Hey, STAR WARS...

Presto-digitation

QUOTE (ioc @ May 25 2012, 07:12 AM)
Star Wars WAS my childhood.

yes.gif

A childhood love that at least for me, has carried on into my adulthood and is still with me today.

How I wish I never opened and played with all those toys back in the 80s, now knowing what they could be worth. But when you're a kid you don't think about those things.

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/cantinabandf.gif http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/mocantina.gif

Star Wars always brings mixed emotions out of me. Such a GREAT concept, GREAT potential, but held back by pockets of obscenely bad film dialogue and merchandising schemes. Much joy in watching every battle scene, every use of the Force......and great rage when my asshole brother came home and told me all the spoilers in The Empire Strikes Back...... rage.gif

In spite of all the negatives, I can still watch every episode with joy and appreciation. I can watch Luke battle Vader and Palpatine every single day, and still feel chills..... 1022.gif

I'm going to Comicaplooza today (and tomorrow and Sunday), where my one and only goal is to meet Timothy Zahn and get him to sign my copy of Heir to the Empire. More than anyone, arguably more than Lucas himself, Zahn is responsible for the resurgence of Star Wars in the early 90's.

The best part is that Zahn will be leading several writers workshops that I'll be sitting in on.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 25 2012, 08:45 AM)
I'm going to Comicaplooza today (and tomorrow and Sunday), where my one and only goal is to meet Timothy Zahn and get him to sign my copy of Heir to the Empire. More than anyone, arguably more than Lucas himself, Zahn is responsible for the resurgence of Star Wars in the early 90's.

The best part is that Zahn will be leading several writers workshops that I'll be sitting in on.

Don't you know it! Love the series. In fact, I think I will read it again.

If Lucas ever 'bit it', I have no doubt his family would pimp out that story for a movie...and it would be AWESOME!