Zombie in Miami?

treeduck

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably resorted to cannibalism because the only restaurant close was a Subway.

Never would've guess this was a treeduck thread.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 28 2012, 09:04 PM)
This story bugs me. There are a lot of flaws here. First, let's see what we know. Two guys. One of them is naked and eating the other's face. There were multiple cops there. The assailant was ordered to stop, looked up at the cops, growled, and went back to eating the dude's face. At that point, a cop shot him. The shot didn't make him stop, so the cop shot him multiple more times.

Why did they shoot him? This isn't a video game, you don't just shoot your enemies off the NPCs. These cops carry batons, yes? And we've established that there were several cops there - are they seriously suggesting that several cops couldn't physically restrain a lone naked guy?

Will this be the standard operating procedure for cops from now on? No more attempts at physical restraint, just start shooting unarmed people?

The department will spin some BS tale about how the officers were in danger - oh, wait, they already have:
Sergeant Altarr Williams, supervisor of Miami police?s Homicide Unit, said a man doesn?t have to be armed to be dangerous.

?There are other ways to injure people,?? Williams said. ?Some people know martial arts, others are very strong and can kill you with their hands.??
Well, how the hell do you know who knows martial arts and who can kill you with their hands?! For all they know, I'm a frackin' black belt ninja - I guess they'd better just shoot me the next time I get pulled over for speeding?

Unless there's something we're not being told here, I steadfastly maintain that deadly force was completely uncalled for.

[edited to add: It's always unfortunate when cops get hurt. But that's what cops sign up for. They know what the potential for getting hurt is part of the job. If they shot this guy simply because they were afraid he might start throwing punches... this goes back to the idea that several cops couldn't handle one lone naked guy. How heroic of them.]

Your post bugs me. You sound like you want to play devils advocate, or are just uneducated. Naked man trying to eat another human? Sorry to hear the zombie dude bit it (pun intended), but that scene left few options. Maybe a few police officers should have been injured first, before they plugged him. Would that have made it better?

Oh never mind. Officer did good. No one else got hurt or killed. Some people just need to be shot to death in order to stop them from trying to kill other people.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 29 2012, 08:52 AM)
This story bugs me. There are a lot of flaws here. First, let's see what we know. Two guys. One of them is naked and eating the other's face. There were multiple cops there. The assailant was ordered to stop, looked up at the cops, growled, and went back to eating the dude's face. At that point, a cop shot him. The shot didn't make him stop, so the cop shot him multiple more times.

Why did they shoot him? This isn't a video game, you don't just shoot your enemies off the NPCs. These cops carry batons, yes? And we've established that there were several cops there - are they seriously suggesting that several cops couldn't physically restrain a lone naked guy?

Will this be the standard operating procedure for cops from now on? No more attempts at physical restraint, just start shooting unarmed people?

The department will spin some BS tale about how the officers were in danger - oh, wait, they already have:
Sergeant Altarr Williams, supervisor of Miami police?s Homicide Unit, said a man doesn?t have to be armed to be dangerous.

?There are other ways to injure people,?? Williams said. ?Some people know martial arts, others are very strong and can kill you with their hands.??
Well, how the hell do you know who knows martial arts and who can kill you with their hands?! For all they know, I'm a frackin' black belt ninja - I guess they'd better just shoot me the next time I get pulled over for speeding?

Unless there's something we're not being told here, I steadfastly maintain that deadly force was completely uncalled for.

[edited to add: It's always unfortunate when cops get hurt. But that's what cops sign up for. They know what the potential for getting hurt is part of the job. If they shot this guy simply because they were afraid he might start throwing punches... this goes back to the idea that several cops couldn't handle one lone naked guy. How heroic of them.]

Your post bugs me. You sound like you want to play devils advocate, or are just uneducated. Naked man trying to eat another human? Sorry to hear the zombie dude bit it (pun intended), but that scene left few options. Maybe a few police officers should have been injured first, before they plugged him. Would that have made it better?

Oh never mind. Officer did good. No one else got hurt or killed. Some people just need to be shot to death in order to stop them from trying to kill other people.

Oh, please. Yes, if it means not killing someone, then maybe an officer should risk getting hurt. That's their job. I'm not playing devil's advocate and I'm certainly not uneducated. The cops handled this very, very badly and now someone is dead that shouldn't be. Had they tried another method and then resorted to using their guns, that would be one thing. But "hey, stop" followed by gunfire? Shooting an unarmed man? There's no excuse - NONE - for shooting him to death to be the first response.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 29 2012, 08:52 AM)

Oh, please. Yes, if it means not killing someone, then maybe an officer should risk getting hurt. That's their job. I'm not playing devil's advocate and I'm certainly not uneducated. The cops handled this very, very badly and now someone is dead that shouldn't be. Had they tried another method and then resorted to using their guns, that would be one thing. But "hey, stop" followed by gunfire? Shooting an unarmed man? There's no excuse - NONE - for shooting him to death to be the first response.

Police officer repetedly ordered zombie off the victim. Attacker growled at officer then continued his torturous attempt to murder victim by eating him alive. Officer fired a shot hitting zombie. Zombie continued to eat, thereby continuing to try to murder victim. Officer fired again, killing zombie.

Good job officer applaudit.gif Bad posting daniel :boo:

Just hope that you're not on the receiving end of some "heroic" cop with an itchy trigger-finger some day. Because you're completely justifying the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. You seem to want to celebrate it.

And the guy they killed wasn't a zombie. It was a human being. Not an innocent, of course, but still a human being. People need to stop acting like this is something out of a video game.

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 11:05 AM)
Just hope that you're not on the receiving end of some "heroic" cop with an itchy trigger-finger some day. Because you're completely justifying the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. You seem to want to celebrate it.

And the guy they killed wasn't a zombie. It was a human being. Not an innocent, of course, but still a human being. People need to stop acting like this is something out of a video game.

The only thing I'm celebrating is a job well done by the officer, based on the facts we know. Guy eating another human.. guy is shot but does not stop, so more gun shots end the attempted murder in progress. If some guy wacked out of his brain on whatever tried to eat you alive, I would hope the police would do the same for you.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 29 2012, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 11:05 AM)

The only thing I'm celebrating is a job well done by the officer, based on the facts we know. Guy eating another human.. guy is shot but does not stop, so more gun shots end the attempted murder in progress. If some guy wacked out of his brain on whatever tried to eat you alive, I would hope the police would do the same for you.

And, not to belabor my point, but one point I forgot to bring up is.. this criminal also appears to be a cannibal (or at least on that day). The officer(s) were at risk of being bitten or worse.. chunks of their flesh ripped out by the maniac. Not worth the risk to the officers. In this case, it is shoot first ask questions later. In this case, I agree with the deadly force. In this case.