RUSH VIP Package Info

Godeater2112

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the VIP thing for Time Machine, and although the seats were excellent, that was the only excellent thing about it. The shirt was crap, the poster was crap, the guitar picks were pointless. It did save me the trouble of buying and carrying around the tourbook at the show. The package this time has more stuff in it, I'll grant them that.

I have to think long and hard about doing it again. It was $350 last time.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 19 2012, 08:30 AM)
I did the VIP thing for Time Machine, and although the seats were excellent, that was the only excellent thing about it. The shirt was crap, the poster was crap, the guitar picks were pointless. It did save me the trouble of buying and carrying around the tourbook at the show. The package this time has more stuff in it, I'll grant them that.

I have to think long and hard about doing it again. It was $350 last time.

I did it last time too. In my opinion it was well worth having such great seats for that price, instead of being screwed over by dirty scalper/resellers.

All the swag, and I agree it left a lot to be desired, was merely a bonus!

2.gif

These packages should be done away with. I am going to shell out all that cash to get a ticket in the first 15 rows ? Live Nation/ Ticketmaster blows

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 19 2012, 06:37 AM)
Weren't there other issues with the VIP packages though? The tickets came late? Other hangups?

Please share - I am considering this but damn money is tight...

IIRC, people got their tickets on time, but the problem was that the packages themselves, the t-shirts, posters, etc., got to some people quite late. I got mine on time. Others were not so lucky, but it wasn't *that* common. Again, IIRC.

FYI, a friend and I got the VIP tickets last time and got like 13th row center. And then another friend (who didn't want to pony up for the VIP thing) got 15th row center, only two rows behind us, on TM. So, getting great seats is still possible without the VIP thing.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 19 2012, 05:55 AM)
These packages should be done away with. I am going to shell out all that cash to get a ticket in the first 15 rows ? Live Nation/ Ticketmaster blows

^^ hate Ticketmaster!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 19 2012, 05:37 AM)
Weren't there other issues with the VIP packages though? The tickets came late? Other hangups?

Please share - I am considering this but damn money is tight...

We did the VIP thing for both Vegas shows on the Time Machine tour, but it was different. It was from the main Ticketmaster site, not VIP Nation. You got to see your exact seats before buying. Last show we were 4th row center. There were no problems at all with our packages.

I have done the VIP thing for Roger Waters too, but again you got to choose your seat (2nd row center). For Waters we got a pre-show party which was pretty cool.

The whole "first 15 rows" thing irritates me. Sell me a seat. A seat with a row and a number. However, my friend and I have jumped into the VIP Nation system for Van Halen, but our show is not until June, so I can't say how it works yet.

I think we will probably go with the ticketmaster platinum option this time. I don't need the cheesy swag again. It is still cheaper than scalpers, plus the band gets their fair cut.

I'm thinking about going the VIP route this year but I'm not entirely sure. This will be my 3rd show ever and I really want to have good seats as I don't have many options to see them. I'm not adverse to shelling out some cash for tickets but I want to know what seats I am getting if I do the VIP thing. I know the fan presales have some pretty good seats and prices too. I'm just not sure.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Apr 19 2012, 09:14 AM)
I'm thinking about going the VIP route this year but I'm not entirely sure. This will be my 3rd show ever and I really want to have good seats as I don't have many options to see them. I'm not adverse to shelling out some cash for tickets but I want to know what seats I am getting if I do the VIP thing. I know the fan presales have some pretty good seats and prices too. I'm just not sure.

The VIP Packages don't work like that. You get a range of possible seats (usually rows 1-15), but you don't find out where you are until you get to the venue.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 19 2012, 11:33 AM)

The VIP Packages don't work like that. You get a range of possible seats (usually rows 1-15), but you don't find out where you are until you get to the venue.

Yeah that really sucks sad.gif I would really like to know where I would be sitting.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Apr 19 2012, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 19 2012, 11:33 AM)

Yeah that really sucks sad.gif I would really like to know where I would be sitting.

You could try the Platinum option from Ticketmaster.

Expensive, but you can choose your seat. They usually have really good ones there.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 19 2012, 10:33 AM)

That's not the way it worked here in Houston. I got my tickets in the mail shortly after I ordered them, seat assignments and all.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 19 2012, 12:58 PM)

That's not the way it worked here in Houston. I got my tickets in the mail shortly after I ordered them, seat assignments and all.

They're using VIP Nation this time around, it's not through TM like it was on the TMT tour.

In Philly *Camden) we got to choose seats, just like the rest of the place, except a high price. The guitar picks fall out of the holder too.

I did VIP in Camden on the 2010 TM tour. The seat was right there on the screen before I bought it, so I knew exactly what I was getting (4th row 1022.gif )

What I'm wondering is, when they say "in the first 15 rows", does that mean the first 15 rows are all just VIP or only a certain amount? Do any of us even have a shot at getting that close without having to spend $1,000,000? banghead.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 19 2012, 10:10 AM)

They're using VIP Nation this time around, it's not through TM like it was on the TMT tour.

Exactly.

Last tour it was all done through Ticketmaster. You could pick your exact seats.

VIP Nation does not allow that. You get a range of possible seats.

I think we will probably go with the ticketmaster platinum option this time. I don't need the cheesy swag again. It is still cheaper than scalpers, plus the band gets their fair cut.

When do the platinum seats go on sale through TM? Same time as public sale, pre-sale, or when?

Thanks in advance.

In my experience, the Platinum seats can go on sale anytime after the public sale starts. Sometimes it's an hour or two later. Sometimes it's a day later. It seems to vary.

I would just bookmark your show's Ticketmaster page and keep checking starting on the day of the public sale. There will be a tab on the main page when they are available.

Here's an example of what it will look like:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00475F...01&minorcatid=1

Assuming of course that Rush is having a Platinum seating option this tour. Some artists don't.