Time to rank the 3 songs we've heard

LeaveMyThingAlone

What's your favorite song of the 3 off Clockwork Angels?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite song of the 3 off Clockwork Angels?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Headlong Flight

Now that we've all had plenty of time to fully wear out Headlong Flight and get past the initial buzz of "this song is way better than 2112" and come back to reality on where it ranks, thought I'd throw this out there.

How do the 3 songs rank for you guys?

For me, I absolutely love HF, but I absolutely love Caravan and BU2B too...all 3 blow me away

1) BU2B-this one is slowly becoming an all time top 10 Rush song for me

2) Headlong Flight

3) Caravan

For me, #1 is easy, but it's a toss up between Caravan and HF for #2. They're kind of similar in their long instrumental breaks , but Headlong FLight is heavier and a little more straightforward, and Alex's solo wins by anudge over his solo in Caravan

Thoughts?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the songs are incredible, but Caravan is just unreal. I can't believe my ears when hearing that gorgeous masterpiece even after listening to it about 400 time by now. Had to go with Caravan, could be my all time favorite Rush tune, no lie. It rocks, it's progressive, has a sick jam and solo, great melodies, keyboards, EVERYTHING I could ever want in one Rush song.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 25 2012, 09:47 AM)
All the songs are incredible, but Caravan is just unreal. I can't believe my ears when hearing that gorgeous masterpiece even after listening to it about 400 time by now. Had to go with Caravan, could be my all time favorite Rush tune, no lie. It rocks, it's progressive, has a sick jam and solo, great melodies, keyboards, EVERYTHING I could ever want in one Rush song.

I love Caravan too and am afraid the re-record will not be as good.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 25 2012, 11:50 AM)

Why are you afraid of that? Pretty sure they didnt rewrite the song, and I seriously doubt it will sound much different than the original version.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 25 2012, 09:51 AM)

Why are you afraid of that? Pretty sure they didnt rewrite the song, and I seriously doubt it will sound much different than the original version.

because the original is perfect.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 25 2012, 11:55 AM)

You do understand they aren't rewriting the song, right? We're just about rerecording it here. It makes no difference since Im pretty sure it's the same 3 guys playing, and the same guys recording it.

People are weird sometimes.

confused13.gif

BU2B . Heaviest intro they have ever done

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 25 2012, 09:56 AM)

You do understand they aren't rewriting the song, right? We're just about rerecording it here. It makes no difference since Im pretty sure it's the same 3 guys playing, and the same guys recording it.

confused13.gif

I'm weird because I'm afraid it will sound different? the production on HF sounds different! For once can you stop being an argumentative troll?

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 25 2012, 10:02 AM)
Well said, Rushman!

goodpost.gif trink39.gif

thanks. his post pretty much proves he's not half as smart as he thinks he is. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 25 2012, 08:55 AM)

I feel the same way, and not just because it was the first single from the new album. The mix and production was perfect IMO. Its the closest mix to what they sound like live as a band, and you can feel that energy coming off of it as a result.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 25 2012, 12:08 PM)
Dude's like a crocodile at an alligator rally....

laugh.gif Every time i see that Family Guy episode i cry

I like all three songs, but for me they rank:

1. Headlong Flight

2. Caravan

3. BU2B

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 25 2012, 09:01 AM)

confused13.gif

I'm weird because I'm afraid it will sound different? the production on HF sounds different! For once can you stop being an argumentative troll?

So its not just me that thinks Headlong Flight sounds different, and not for the better...

QUOTE (rushbabe @ Apr 25 2012, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 25 2012, 09:01 AM)

confused13.gif

So its not just me that thinks Headlong Flight sounds different, and not for the better...

No, I think the production on Caravan is perfect. The production on HF sounds a bit harsh to me, which is why I expressed my concerns.