The one thing!

losingit2k

What is the one thing that might make you dislike CA?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is the one thing that might make you dislike CA?

• Not one true Epic on the album.
    • the mix on Geddy's voice.
    • Neil's drum sound
    • The rest of the album is not as heavy as HF.
    • The best three songs were already released.
    • Alex's guitar sound
    • Strings on too many other songs
    • Geddy's Bass sound
    • Overall mix of the album
    • No Instrumentals
    • Not enough keyboards
    • Songs are too structured
    • The concept was weak
    • Clockwork Angels (Song) wasn't as Epic as described
    • Too Many overdubs (Voices or Guitar)
    • Alex's Leads were not as structured (Like Limelight)
    • The compositions were weak
    • Needs more Cowbell
    • I'm a fanboi and I'll like everything regardless
    • I'm a troll and I'll hate everything regardless

I went with Overall mix on the album, I usually don't have a problem with anything else, Their composition even if weak always have something to offer. The only things that would make me dislike CA would be if the Overall sound were off or at least not as good as S & A.

yes.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 2 2012, 08:21 PM)
The fact that it's taken over 2 years to release.

Oh yeah, I forgot that one!

There should be a way to edit polls!

banghead.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 2 2012, 08:55 PM)
Traditionally I stand with the fanboys. Rush has yet to really disappoint me.

Oh they've disappointed me with the mix of Vapor Trails so thats the reason I voted for the overall mix was off!

yes.gif

Too many overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs

QUOTE (NYM86 @ May 2 2012, 08:31 PM)
They definitely better not overdo it with the strings. 062802puke_prv.gif

If I can't have many keys then strings sounds very intriging to me. The Cranberries use them for atmosphere and it really ramps up the goosebump factor IMO. The string sounding mellotron in Faithless is great.

QUOTE (patjnev @ May 2 2012, 08:10 PM)
Too many overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs overdubs

rofl3.gif

But, yeah. This for me, too.

I chose "the best three songs were already released," which to me is almost a variation of the choice before it: "the rest of the album is not as heavy as HF." It would be a disappointment if the rest of the album was entirely slow soft stuff. One or two songs, fine, but don't lose the BALLS.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 3 2012, 07:35 AM)
If the rest of the album is mostly midtempo S&A style. I don't need it to be heavy, just not boring.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 3 2012, 07:45 AM)
QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 2 2012, 09:18 PM)
Where's the Geddy oohs and ahhs option?

That would be over dubs Sir!

yes.gif

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19899029.jpg

Out of these, I voted not enough keyboards. Imo the keyboards were an essential part of the band's best work - often almost as essential as the guitars as they added so much atmosphere. I think that element has been missing to some extent from Presto onwards and I REALLY hope it makes a comeback on Clockwork Angels, though admittedly the songs released so far show little evidence of it.

A lot of people here seem to believe that heaviness and ballsyness are everything but they seem to forget that the work Rush released in the late 70s/early 80s (considered by the majority to be their peak era) was really not that heavy. Certainly nowhere near as heavy as much of Counterparts and most of Vapor Trails - neither of those albums are rated as highly as Moving Pictures etc. round here, despite their heaviness. I see very little correlation between heaviness and good song writing - to me a good song is a good song regardless of how heavy it is.

Btw if there was an option for lack of decent vocal melodies, that's what I would have voted for.

QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ May 3 2012, 11:00 AM)
Out of these, I voted not enough keyboards. Imo the keyboards were an essential part of the band's best work - often almost as essential as the guitars as they added so much atmosphere. I think that element has been missing to some extent from Presto onwards and I REALLY hope it makes a comeback on Clockwork Angels, though admittedly the songs released so far show little evidence of it.

I agree, I'd really love to hear the return of synth as a dominant element, but I think its gone for good. sad.gif