Clockwork Angels - Track Running Times

Snaked

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 12 2012, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 12 2012, 10:15 AM)
Wasn't one cut supposed to be pushing double digits?  I thought I read that somewhere.

I figured it out.....

The 10-minute epic is the secret hidden 13th track at the end of the album.

Thus the album is now between 76 and 77 minutes.

And everyone's happy. biggrin.gif

Nah.. It will only be included on the Japanese version.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 12 2012, 10:08 AM)
No real long songs like I expected.

Really? If you were expecting a 20-minute "Hemispheres" or "2112"-like epic, then yeah, you're going to be disappointed. But there was no indication that there would be such an epic in this album, or even anything over 10:00.

3. Clockwork Angels (7:31)

4. The Anarchist (6:52)

7. Seven Cities Of Gold (6:32)

9. Headlong Flight (7:20)

12. The Garden (6:59)

Those five songs are pretty beefy. It's been a long time since we've had five songs of that length on one album. That's a good thing, yes?

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 12 2012, 09:19 AM)
They might be stealing a page from Tool....... Putting in short periods of strange sounds in between songs...... Just to add to the mystique...... tongue.gif

Alex has been on record more than a few times that he's a big fan of Tool so you might be on to something.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 12 2012, 06:59 AM)
Cool!

This puts to rest any crazy conjecture some of us had yesterday that this might be a double album!

Make no mistake, even though it will all be on one disc, this, like the two albums that went before it, IS A DOUBLE ALBUM.

Considering albums were 30-40 minutes in the olden days, a 65 minute plus album is a double album the way I see it. This of course is great if you love the album, but usually means there will be filler. Making a great, completely consistent double album was almost impossible to do in the 70's. Just because making a really long album is expected these days doesn't change that.

Anyway, I'm still hopeful for 2 or 3 great songs. If the Rush Gods smile upon me greatly, maybe we'll get even more than that. Just hurry up and release the damn thing, already!

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 12 2012, 07:29 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 12 2012, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 12 2012, 09:06 AM)
Oh and if the CA Suite is still just 5 songs I suppose that puts the CA Suite at 30:05. If it all flows together then it could very much be like the old extended tracks.

If the CA suite is just 5 songs why are there 7 songs between the two BU2B2s?

It has to be a concept album, there is no way it's not. Unless they pulled a Tool and want us to rearrange the tracks somehow.

Based on what we know of the concept and now the track list, I'd say there's a more than fair shot it's one concept all the way through.

1. Caravan(5:40)........................We know

2. BU2B(5:10).............................We Know

3. Clockwork Angels(7:31)........Epic (Many Changes No Doubt)

4. The Anarchist(6:52)..............Heavy like Metal (like the Necromancer)

5. Carnies(4:52)........................Still Unsure (Strange break in 3/4 time)

6. Halo Effect(3:14)...................Instrumental

7. Seven Cities Of Gold(6:32)....Slower Song With Strings

8. The Wreckers(5:01)..............Very Heavy and Metal like a Wrecking Ball

9. Headlong Flight(7:20)...........Heavy and Epic

10. BU2B2(1:28)........................Acoustic instrumental

11. Wish Them Well(5:25).........Slower and Majestic like end of Mission

12. The Garden(6:59)................like Lake Side Park but with much Strings

Regardless its going to be Epic!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 12 2012, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 12 2012, 07:29 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 12 2012, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 12 2012, 09:06 AM)
Oh and if the CA Suite is still just 5 songs I suppose that puts the CA Suite at 30:05. If it all flows together then it could very much be like the old extended tracks.

If the CA suite is just 5 songs why are there 7 songs between the two BU2B2s?

It has to be a concept album, there is no way it's not. Unless they pulled a Tool and want us to rearrange the tracks somehow.

Based on what we know of the concept and now the track list, I'd say there's a more than fair shot it's one concept all the way through.

The Only way I can see the Suite being shorter that the entire album would be if it ended at Seven cities of Gold. However the rest of the titles fall right in line with the concept. I feel its an entire concept album!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 12 2012, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 12 2012, 10:08 AM)
No real long songs like I expected.

Really? If you were expecting a 20-minute "Hemispheres" or "2112"-like epic, then yeah, you're going to be disappointed. But there was no indication that there would be such an epic in this album, or even anything over 10:00.

3. Clockwork Angels (7:31)

4. The Anarchist (6:52)

7. Seven Cities Of Gold (6:32)

9. Headlong Flight (7:20)

12. The Garden (6:59)

Those five songs are pretty beefy. It's been a long time since we've had five songs of that length on one album. That's a good thing, yes?

I agree with 1001001! Keep your expectations reasonable. I'm thrilled about the length of these tracks, which will hopefully translate to killer music!

QUOTE (Natural.Science @ Apr 12 2012, 11:04 AM)
The album is exactly 66:04 minutes long.

That means this is the second longest album Rush ever made! After Vapor Trails (which is 1 minute longer).

biggrin.gif

Yeah but unlike VT this is going to kick srerious @ss!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 12 2012, 11:09 AM)

That means this is the second longest album Rush ever made! After Vapor Trails (which is 1 minute longer).

biggrin.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

VT would have kicked a lot more @ss and chomped some off too if the production was cleaner.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Apr 12 2012, 11:11 AM)

biggrin.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

VT would have kicked a lot more @ss and chomped some off too if the production was cleaner.

I agree 100 % with that statement!

I'd wish 2.gif would allow Nick or Terry would just remix the thing already! Throw us a bone on that one!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 12 2012, 12:26 PM)

biggrin.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I'd wish 2.gif would allow Nick or Terry would just remix the thing already! Throw us a bone on that one!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Remixing wont help VT, it was recorded too hot.

Has nothing to do with the mix or subsequent mastering.. the original tracks were improperly recorded.... which is a shame. I love the songs, but the production is absolutely horrid.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 12 2012, 11:29 AM)

biggrin.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Has nothing to do with the mix or subsequent mastering.. the original tracks were improperly recorded.... which is a shame. I love the songs, but the production is absolutely horrid.

Uh. Two tracks have already been remixed and regardless of whether one actually likes the remixes they definitely sound very clean in comparison to the originals. A good remixing of the entire album is definitely possible. Don't pretend you know anything.

Who cares if there is not a ten minute song? There are basically five tracks that are around seven minutes. Seven minutes is pretty epic to me. Wasn't Jacob's Ladder in that range? If these songs flow together it might be like one sixty six minute song. Rush are probably doing their first ever full record concept album and we still get compaining? confused13.gif
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 12 2012, 09:19 AM)
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but what is the deal around here with starting new threads? Do you get points for that, or something? The tracklist was posted in two other existing threads that related to the track length almost an hour before this thread was started. Is it necessary to clog up the forum with as many new threads as possible?

It's really odd to me. When I posted the tracklist before, I wasn't sure if it had already been reported, so I spent just a few minutes checking other threads and even did a search to make sure. Am I the only one that does that?

I enjoy visiting these forums and discussing all things Rush, but HOLY CRAP it takes forEVER to sort through redundant threads.

The threads being started on here border on the absurd to ridiculous

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Apr 12 2012, 01:44 PM)
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but what is the deal around here with starting new threads? Do you get points for that, or something?  The tracklist was posted in two other existing threads that related to the track length almost an hour before this thread was started.  Is it necessary to clog up the forum with as many new threads as possible?

It's really odd to me.  When I posted the tracklist before, I wasn't sure if it had already been reported, so I spent just a few minutes checking other threads and even did a search to make sure.  Am I the only one that does that?

I enjoy visiting these forums and discussing all things Rush, but HOLY CRAP it takes forEVER to sort through redundant threads.

Can someone please show me the two threads besides this one that deal with the track running times? Links, please.

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Apr 12 2012, 12:44 PM)
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but what is the deal around here with starting new threads? Do you get points for that, or something?  The tracklist was posted in two other existing threads that related to the track length almost an hour before this thread was started.  Is it necessary to clog up the forum with as many new threads as possible?

It's really odd to me.  When I posted the tracklist before, I wasn't sure if it had already been reported, so I spent just a few minutes checking other threads and even did a search to make sure.  Am I the only one that does that?

I was going to start a "Rate the Track Names" thread. Thanks for discouraging me....

• Like 1

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Apr 12 2012, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 12 2012, 11:29 AM)

biggrin.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Uh. Two tracks have already been remixed and regardless of whether one actually likes the remixes they definitely sound very clean in comparison to the originals. A good remixing of the entire album is definitely possible. Don't pretend you know anything.

waffen093.gif

pokey.gif

bitchslap.gif

popcorn.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 12 2012, 12:33 PM)
Who cares if there is not a ten minute song? There are basically five tracks that are around seven minutes. Seven minutes is pretty epic to me. Wasn't Jacob's Ladder in that range? If these songs flow together it might be like one sixty six minute song. Rush are probably doing their first ever full record concept album and we still get compaining? confused13.gif

Yup, five tracks in the ballpark of JL (7:28) and what appears to be a full album-length sci-fi epic, and people still whine. confused13.gif facepalm.gif

Worst of all is going to be the constant whining about the religion theme of CA from a few members here, because I'm pretty sure BU2B2 is not going to be about the hero becoming born again. no.gif tongue.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated