New Article on CA

losingit2k

QUOTE (trenken @ May 9 2012, 08:47 AM)
Just get back to very adventurous writing and arrangements and forget about writing songs to try and sell albums. They havent had an album that sold very much at all since the 80s, so just go nuts. If this is going to be the last album then break all the rules and just put together something very strange. Been waiting a long time for this, I just hope it actually delivers on it.

goodpost.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I can't take it. Can we please get this album already! LOL!!!

QUOTE (trenken @ May 9 2012, 06:47 AM)
They havent had an album that sold very much at all since the 80s

Roll the Bones was from the 90s.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ May 9 2012, 07:01 AM)
QUOTE (wilb1972 @ May 9 2012, 06:58 AM)
But yea, Peter Collins was great, and I love what he did with them on PoW and CP

Re-listened to CP yesterday and honestly I think that IS their best sounding album of all.

Thank Kevin Shirley for that not Peter Collins. yes.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 9 2012, 01:58 PM)
But yea, Peter Collins was great, and I love what he did with them on PoW and CP

Re-listened to CP yesterday and honestly I think that IS their best sounding album of all.

Thank Kevin Shirley for that not Peter Collins. yes.gif

I thank them both.

Agreed. It is rocking and sounds thick, yet manages to not sound "noisy" at all, unlike Test for Echo (which has moments where it rocks yet sounds a bit noisy) or Vapor Trails. I mean, just listen to the drums! CP and Porcupine Tree's Deadwing are two of the best sounding drum albums ever.

Saw this on another site, not sure if it was posted here.

"Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson originally worked on the music together in a basement studio, sometimes with Lifeson giving Peart two demos of a tune - one with a drum machine illustrating rhythmic ideas, the other a click-track. "Alex had put together one collection of ideas that turned out to be most of the song Clockwork Angels,' says Peart. "As soon as I heard its rhythmic feel, which was so different for us, my response was 'I want to play that!'"

Carnies and Headlong Flight were of 'furious jams', and there was an 'immediate spark of connection' with Seven Cities Of Gold, Alex Lifeson says, "We talked about having a raucous beginning that related to the middle 'solo' section, and as the song evolved it took on the appropriate character; entering the city with all the wild, dangerous sensory experience it offers." Peart asserts that Lifeson's solo on The Garden was, "A few takes recorded casually and assembled into an improvised performance that remains his personal favourite." Audiences throughout the Time Machine tour will have already heard the opening tracks, first single Caravan and its B-side BU2B, which were written early in the process. The Wreckers was the result of Lee and Lifeson swapping instruments during writing sessions but, "Once we switched into recording mode," says Peart, "it was back to the same old us." 2.gif

QUOTE (The Omega Concern @ May 11 2012, 01:07 PM)
Saw this on another site, not sure if it was posted here.

"Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson originally worked on the music together in a basement studio, sometimes with Lifeson giving Peart two demos of a tune - one with a drum machine illustrating rhythmic ideas, the other a click-track. "Alex had put together one collection of ideas that turned out to be most of the song Clockwork Angels,' says Peart. "As soon as I heard its rhythmic feel, which was so different for us, my response was 'I want to play that!'"

Carnies and Headlong Flight were of 'furious jams', and there was an 'immediate spark of connection' with Seven Cities Of Gold, Alex Lifeson says, "We talked about having a raucous beginning that related to the middle 'solo' section, and as the song evolved it took on the appropriate character; entering the city with all the wild, dangerous sensory experience it offers." Peart asserts that Lifeson's solo on The Garden was, "A few takes recorded casually and assembled into an improvised performance that remains his personal favourite." Audiences throughout the Time Machine tour will have already heard the opening tracks, first single Caravan and its B-side BU2B, which were written early in the process. The Wreckers was the result of Lee and Lifeson swapping instruments during writing sessions but, "Once we switched into recording mode," says Peart, "it was back to the same old us." 2.gif

Yeah, it's been scanned and posted here but thanks! smile.gif