This is cool

Gompers

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 20 2012, 12:15 PM)
Yeah, to be fair...I think artists usually think highly of their newest material. Anything new usually sounds exciting and fresh to an artist, I imagine.

However, one thing I will say is that I'm happy to hear that they feel this way. I believe that as long as the boys continue to love what they do, and continue to be excited by what they are writing and how they are playing, it will hopefully keep them motivated to continue writing and touring!

That to me, is fantastic and encouraging!! 1022.gif

This

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Majestyk @ Apr 21 2012, 06:00 AM)
Geddy really put Roll the Bones in his top three? Yikes.

I think he once said that Roll the Bones was one of his three favorites from the 80s and 90s, but one of his three favorites ever? Not sure he has ever said that.

In regards to their new comment, I'll bet if the three had to come to a consensus right now, they'd call their three best Moving Pictures, Snakes & Arrows and Clockwork Angels.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:47 PM)
ALL Rush is top shelf for me, leave Nickleback for the bottom of the barrel... just sayin'...

+1

If that statement was coming from someone outside the band (say a close friend of theirs) then I would maybe consider believing it slightly but coming from the band themselves? Oh please! schla03.gif

As pointed out earlier, they said the same for TFE and well, I don't think many of us here would consider that one of the band's finer hours. I'm not predicting by any means that it's gonna be a bad album - I think all three of the songs released so far have been excellent. But let's not set expectations too high. I think this has a good chance of being the band's best album since Counterparts, but any further back than that? I personally have my doubts, though I hope the album will prove me wrong.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Apr 21 2012, 05:05 PM)
They've been saying this loooong before T4E.

goodpost.gif

I think I saw an interview once where Alex was giving high praise to the new album Hold Your Fire! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 21 2012, 07:05 PM)

goodpost.gif

I think I saw an interview once where Alex was giving high praise to the new album Hold Your Fire! laugh.gif

Rightfully so imo cool.gif

I remember Geddy saying that T4E was one of his favorites, along with Moving Pictures and Power Windows, but then he added the caveat, "Of course we always feel good about our new album", so even then it wasn't quite as concrete an endorsement as some are making it out to be in this thread.

At other times, I've heard him say that Moving Pictures, Power Windows, and 2112 are his top three.

RTB being one of his 3 favorites from the 80s and 90s would simply mean at the time it was MP, PoW, and RTB.

I never heard him say that about HYF (rather he said that they all were extremely proud of PoW, and it had been the album they'd been trying for with GUP and Signals, but afterwards they felt it needed more variety, which they went for with HYF).

QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ Apr 22 2012, 03:27 AM)

goodpost.gif

Exactly. Even considering the last two songs were lemons, the rest of the album is completely amazing. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 22 2012, 09:22 AM)

goodpost.gif

Exactly. Even considering the last two songs were lemons, the rest of the album is completely amazing. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

While we may have differing opinions about HyF, nothing after Signals even comes close to being "their best album yet".

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 22 2012, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 22 2012, 09:22 AM)

goodpost.gif

While we may have differing opinions about HyF, nothing after Signals even comes close to being "their best album yet".

Grace Under Pressure? Although that was only one album later...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 22 2012, 10:22 AM)

goodpost.gif

Well the point is that we know now that Alex hates that period because his guitars got pushed back, so it's ironic to see him lovin on HYF laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 20 2012, 09:09 AM)
I received an email from an old friend just now. I thought I'd pass on his words (removing names to protect the innocent):
Hey Rich!! It's nice to hear from you! All ok with me and I hope with you as well! My brother ----- actually told me about the new album "Clockwork Angels" to be released June 12 - he's already heard the whole thing courtesy of his friend Nick Raskulinecz. He told me the whole thing is amazing, and Nick told him that Neil, Alex and Geddy actually consider it one of the best three albums they've ever done :-)

One of the best three albums they've ever done!

...................they were right! 2.gif

For the words of the pro(phets) were written on the studio wall,

Concert hall

And echoes with the sounds (upsends me)

(my edit)

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 20 2012, 11:09 AM)
Nick told him that Neil, Alex and Geddy actually consider it one of the best three albums they've ever done.

I also think it's in their top five, or maybe top three.

But the band saying so wouldn't have meant anything to me, pre-release. Geddy's two other picks could be Roll the Bones and Snakes & Arrows, two albums I didn't particularly care for. laugh.gif