When Do We Get A Release Date And Track Listing?

presto123

When Do We Get A Release Date And Track Listing?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. When Do We Get A Release Date And Track Listing?

• before the single is released
    • after the single is released
    • the day before the record comes out
    • after the record comes out

Still no official release date though we all assume it is May, 29. Still no track listing either. When will Roadrunner take the lid off and give us Something? Hey Rush. Would it hurt to post a little info on your site from time to time? tongue.gif

I post this in good fun. I wonder how long the band can hold out before they HAVE to update their web page with something. confused13.gif

Edited by presto123

I believe that everything will start happening on April 19. The single will be released, amazon will display sound bites of every song, along with the track listing, Rush.com will update their website, and We will all take a deep breath while we enjoy the genius of "Headlong Flight"

followed by:

"Depends" stock rising since due to RUSH fans running to the their local pharmacy to stem the excessive wetting of clothing brought on by Alex's awesome lead!

trink39.gif

I would rather wait until i have the c.d. in my hands, like the good ol days

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 08:52 AM)

If it were the good ole days we wouldn't have been introduced to neither caravn or Bu2B yet!

1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 2 2012, 08:55 AM)

If it were the good ole days we wouldn't have been introduced to neither caravn or Bu2B yet!

1022.gif 1022.gif

Rush pre-released Xanadu in early 1977... as they did in 2010 with Caravan/BU2B wink.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 3 2012, 09:50 AM)
The photo did NOT come from rush.com
That being said.. I think today is going to be fairly interesting.

Are you speaking from a personal perspective or a Rush perspective. You don't seem like a kidder. Do I need popcorn?

popcorn.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Apr 3 2012, 10:00 AM)

1022.gif 1022.gif

Rush pre-released Xanadu in early 1977... as they did in 2010 with Caravan/BU2B wink.gif

A year before the fact, really? Was Xanadu recorded Live before it even showed up on the album? I don't think so!

no.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 3 2012, 08:50 AM)

What? What do you mean by today will be interesting?

By the way, I just found another quote/description in a couple different places for those that are interested. These are getting posted on various threads so I hope I'm not repeating another post:

"Just heard "Headlong Flight!'(radio edit) I got to sit in with the label rep and program director of a certain rock radio station.

It's heavy! Reminded me of parts of Bastille Day. BTW, the production sounds much different than the Caravan and BU2B single releases (or S&A for that matter). It's crunchier and is more reminiscent of modern hard rock records. The originals would not fit in terms of production continuity with the new track.

Anticipation ensues...

Don't know what was cut since I've only heard the 5 and some minute version. One listen is not enough to judge a Rush song. I will say it was more 'accessible' than Caravan right off the rip.

Definitely sounded like old Rush riffs but with their heaviest sound yet. If I remember correctly, there was even flanger on some drums fills - old school!"

Obviously, if the new songs sounds (in pure sonic character) substantially different than BU2B and Caravan it would lend credence to them being re-recorded. I just don't know what "crunchier" means to this person. As "crunchy" as the two previous songs sound already and with his additional comment that it's "more reminiscent of modern hard rock records" I'm starting to worry about Vapor Trails part 2 in terms of sound quality. I love the way BU2B and Caravan sound. Almost all rock records have been too loud for a long time but judged in modern relative terms I love the production of BU2B and Caravan. This is concerning to me. Maybe he (or she) didn't mean what I understood it to mean.

Otherwise it sounds like more confirmation of a heavy/riffy song and this was only the short version.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 3 2012, 11:26 AM)

Are you speaking from a personal perspective or a Rush perspective. You don't seem like a kidder. Do I need popcorn?

popcorn.gif

talking from knowledge of whats coming down the pike.

it's just a matter of time before *some* will be revealed

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 3 2012, 10:28 AM)

popcorn.gif

oh, i think I gotcha wink.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 3 2012, 09:28 AM)

1022.gif 1022.gif

A year before the fact, really? Was Xanadu recorded Live before it even showed up on the album? I don't think so!

no.gif

Here's Xanadu and you can hear Geddy say that it will be on the next album:

A lot of other Rush songs got played live before they were recorded in the studio.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 3 2012, 09:28 AM)

popcorn.gif

I'm sure it IS just a matter of time. I'm not sure why that time has to be today though unless you have some inside info. Which, of course, maybe you do. wink.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 3 2012, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 3 2012, 08:50 AM)

What? What do you mean by today will be interesting?

By the way, I just found another quote/description in a couple different places for those that are interested. These are getting posted on various threads so I hope I'm not repeating another post:

"Just heard "Headlong Flight!'(radio edit) I got to sit in with the label rep and program director of a certain rock radio station.

It's heavy! Reminded me of parts of Bastille Day. BTW, the production sounds much different than the Caravan and BU2B single releases (or S&A for that matter). It's crunchier and is more reminiscent of modern hard rock records. The originals would not fit in terms of production continuity with the new track.

Anticipation ensues...

Don't know what was cut since I've only heard the 5 and some minute version. One listen is not enough to judge a Rush song. I will say it was more 'accessible' than Caravan right off the rip.

Definitely sounded like old Rush riffs but with their heaviest sound yet. If I remember correctly, there was even flanger on some drums fills - old school!"

Obviously, if the new songs sounds (in pure sonic character) substantially different than BU2B and Caravan it would lend credence to them being re-recorded. I just don't know what "crunchier" means to this person. As "crunchy" as the two previous songs sound already and with his additional comment that it's "more reminiscent of modern hard rock records" I'm starting to worry about Vapor Trails part 2 in terms of sound quality. I love the way BU2B and Caravan sound. Almost all rock records have been too loud for a long time but judged in modern relative terms I love the production of BU2B and Caravan. This is concerning to me. Maybe he (or she) didn't mean what I understood it to mean.

Otherwise it sounds like more confirmation of a heavy/riffy song and this was only the short version.

Well Nick had recorded Alice In Chains's last album prior to RUSH or During not exactly sure. Anyway that album is much more Crunchier that Caravan and BU2B yet still very clean and audible nothing like VT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx1my01460c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHKyT5SsoH8&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uO8PSwSRnw&feature=related

This Modern sound is what I think he ment! Of course i dont want RUSH to sound like Alice in Chain, I just think it will sound heavier along the lines of a modern cleaner sound! Like the tracks above!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 3 2012, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 3 2012, 09:28 AM)

1022.gif 1022.gif

no.gif

Here's Xanadu and you can hear Geddy say that it will be on the next album:

A lot of other Rush songs got played live before they were recorded in the studio.

Oh, officially recorded? No, of course not.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 3 2012, 11:41 AM)

popcorn.gif

I'm sure it IS just a matter of time. I'm not sure why that time has to be today though unless you have some inside info. Which, of course, maybe you do. wink.gif

I said today for a reason wink.gif

Waiting to see if it comes from another source or if I have to take the blame.

*laughs*

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 3 2012, 09:43 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 3 2012, 11:41 AM)

popcorn.gif

I said today for a reason wink.gif

Waiting to see if it comes from another source or if I have to take the blame.

*laughs*

I'll take your word for it, thanks man! smile.gif