Houston - NINTH ROW BABY!

danielmclark

So, I hit the ticket link at exactly 12:00:01 and got to the first page. Hit Continue. Entered my email, ticked the "over 13" box, and hit Continue.

I selected 2 tickets for the floor, max price. That's sections A, B and C. The floor at the lower price consists of D, E and F.

No tickets available. WHAAAAT?

I hit it again. No tickets available. I hit it again. No tickets. Again. No tickets. Again. Again.

I had to hit that dropdown box, select "2" for my quantity, and hit Enter to submit over and over and over again FOR ELEVEN MINUTES. Literally. I went through that five second process consistently for eleven minutes. Finally, Section C, row 9 popped up. I wasn't holding out for the first five rows, I wanted anything in the first ten.

WOO HOO!

The moral of the story is, just keep hammering away. Something will probably come up.

I have tried for 2 seats on floor for 36 minutes.

No tickets

I was on at 12:00 exactly!!!

I tried like you did, right at 12, got the "no tickets available" notice each time.

Bought 2 VIP passes. Houston! Yay Me!

Now to hide the credit card bill as long as possible from guess-who, good thing he is out of town laugh.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Didn't get jack. I was trying for 4, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I was working that mouse like a rented mule and after half an hour had nothing. I'm not going without my brothers. I'm wishing now Rush was less popular...like the good old days.

Checked ebay and 4 tickets were up for 1500. F#c& ALL SCALPERS!! And if you buy from scalpers, hope you get Ebola from rabid monkey gang rape!!

Congrats trink39.gif And you did not have to shell out $350 per ticket to have the same seat

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Apr 30 2012, 02:07 PM)
I'm sorry but it's bullshit how you have to do this in order to snag decent seats. I'm not looking forward to May 7 when it's my turn...

With a few thousand people trying for tickets, how would you have it set up?

(I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious - because nobody likes the system, but nobody seems to have a better one).

After 45 minutes on my iPad I couldn't even get

2 tickets floor. 1 hour before for Atlanta, I easily got 8th

row Alex (4).

Does anyone know if the venue gives a allotment for

each pre-sale. Or does the first Presale get best seats?

BTW, congrats on the seats dm.

I'm curious how the scalpers game the system. Are they just opportunistic individuals luckier on the draw or more organized?

Stubhub has tkts in groups of four in sections B and C. Row 4 tkts!!

Good seats were available--I had my 19yo son on one computer while I was on another, and he pulled up fourth row center; I never even managed to get anything in A/B/C to come up on my computer. I attributed this miracle to the good karma of the novice ("Mom, is 4th row good?" "Y-y-y-y-es, dear.")

Likewise for San Antonio the only first section floor seats I even got to come up were row 17, which I took because I chickened out of throwing them back. Not that row 17 is terrible, but one always hopes . . . especially when one will be standing on the floor surrounded by a bunch of grown men taller than oneself. wink.gif I kept trying even after I bought those to see if anything would come up, and it turned out that in an hour of trying only that one pair of seats even came up. At all. I'll be checking the Wednesday presale and the opening of the general sale for better in San Antonio, because you never know.

As far as a better method, as much as I loathe this one, as an adult with other demands on my time, I don't exactly miss the old days of waiting in long lines at the venue or of general admission tickets that meant a long wait in a crush to get in before the show. I don't mind duking it out online for good seats with other fans, but I do wish there was a better way to keep out the scalpers. There's no honor among thieves.

Does anyone know how exactly the Floor seats will be laid out at Toyota Center?

I can't even figure out how many rows are in each section and which side the seat numbering starts from. They have the Seat3D system for Rockets games but their info for concerts is sorely lacking.

I am trying to decide between Floor A Row 21 and Floor D Row 1.

If 21 is the last row of Floor A then I am thinking D1 would be the better choice since there is probably (?) a gap between them and it would give me a better view with no one in front of me.

On the other hand if Floor A has 30 rows then I will take the closer seats.

I would call Toyota center and ask. I have no idea... but if you do find out, could you post your findings? I'm rather curious about where the seat numbering starts. If it starts from the outer edge and counts inward, I'm going to be in great shape. If it's in the other direction, I might not be tongue.gif

There was one of the sites that had a seating chart and I've been trying to figure out where it was, but just can't find it again.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 2 2012, 07:51 PM)
There was one of the sites that had a seating chart and I've been trying to figure out where it was, but just can't find it again.

Only one I can find has the sections blocked out, but doesn't mention the seat numbers sad.gif

I know. I'm driving myself crazy trying to find it again. It had the the section blocks that you could click with the mouse, then it would have that section zoomed in to show little circles representing the seats.

I hate not finding stuff...the second time.

The same thing happened to me.

Both my wife were on different computers and logged in at exactly 12:00. I had my email address ready to be pasted in and I even practiced on exactly where to have my mouse for each screen so I could be that 1 millisecond ahead of the curve.

But when I (we) got in, we both got messages there were no tickets. This happened to both of us for around 5-6 tries and then rows 20-27 on the floor started popping up. We tossed those back and then the system would again say no tickets available.

This went on for about 7-8 more tries and then boom..out of nowhere I got offered Row 9. I was blown away! Since the system gives you a few minutes to checkout, my wife kept trying... just to see what it would offer us. She was pulling Rows 16 and worse but with seats way to the side. Very quickly those were gone and it was offering seats way in the back.

It's so weird and I don't know what to make of it. It's not like that Row 9 was offered when we first logged in. It was at least 5-8 minutes into the process.

I think there are a few things that might contribute to this phenomena:

1) Early on I just think the system is initially overwhelmed

2) I think brokers hold tickets for as long as possible and ty to get better ones. Once they do, they throw back the ones they had and they mysteriously pop up for sale

3) I think that much later in the process when a good set of tickets become available, it's due to someones' credit card getting declined and then the tickets get thrown back in the pool.

There are probably better reasons, but it's all I can come up with. confused13.gif

I'm pretty sure I saw something somewhere (don't remember where, sorry!) that showed 22 rows to floor sections A/B/C. If I were you, I'd call the venue to verify, though.

I don't know why these seating maps can't at least indicate row 1 and seat 1 and then whatever the last/max row and seat numbers are.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 1 2012, 08:18 AM)
QUOTE (mstmompj @ May 1 2012, 07:48 AM)
I attributed this miracle to the good karma of the novice ("Mom, is 4th row good?"  "Y-y-y-y-es, dear.")

rofl3.gif I would die. tongue.gif

I almost did! tongue.gif

I ended up taking him to lunch at DQ as a reward. (Moms. The *really* cheap date.)

I just called and they confirmed that there are 22 rows in the front A/B/C sections and the seat numbering starts on the right (as you are facing the stage).

Given that my Floor A seats are in row 21 and they are all the way on the right edge I would rather go with Floor D row 1 with seats towards the middle of the row. I also confirmed the gap between the front and rear sections so this will be a better view I hope.

See you there!

PS I now have 12 extra floor tix. z7shysterical.gif Will sell them to a fellow Rushian at cost. PM if interested.

Edited by ShowOfGlands