• How It Is
    • Vapor Trail
    • Secret Touch
    • Earthshine
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Nocturne
    • Freeze
    • Out Of The Cradle

In keeping with losingit2k's previous poll about Test For Echo, and to mark the recent Vapor Trails anniversary, what VT song would you most like to hear on the upcoming tour?

My pick is Vapor Trail. It's my favorite song from the album and one of my favorite songs period. It's a shame it hasn't been played live. But I have this weird sneaking suspicion we're in for a treat this tour....

Sweet Miracle and Ceiling Unlimited would also be amazing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Echoes @ May 16 2012, 12:32 AM)
I voted for Earthshine, but it would be cool to hear Vapor Trail or Ceiling Unlimited too.

I certainly wouldn't complain if we get Earthshine. I've only been to one Rush show (S&A tour) so I've never heard it.

I'm guessing realistically we get 1 song from VT this tour.... 2 tops. sad.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 15 2012, 11:35 PM)
QUOTE (Echoes @ May 16 2012, 12:32 AM)
I voted for Earthshine, but it would be cool to hear Vapor Trail or Ceiling Unlimited too.

I certainly wouldn't complain if we get Earthshine. I've only been to one Rush show (S&A tour) so I've never heard it.

I'm guessing realistically we get 1 song from VT this tour.... 2 tops. sad.gif

S&A was my first Rush show as well, so I never got to hear it either. From the DVD's, it looks like it has such a great energy live, and I'd like to experience that 1022.gif

Edited by Echoes

In a related note, "Vapor Trail" is currently the most popular song from VT over at rushpetition.com, and the 9th most popular overall.

I voted 'Freeze', as I've really been into it lately, but it was a hard choice!

I'd love 'Ceiling Unlimited', but I can satisfy my live craving for it by listening to previous concerts. 'Secret Touch' is tremendous live, but I have witnessed it already, and it was fabulous. 'How It Is' would be really sweet, but I don't really see it transferring live. 'Nocturne' would be pretty cool, too, though!

I wonder what VT song(s) we'll be treated to? Personally, I could do without 'One Little Victory', and instead have something more obscure.

Hmm, yes, the more I think about it, the more I'd like 'Freeze'! And maybe it would be a possibility, as a 'Fear' quartet!

I love VT, but honestly, I don't know how many of these songs could actually be played live.

Take Freeze for instance. How many layered guitar tracks do you think are in that song? Then there are the Geddy choirs. It's just too much going on all at once.

Sure, they could assign all of that stuff to samplers like they did in the past, but, honestly, it's kind of embarrassing to watch. Especially when they trigger vocals and Alex pretends to sing them. They could just disregard the "phantom singing", but the guys are clearly ashamed of it because they try to cover it up.

Point is, I don't want to see Rush "pretend" to do anything. If they never play VT stuff again because they don't want to have to sample additional guitar and vocal passages, then I'll be happy knowing that they are only doing what makes them comfortable and doesn't compromise their integrity, despite my fondness for the material.

Although if they did play a VT song, I'd hope for Freeze. It's a great song and would have good atmosphere live, dubs and all.

Well, it would be really cool to see Geddy rip into that Ceiling Unlimited bass solo live or Freeze performed as part of the whole Fear series. And Earthshine, Sweet Miracle, Ghost Rider, and Secret Touch are all great tunes. But I've felt for a while now that Vapor Trail would be awesome live, and as I've had a hunch they might actually break it out, I'll go ahead and vote for it.

Vapor Trail, Nocturne or Sweet Miracle. Any of those would be great.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 16 2012, 07:56 AM)
I voted for Ceiling Unlimited, my favorite song on the album. I missed it twice (I went on Ghost Rider nights).

I would also love to hear Peaceable Kingdom.

It was the oppisite for me. I got CU at my show but would've preferred Ghost Rider. But my vote went to Vapor Trail because i'd love to see Neil play it live.

One Little Victor is a RUSH song. It makes the hairs on your neck stand up. It's visual. It gets non-fans to say, "What song is that, it's cool."

QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 16 2012, 12:01 PM)
How about "None of the above, ever, for the rest of eternity"?

You meant to post this in the Test For Echo thread, right? wink.gif