Zombie in Miami?

treeduck

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 29 2012, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 29 2012, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 11:05 AM)
Just hope that you're not on the receiving end of some "heroic" cop with an itchy trigger-finger some day. Because you're completely justifying the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. You seem to want to celebrate it.

And the guy they killed wasn't a zombie. It was a human being. Not an innocent, of course, but still a human being. People need to stop acting like this is something out of a video game.

The only thing I'm celebrating is a job well done by the officer, based on the facts we know. Guy eating another human.. guy is shot but does not stop, so more gun shots end the attempted murder in progress. If some guy wacked out of his brain on whatever tried to eat you alive, I would hope the police would do the same for you.

And, not to belabor my point, but one point I forgot to bring up is.. this criminal also appears to be a cannibal (or at least on that day). The officer(s) were at risk of being bitten or worse.. chunks of their flesh ripped out by the maniac. Not worth the risk to the officers. In this case, it is shoot first ask questions later. In this case, I agree with the deadly force. In this case.

So now the officers (plural, remember, there were several) are scared not of being beat up, but of being bitten? That doesn't negate my overall point. Deadly force should not have been the first method used in this situation. How about a couple of these brave cops walk up to the guy and smack him in the head a few times with their batons? Maybe try that first?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 12:40 PM)
Just hope that you're not on the receiving end of some "heroic" cop with an itchy trigger-finger some day. Because you're completely justifying the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. You seem to want to celebrate it.

And the guy they killed wasn't a zombie. It was a human being. Not an innocent, of course, but still a human being. People need to stop acting like this is something out of a video game.

The only thing I'm celebrating is a job well done by the officer, based on the facts we know. Guy eating another human.. guy is shot but does not stop, so more gun shots end the attempted murder in progress. If some guy wacked out of his brain on whatever tried to eat you alive, I would hope the police would do the same for you.

And, not to belabor my point, but one point I forgot to bring up is.. this criminal also appears to be a cannibal (or at least on that day). The officer(s) were at risk of being bitten or worse.. chunks of their flesh ripped out by the maniac. Not worth the risk to the officers. In this case, it is shoot first ask questions later. In this case, I agree with the deadly force. In this case.

So now the officers (plural, remember, there were several) are scared not of being beat up, but of being bitten? That doesn't negate my overall point. Deadly force should not have been the first method used in this situation. How about a couple of these brave cops walk up to the guy and smack him in the head a few times with their batons? Maybe try that first?

laugh.gif c'mon man. They whack him in the head, and he's still chewing on victims face. Then what? Keep whacking till you bash his head in and.. kill the perp. No cop is gonna get within grabbing distance of this zombie guy. His mouth could be considered a deadly weapon, since he's using it to kill the victim. Not worth the risk to police officers. If you're going to be all for the zombie's rights first over the officer's safety (not to mention the victim, who I'm sure needed the perp off him asap), then that's about all from me. Good day, sir trink39.gif

Sorry folks, I am the last person who would ever zealously side with law enforcement trust me, but if you are EATING SOMEONE'S FACE you are pretty much begging to be put down. That's a lot different than "perceived threat" or whatever. That is extremely abhorrent behavior.

We had a CRAZY incident here in Canada a couple years back where a guy beheaded a fellow bus passenger and ate a bunch of his face.... turns out this guy suffers from extreme schizophrenia , but still how the cops who showed up to the scene that day managed to get him in custody without killing him... I dunno but the guy is pretty lucky.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-05-23...-mental-illness

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 29 2012, 08:45 AM)
Never would've guessed this was a treeduck thread.

Wow never would have guessed Ghostgirl would ever complain about one of my threads. I'm shocked!

eyesre4.gif

I suppose you'd be happier if news like this was hushed up and not reported on too, so the world would seem a nicer place?

Close the thread if you don't like it, you're a mod aren't you?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 29 2012, 01:13 PM)

Wow never would have guessed Ghostgirl would ever complain about one of my threads. I'm shocked!

eyesre4.gif

I suppose you'd be happier if news like this was hushed up and not reported on too, so the world would seem a nicer place?

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 29 2012, 05:16 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

Ducky, GG was merely making an observation. Was there a little attitude attached to it? Sure there was, but it was still just an observation. And, you have to admit, an accurate one at that.

If she wanted to close it, she would have. But thanks for the added drama. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 29 2012, 04:27 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

Ducky, GG was merely making an observation. Was there a little attitude attached to it? Sure there was, but it was still just an observation. And, you have to admit, an accurate one at that.

If she wanted to close it, she would have. But thanks for the added drama. biggrin.gif

When are you guys ever gonna post in my "good" threads? Or do I not have any "good" threads? bekloppt.gif I know I'll see you in my "bad" ones to reprimand me and say hi but I never see you in my "good" ones...

trink38.gif

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

You are FAMOUS for posting tabloid-worthy threads, and I believe everyone can agree on that.

And yes, there was an attitude, because you seem to glory in the bizarro stuff.

But the main thing? How DARE you act like I want news hushed up so the "world would seem a nicer place"? You can hush up every bad story in the universe and MY world wouldn't seem like a nicer place.

I have enough horror in my real life, so sue me if I get tired of reading it splashed about in this forum.

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 29 2012, 05:42 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

When are you guys ever gonna post in my "good" threads? Or do I not have any "good" threads? bekloppt.gif I know I'll see you in my "bad" ones to reprimand me and say hi but I never see you in my "good" ones...

trink38.gif

Can't wait to see your next poll.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 29 2012, 07:59 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

You are FAMOUS for posting tabloid-worthy threads, and I believe everyone can agree on that.

And yes, there was an attitude, because you seem to glory in the bizarro stuff.

But the main thing? How DARE you act like I want news hushed up so the "world would seem a nicer place"? You can hush up every bad story in the universe and MY world wouldn't seem like a nicer place.

I have enough horror in my real life, so sue me if I get tired of reading it splashed about in this forum.

Yes, right I'll endeavor to create threads that don't offend you in future so then you won't have to post in any of them, and thus our paths need never cross ever again.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 29 2012, 08:07 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

trink38.gif

The mods don't like my polls either. wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 29 2012, 05:28 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

trink38.gif

Damn,

Your taking a beating today Zombie man. laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ May 29 2012, 08:39 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

trink38.gif

Damn,

Just a normal day on here...

cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 29 2012, 05:40 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

trink38.gif

Damn,

cool10.gif

Your such a rebel. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ May 29 2012, 09:01 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

trink38.gif

Damn,

cool10.gif

All I need to do is turn up to piss people off...

common001.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 29 2012, 10:06 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

trink38.gif

Damn,

cool10.gif

common001.gif

it's the hair

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 29 2012, 09:57 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

trink38.gif

Damn,

cool10.gif

common001.gif

it's the hair

signs015.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 29 2012, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 29 2012, 09:57 PM)

eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

Nice attitude, Duck.

Yeah, really.

trink38.gif

Damn,

cool10.gif

common001.gif

it's the hair

signs015.gif

trink38.gif trink39.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 30 2012, 02:58 AM)

laugh.gif c'mon man. They whack him in the head, and he's still chewing on victims face. Then what? Keep whacking till you bash his head in and.. kill the perp. No cop is gonna get within grabbing distance of this zombie guy. His mouth could be considered a deadly weapon, since he's using it to kill the victim. Not worth the risk to police officers. If you're going to be all for the zombie's rights first over the officer's safety (not to mention the victim, who I'm sure needed the perp off him asap), then that's about all from me. Good day, sir trink39.gif

Next time this happens I think police officers should use daniel as a baton. I think beating a flesh eater with daniel would be much more humane than just gunning the ravenous bastard down. tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 30 2012, 08:17 AM)

Next time this happens I think police officers should use daniel as a baton. I think beating a flesh eater with daniel would be much more humane than just gunning the ravenous bastard down. tongue.gif

laugh.gif yeah, or give daniel a bacon tie and a pineapple ring for his head and use him as a diversion to get future zombies off victims without killing them. Zombies are people too! tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 30 2012, 07:17 AM)

You know what? I'd do that. You give me the same gear the cops carry and I would take that bastard down without firing a shot - and I'm an overweight, out-of-shape ex-smoker.

They carry mace or pepper spray don't they?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 30 2012, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 30 2012, 07:17 AM)

You know what? I'd do that. You give me the same gear the cops carry and I would take that bastard down without firing a shot - and I'm an overweight, out-of-shape ex-smoker.

They carry mace or pepper spray don't they?

Before you embark on your journey to certain death, let me give you a few tips. These drugged out zombies have the strength of 5 or more men, feel no pain and use mace like a Binaca blast.

You're a little overweight? Bring a bottle of Chianti with you. Zombie will be thursty when he's done with you. And quite indebted. Update your will and enjoy yourself! smile.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 30 2012, 08:34 AM)
I heard there pictures of the guys face floating around. Anyone see them?

Yes and I saw it, and my advice is don't look at it! It made me feel sick and I had to go and lie down for a minute, and further I needed something to take my mind off it for a few hours to heal up my inner landscape... wacko.gif