Opening song ideas!

RUSHandOSU

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ljr869 @ May 20 2012, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 21 2012, 07:48 PM)
Losing It.

Can you think of a worse opener?  I'll bet you can't. smile.gif

Roll the Bones

I think Roll The Bones would be a great opener! moon.gif At least it's got energy! It's got pizzazz! It's got spunk!

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 21 2012, 05:07 AM)
I think since nothing was played off RTB last tour that Dreamline has a good shot at being back in the set as the opener. I would really like to see Overture/Temples Of Syrinx open the show but i'm not sure if Geddy will be able to hit those high notes right at the start or if he needs to sing a few songs to get his voice warmed up to do it. That would sure be a great way to start the show and you would have the crowd going nuts right away.

For some reason I just keep thinking that Dreamline will be the opener.

Wow! No one has mentioned The Trees yet. I doubt they would leave out a song like that again. I'm counting on them playing it again, or at least the second leg like the S&A tour.

QUOTE (default236 @ May 21 2012, 10:07 AM)
I think since nothing was played off RTB last tour that Dreamline has a good shot at being back in the set as the opener. I would really like to see Overture/Temples Of Syrinx open the show but i'm not sure if Geddy will be able to hit those high notes right at the start or if he needs to sing a few songs to get his voice warmed up to do it. That would sure be a great way to start the show and you would have the crowd going nuts right away.

Wow! No one has mentioned The Trees yet. I doubt they would leave out a song like that again. I'm counting on them playing it again, or at least the second leg like the S&A tour.

I think many expect a repeat of the Counterparts tour where they played Hemipheres (Prelude) followed by Xanadu!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 21 2012, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (default236 @ May 21 2012, 10:07 AM)

I think many expect a repeat of the Counterparts tour where they played Hemipheres (Prelude) followed by Xanadu!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I love the Trees maybe my favorite Rush song. That being said it would make a terrible opener. I still hope they play it tho

QUOTE (RUSHandOSU @ Apr 20 2012, 08:58 PM)
I think if the whole signals thing is gonna happen i could see analog kid as the opening song what about you? limelight again..tom sawyer again.. spirit of radio??

Tom Sawyer, then Analog Kid...

O-oohhh, thematic.

Can you imagine if they would start off the show like this:

What ever opening video they they choose to start the show finishes and that first chord of bang....

Hemispheres (Prelude)

comes in!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 08:07 PM)
Can you imagine if they would start off the show like this:

What ever opening video they they choose to start the show finishes and that first chord of bang....

Hemispheres (Prelude)

comes in!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I would scream like a girly girl! ohmy.gif

The sad thing is there'd probably be a lot of casual fans there who'd have no idea what the hell they were listening to....

But they would grow to love it. 1022.gif

I think if the whole signals thing is gonna happen i could see analog kid as the opening song what about you? limelight again..tom sawyer again.. spirit of radio??

I remember when they opened with Force Ten and Big Money back in the day. But those songs didn't have the "get out of your seat and rock" quality of TSOR or TS. Limelight was a great opener as well.

Too bad Bastille day has been but on ice.

I could see them trying to force Far Cry on us. Please don't guys.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 22 2012, 08:16 PM)

I remember when they opened with Force Ten and Big Money back in the day. But those songs didn't have the "get out of your seat and rock" quality of TSOR or TS. Limelight was a great opener as well.

Too bad Bastille day has been but on ice.

I could see them trying to force Far Cry on us. Please don't guys.

Sorry I don't agree. I think Far Cry would be a great Opener. It screams Opener. I think its a better opener than a closer!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (gtbos @ May 23 2012, 12:29 PM)
FAR CRY with the fireworks and all guarenteed to get you going 1022.gif trink39.gif 2.gif

Far Cry .... Fireworks

Caravan.....Pyro Techniques

Dreamline..Lazers

That would be an awesome start to any set! Laying the foundation to the rest of the show!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Hemispheres Intro (instrumental), leading into Far Cry.

There. Discussion is OVAH..... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

Dreamline, Test for Echo, The Big Money or Far Cry get my vote. I'd like to see either one of them.

Now if they really wanted to slip us a big surprise, they open the show with the entire Signals album. Open with Subdivisions, and proceed from there. That would be a curveball right at the beginning of the show

I can see them doing the entire Clockwork Angels suite as set one and opening with Caravan, and then doing set two with classics like Jacob's Ladder, Losing It, and maybe a few other numbers with the orchestra, then excusing them and finishing with classics.

This seems to make more sense to me than doing older numbers first then bringing out the orchestra mid set, and leading into the newer material in the second set.