The tip jar poll I saw at my Starbucks today

BeOhBe Bob

What would you rather eat  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather eat

• A muffin
    • A scone

And these questions are taped onto their tip container, so you put your tip wherever you want your vote to be cast. Now after a long hot day, and a sense of humor from left of center...I'm in the drive thru line, my cell rings and it's DIRECTV asking me whatever, and I answer "I'm really sorry this is a bad time, I have a really pretty girl here waiting for my card so I can pay for my coffee"..and hang up. She giggles takes my card and I look down and see

the tip container.

I am laughing my ass off, and she says BOB! Are you laughing at me cuz I took the top off your latte' and had to look close at it to make sure it was done right?

I was laughing with my hand over my mouth and said No Vanessa honey I'm sorry...I wasn't laughing at you! I saw your tip box and thought of Aerosmith! Laughing, I turned the box so she could read it... Huh? was her answer and I drove away

They get these from Corporate ya know, so makes ya wonder...

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

QUOTE (t2s @ May 21 2012, 07:43 PM)
I don't get it  unsure.gif

i think it has something to do with this:

and all these years i've just been singing-along-syllables with no particular reasoning,,,just fun rhymes laugh.gif

...never really understanding what was happening there ohmy.gif

so now i'm gonna go wash my eyes out with soap,

and when i come back, i'll have the scone. thank you smile.gif

Not paying any attention to the conversation currently taking place in this thread, I'm going to say I'd rather have a scone because it's not as sweet but at the same time...I really don't like raisins or any other fruit embedded into my bready products.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 21 2012, 11:09 PM)
Not paying any attention to the conversation currently taking place in this thread, I'm going to say I'd rather have a scone because it's not as sweet but at the same time...I really don't like raisins or any other fruit embedded into my bready products.

Raisins ruin everything.

I prefer muffins, though. It's hard to get a really good scone in the US. I used to work for a bakery many years ago and it has something to do with the type of flour used, which is tough to find. And then people have to pervert the concept of scones by using stupid substitutions like whole wheat flour (has its place, but not in scones) and omg, we CAN'T use shortening - it's BAD FOR YOU!

So gimme a muffin. Better yet, give me a Martin's biscuit. Made with lard, the way it should be.

QUOTE (t2s @ May 21 2012, 10:43 PM)
I don't get it unsure.gif

confused13.gif I don't get it either....

But as far as muffins versus scones....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!

Muffins are like 1,000,000 times better than scones. Muffins are delicious cakey sugary soft fluffy goodness. Scones are bland, dry, and boring. Blechh.

WTFF? Scones are winning?!! I don't think I've ever been so fired up about anything on TRF!! This will not stand!! rage.gif Seriously, scones? Really?

Y'know, I just don't get people sometimes.

Everytime I see a sign at a motel that reads, "Continental Breakfast" I want to immediately tear it down and put a new one up that says, "JUST MUFFINS"

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 21 2012, 10:35 PM)
And these questions are taped onto their tip container, so you put your tip wherever you want your vote to be cast. Now after a long hot day, and a sense of humor from left of center...I'm in the drive thru line, my cell rings and it's DIRECTV asking me whatever, and I answer "I'm really sorry this is a bad time, I have a really pretty girl here waiting for my card so I can pay for my coffee"..and hang up. She giggles takes my card and I look down and see

the tip container.

I am laughing my ass off, and she says BOB! Are you laughing at me cuz I took the top off your latte' and had to look close at it to make sure it was done right?

I was laughing with my hand over my mouth and said No Vanessa honey I'm sorry...I wasn't laughing at you! I saw your tip box and thought of Aerosmith! Laughing, I turned the box so she could read it... Huh? was her answer and I drove away

I get the reference but it is a stretch. it's not like it's a direct quote.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 22 2012, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 21 2012, 10:35 PM)
And these questions are taped onto their tip container, so you put your tip wherever you want your vote to be cast.  Now after a long hot day, and a sense of humor from left of center...I'm in the drive thru line, my cell rings and it's DIRECTV asking me whatever, and I answer  "I'm really sorry this is a bad time, I have a really pretty girl here waiting for my card so I can pay for my coffee"..and hang up.  She giggles takes my card and I look down and see

the tip container.

I am laughing my ass off, and she says BOB!  Are you laughing at me cuz I took the top off your latte' and had to look close at it to make sure it was done right?

I was laughing with my hand over my mouth and said No Vanessa honey I'm sorry...I wasn't laughing at you!  I saw your tip box and thought of Aerosmith! Laughing, I turned the box so she could read it...  Huh? was her answer and I drove away

I get the reference but it is a stretch. it's not like it's a direct quote.

no you're right it isn't. I was somehow trying to be PC with this girl who's about to graduate from Akron U with a BS in Nursing..making her an RN outta school...and somehow NOT have it blow up when my wife shows up...

In that split second I said Aerosmith instead of....you know wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 22 2012, 11:47 AM)
Bob, knowing "muffin" was one of the choices, as soon as I saw Aerosmith it got it instantly. laugh.gif

I always think of Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper's song "Stuffin' Martha's Muffin".

Bob, knowing "muffin" was one of the choices, as soon as I saw Aerosmith it got it instantly. laugh.gif

*where's the hat tipping smiley when you need it LOL*

QUOTE (Mara @ May 21 2012, 10:25 PM)
Raisins ruin everything.

Raisins suck

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 22 2012, 02:53 PM)
Muffins. They're just cupcakes without frosting, and who doesn't like a cupcake?

Exactly.

Actually, I know a girl who doesn't like cake, including cupcakes. unsure.gif

But anyway.... it's good to see muffins are taking the cake (so to speak) in this poll. All is right in the universe. smile.gif

OK I'm guessing the "muffin" is a dead euphemism for *ahem* a female body part? Anyway, we went to Starbucks TWICE yesterday. First trip saw Vanessa (Diane can't tolerate her) the one I saw the day before, and the tip box. Diane finally saw what I was talking about.

"Are ya f*%#&in kiddin me?" laughs and says hell yes a muffin! Vanessa comes to the window with our drinks...not knowing what's so damn funny.

The second trip? Box was turned around so no one could read it ohmy.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 22 2012, 12:39 PM)
Bob, knowing "muffin" was one of the choices, as soon as I saw Aerosmith it got it instantly.  laugh.gif

*where's the hat tipping smiley when you need it LOL*

I got it too and would have had the same thoughts going through my head as I read it as well.

She just reminded me of her own old joke/one liner/possible new tip jar poll

How do you eat your ice cream

Right out of the box

Licking a cone

laugh.gif