I can learn to resist...

Snaked

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 7 2012, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 7 2012, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 7 2012, 03:09 AM)
That's the best of the bunch so far.

Because it looks like a pro did it, like Hugh Syme. That's great looking artwork. High concept, well executed, does not look like amateur Photoshop work.

Very easy to see the difference between what's made by fans and what's made by great artists.

Check out this guys work. I hope people can see what Im talking about when I was trashing those other covers people were posting. Those look like Photoshop class projects. This guy Jacques though is a guy who lives in Africa and paints these things for kings and queens. I contacted him a while back. You want one of these custom painted for you and it's going to cost you about 100k.

http://jacquesresch.com/

I doubt RUSH will be paying Hugh 100k...

To create multiple pieces of custom artwork for them? Working in the art field and I can tell you 100k is a little low for multiple custom designs from someone always highly sought after.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 8 2012, 07:41 AM)

Because it looks like a pro did it, like Hugh Syme. That's great looking artwork. High concept, well executed, does not look like amateur Photoshop work.

Very easy to see the difference between what's made by fans and what's made by great artists.

Check out this guys work. I hope people can see what Im talking about when I was trashing those other covers people were posting. Those look like Photoshop class projects. This guy Jacques though is a guy who lives in Africa and paints these things for kings and queens. I contacted him a while back. You want one of these custom painted for you and it's going to cost you about 100k.

To create multiple pieces of custom artwork for them? Working in the art field and I can tell you 100k is a little low for multiple custom designs from someone always highly sought after.

Very interesting work!

I don't think $100K would be out of line for art work for an album, especially if its not just a cover, but custom work for all the songs...

The price of art is a funny thing. But recognized good art is very, very expensive. And art is not "replaceable" like a Porsche, a house, or even a diamond, which often makes it even more valuable.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 8 2012, 06:41 AM)

Well RUSH will probably get less than 100k from album sale profits, what with paying the producer, the engineers, the studio, the mastering company, Roadrunner etc. No wonder they only make an album every 5 years...

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 7 2012, 07:23 AM)
Hatchett - nice avi.
Thats my favorite CD right now.

For those that dont know it's Flying Colors
The Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Steve Morse (among others) project which was produced by Peter Collins smile.gif

Mine's still in it's wrapper...

wacko.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 8 2012, 10:41 AM)
Hatchett - nice avi.

The Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Steve Morse (among others) project which was produced by Peter Collins smile.gif

wacko.gif laugh.gif

sounds like a personal problem to me tongue.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 8 2012, 09:42 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 8 2012, 10:41 AM)
Hatchett - nice avi.

wacko.gif laugh.gif

sounds like a personal problem to me tongue.gif

I'll get around to it...

wink.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 7 2012, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 7 2012, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 7 2012, 08:16 PM)
The outer ring are the images used on the Caravan cover. What are the next two rings? All I can make out is the skull and crossbones.

let's see

sun/moon in the center...

the next ring out is four quadrants

(I see water, clouds, what looks like a swirling vortex and... a mountain range?)

so:

Earth/Wind/Fire/Water

Ah, the basic elements. What's in the next ring, the one with the skull & crossbones?

And, why was the image taken down again? GW, you obviously saved it for your mock up. Can you post the unedited version again?

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 9 2012, 08:26 AM)
Dammit...the one day I'm off the TRF, and now the pic is gone! rage.gif

Glad to hear it sounds great though! 1022.gif

Look one page back, there's a black & white version that got mocked up into a fake CA cover, complete with track list. It lost a lot of the fine detail when it got converted to B/W, and the "back" is mostly blurred out, but you can get the feel of it.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Apr 7 2012, 11:39 PM)
I 'know a guy' close to the source that says Hugh and the band have been all over the 'retro' thing (i.e. the 'Signals' art on the proposed tourbook, etc)

sent me this 100% unofficial mock-up that's been being 'passed around':

http://i.imgur.com/ouJAY.jpg

maybe!? confused13.gif

Totally Perm Waves.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 7 2012, 01:53 AM)
I figured since the partial image was out on another site I'd post a link to the whole thing.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/Clockwork_Angel2112/oopsie/CaravanSong1.jpg

So this image no longer exists at the given address. Anyone have a new link?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 9 2012, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 9 2012, 08:26 AM)
Dammit...the one day I'm off the TRF, and now the pic is gone! rage.gif

Glad to hear it sounds great though!  1022.gif

Look one page back, there's a black & white version that got mocked up into a fake CA cover, complete with track list. It lost a lot of the fine detail when it got converted to B/W, and the "back" is mostly blurred out, but you can get the feel of it.

Oh...so it's just the PeW rip-off cover.

If that's the case...then no way do I see this as the cover. I really hope it's not anyways.

Using the "waves" text to spell out 'Clockwork Angels' quite simply makes no sense. I love the idea of the pictures, but laying it out like PeW would always make it look like a complete rip-off.

Rush.com has not updated anything on the website, despite the fact they have a new album coming out in . . . well, sometime soon, I think. And, a single may or may not hit radio sometime in the next couple weeks. Their last album came out 5 years ago, so I guess I'm crazy for thinking there'd be some sort of official non-secret promotion by Anthem or Roadrunner. But, whatever.

Anyway, how about Snaked or somebody leaking out another image?

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 9 2012, 10:54 AM)
I'm also very curious as to why we haven't received any official news from Rush.com. They should say something, especially since everyone is starting to get all these crazy ideas and some spreading ridiculous rumors around.

I'm sure all that (album details, etc.) will be put up on April 19th.

UPDATE - 4/5@7:59PM: Almost forgot! DJ_Carter also learned that the official tour announcement should be coming the same day as the radio release on April 19th.

http://www.rushisaband.com/

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 9 2012, 10:54 AM)
I'm also very curious as to why we haven't received any official news from Rush.com. They should say something, especially since everyone is starting to get all these crazy ideas and some spreading ridiculous rumors around.

Why would they care if crazy rumors were starting to fly around? People are talking about Rush en masse for the first time since the last album. You need only look at the activity around here to see that. If it weren't for the rumors, the activity level at TRF would be the same as it was two months ago. Roadrunner is counting on getting people excited, and whether we agree with it or not (due to our own impatience), it's working.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 9 2012, 09:58 AM)
I 'know a guy' close to the source that says Hugh and the band have been all over the 'retro' thing (i.e. the 'Signals' art on the proposed tourbook, etc)

maybe!? confused13.gif

Totally Perm Waves.

So does this mean they will be playing all of Signals & PeW on the next tour? Wasn't Headlong Flight reported to be 7:30 not 7:09? I think the guys or someone is F@cking with us!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 9 2012, 06:46 PM)

maybe!? confused13.gif

Totally Perm Waves.

So does this mean they will be playing all of Signals & PeW on the next tour? I think the guys are F@cking with us!

You actually think that this has anything to do with Rush, Anthem or Roadrunner?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 9 2012, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 9 2012, 06:46 PM)

maybe!? confused13.gif

Totally Perm Waves.

So does this mean they will be playing all of Signals & PeW on the next tour? I think the guys are F@cking with us!

You actually think that this has anything to do with Rush, Anthem or Roadrunner?

laugh.gif

There is no such thing as Rush.