The orchestra thing

Karena

Would we know if this was happening before the tour? I don't care if I do not know the setlist ahead of time but I need to know in advance if an orchestra will be involved. I paid a fair amount of money for good seats for opening night. I would think there would be some kind of announcement.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think they are waiting to see the response for album once they release it to decide weather or not they will tour with and Orchestra. Actually, I think they will be using a small string section not an an orchestra.

yes.gif

It's important to know because with extra musicians would it not be Rush and Friends? Not just Rush. It makes a difference because Rush has always been the same three guys capable of making all that music with just those three talents, even with the backing stuff. I guess they could fill Geddy's speaker space with humans but that would be weird unless they put them in dryers.

God i hope not

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 21 2012, 02:30 PM)
I actually think they are waiting to see the response for album once they release it to decide weather or not they will tour with and Orchestra.

At this point, show/tour plans are well beyond that.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 21 2012, 05:53 PM)
Please God, please let Lawrence Welk be the orchestra leader.

Look we know that at least 4 songs have strings on them, 2 of them being completely string intros. The question is how many musicians were at the recording? I really think its just may be a string quartet at the Concert. They really wouldn't need anything else if they decide to go through with it and perform the entire album live.

confused13.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 21 2012, 06:01 PM)

Look we know that at least 4 songs have strings on them, 2 of them being completely string intros. The question is how many musicians were at the recording? I really think its just may be a string quartet at the Concert. They really wouldn't need anything else if they decide to go through with it and perform the entire album live.

confused13.gif

Then that's seven people performing on stage, four of whom are not in Rush. We should be informed ahead of time if that will be the case.

QUOTE (Karena @ May 21 2012, 07:19 PM)

confused13.gif

Then that's seven people performing on stage, four of whom are not in Rush. We should be informed ahead of time if that will be the case.

Why? David Gilmour performed with a small orchestra last tour, he didn't make a major announcement! Why do you need an announcement?

confused13.gif

You'll know after the first show!

yes.gif

QUOTE (Karena @ May 21 2012, 03:08 PM)
It's important to know because with extra musicians would it not be Rush and Friends?  Not just Rush.  It makes a difference because Rush has always been the same three guys capable of making all that music with just those three talents, even with the backing stuff.  I guess they could fill Geddy's speaker space with humans but that would be weird unless they put them in dryers.

The dryer comment deserves a rofl3.gif

QUOTE (2112rush @ May 21 2012, 05:41 PM)
It would be alright to have a small string section for songs that required it such as 'Losing It' and some songs on CA, but apart from that, I would not like to see an orchestra or a string section.

What's wrong with just having Ben Mink and his electronic violin covering the string(s) needed? wink.gif

Edited by softfilter

Rush should tour with a jazz band and do all their songs in a big band style, with an encore of new tracks from their forthcoming album, Feedback II: A Tribute To Count Basie.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 21 2012, 09:14 PM)
David Gilmour performed with a small orchestra last tour

Gilmour's Pink Floyd tours might as well been called the Pink Floyd orchestra.

What did they have about twelve members in back up band along with trio of female chorus singers. tongue.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 21 2012, 10:14 PM)

confused13.gif

Why? David Gilmour performed with a small orchestra last tour, he didn't make a major announcement! Why do you need an announcement?

confused13.gif

yes.gif

No...Lawrence Welk needs to be there...he would be perfect for the arrangements.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 22 2012, 03:51 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 21 2012, 10:14 PM)

confused13.gif

confused13.gif

yes.gif

No...Lawrence Welk needs to be there...he would be perfect for the arrangements.

Dude, Lawrence Welk died 20 years ago. Unless you want to prop up his corpse and put a baton in its hand... come to think of it, that might not be a bad idea. It certainly would get attention.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 21 2012, 09:14 PM)

confused13.gif

confused13.gif

yes.gif

I'm not interested in that so if I knew in advance I could transfer my tickets to someone who might better appreciate an evening with Rush and String Quartet.

I would also hate to show up and be underdressed.

QUOTE (Karena @ May 21 2012, 08:19 PM)

confused13.gif

Why does it even matter? Are you going to skip the show if they bring an orchestra?