Vapor Trails official remix?

CrossedSignals

As far as I can tell, Rush announced a little over a year ago that a Vapor Trails remix is in the works.

Does anyone know if this has been released? / Is there any more news on it?

Do I just suck at Google searching?

I just got Retrospective III and the One Little Victory / Earthshine remixes sound great! I wanna hear the whole album like that!

Not yet confused13.gif

I have the 2 remixes, also - I do like them better.

Edited by HowItIs

Every now and then some dedicated fan comes up with his/her idea of a remastered version. I've got one from a Brazilian fan made in 2009, and sounds awesome. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

That being said, if the person doing the remix has access to the master tapes, the results could be MUCH better...it's about time they released this, and I'm sure a bunch of songs from VT will stand out more and benefit from a proper/official remix.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 10 2012, 11:19 AM)
Every now and then some dedicated fan comes up with his/her idea of a remastered version. I've got one from a Brazilian fan made in 2009, and sounds awesome. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

That being said, if the person doing the remix has access to the master tapes, the results could be MUCH better...it's about time they released this, and I'm sure a bunch of songs from VT will stand out more and benefit from a proper/official remix.

Yeah, I've heard about the fan remixes... may as well give 'em a listen.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 10 2012, 12:35 PM)
You'd think to commemorate the 10th anniversary at least. wink.gif

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. What better time than now? Maybe it's on its way this year.... drool1.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 10 2012, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 10 2012, 12:35 PM)
You'd think to commemorate the 10th anniversary at least.  wink.gif

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. What better time than now? Maybe it's on its way this year.... drool1.gif

Funny enough, I was listening to Earthshine remix today on my way to work. It's amazing how much better it sounds after being treated. In the unnoficial remix I have, Vapor Trail, Nocturne, Freeze and Peaceable Kingdom are the ones that stood out for me. I would pay good money for an official remix any day!

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 10 2012, 11:19 AM)
Every now and then some dedicated fan comes up with his/her idea of a remastered version. I've got one from a Brazilian fan made in 2009, and sounds awesome.  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Hi, friends. I am that brazilian guy who "restored" the VT. Actually i have worked on the version 3.0. The dynamic range and the high frequences are improved. The result is an album more confortable to my ears (my personal taste). I don't know the rules of this forum, but I can post the link here to download?

I posted some songs from this actual version on Youtube, but copyright blocked the content in all USA.

Sorry my poor English. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

user posted image

Edited by brunosamppa

QUOTE (The Big Money @ Apr 14 2012, 02:58 PM)
Remixing the album won't make the songs any better...

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (The Big Money @ Apr 14 2012, 01:58 PM)

More than 60% of the people on this board rate VT 7/10 or better. Complain all you like about the songs, the majority of people here disagree with you (which is fine, you're entitled to your opinion of course).

Source:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=72742

QUOTE (The Big Money @ Apr 14 2012, 02:58 PM)

AFAIC it may not be the best of their catalog, but I think by and large its a rockin album. The songs that have been remixed sound great and Im lookin forward to the full remix. AlexFinal.gif