New Article on CA

losingit2k

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 8 2012, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 8 2012, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ May 8 2012, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 8 2012, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (Majestyk @ May 8 2012, 04:30 PM)
Sounds to me like Caravan and Bu2B were rerecorded..

Well we know BU2B was, from the recent review.

I'm still not sure, I think it's more likely that while they may have been remixed for aural consistency the recordings are probably the same ones we have. The fact that BU2B is longer could simply mean that what we got before was essentially the radio edit without the intro. That review doesn't say anything about either song being redone.

I thought the review said there is now a guitar solo in BU2B? confused13.gif

It depends how you define "solo". I'd say there's one in it now. It's just atmospheric and rhythmic but that's what I expect a lot of the solos to sound like. Like I said, I'm not sure but I just haven't seen anything of substance either way. The fact that the MR reviewer seems to be a hardcore fan and we now have comments from Neil and Nick about the songs and yet no one has mentioned that the songs we've grown to know for 2 full years have been redone. I find that odd if they have been.

I for one hope they didn't add another solo or change the one in BU2B. At first I wanted one but the stuff he does from 3:09-3:33 just gives me chills. Such an atmospheric "solo". Sounds like it came right off of Afterimage or something. That and the keys is why I always say BU2B has a GUP vibe although much heavier.

I agree, in fact that whole melodic section starting about 2 1/2 minutes in can't get any better in my opinion. On the other hand it wouldn't be the end of the world for me if they have been changed, I've already got the first 2 on CD and it might be neat to just have the whole album feel fresh and see what changes they'd make. I can still listen to the old ones any time I want.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 8 2012, 06:31 PM)

I'm still not sure, I think it's more likely that while they may have been remixed for aural consistency the recordings are probably the same ones we have. The fact that BU2B is longer could simply mean that what we got before was essentially the radio edit without the intro. That review doesn't say anything about either song being redone.

It depends how you define "solo". I'd say there's one in it now. It's just atmospheric and rhythmic but that's what I expect a lot of the solos to sound like. Like I said, I'm not sure but I just haven't seen anything of substance either way. The fact that the MR reviewer seems to be a hardcore fan and we now have comments from Neil and Nick about the songs and yet no one has mentioned that the songs we've grown to know for 2 full years have been redone. I find that odd if they have been.

I for one hope they didn't add another solo or change the one in BU2B. At first I wanted one but the stuff he does from 3:09-3:33 just gives me chills. Such an atmospheric "solo". Sounds like it came right off of Afterimage or something. That and the keys is why I always say BU2B has a GUP vibe although much heavier.

I agree, in fact that whole melodic section starting about 2 1/2 minutes in can't get any better in my opinion. On the other hand it wouldn't be the end of the world for me if they have been changed, I've already got the first 2 on CD and it might be neat to just have the whole album feel fresh and see what changes they'd make. I can still listen to the old ones any time I want.

Exactly. I actually do want the solo in Caravan changed but I can live with it either way. All three songs so far are just stellar to me.

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 8 2012, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 8 2012, 06:31 PM)

Exactly. I actually do want the solo in Caravan changed but I can live with it either way. All three songs so far are just stellar to me.

Yep! trink39.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 8 2012, 03:41 PM)
I This record reminds me of All The World's A Stage, in some ways. It's got that rawness and energy, and that level of playing.

http://www.affiliatesdelight.com/style_emoticons/default/dance_bananas.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 8 2012, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 8 2012, 03:41 PM)
I This record reminds me of All The World's A Stage, in some ways. It's got that rawness and energy, and that level of playing.

http://www.affiliatesdelight.com/style_emoticons/default/dance_bananas.gif

Colored dancing bananas! That's what I'm talking about.