More hype than ....

druid13

Music...?

Wow I really did not think that the listening party thing could have possibly been a complete work of fiction but it appears maybe it was. An elaborate one at that.

Somehow worried that the hype is going to be bigger than the actual musical work once it arrives....

I remember the old days no hype...album appears out of nowhere...BOOM...you digest it....it was fun.

Now its endless debates before, during, and after a release...

then there will be "teaser" photos of Neils new set which will amount to extreme close ups of some bronze colored DW turret lug revealing essentially nothing.

Oh well....

I have to believe this listening party thing was bogus...someone would have tweeted or blogged or something by now.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 28 2012, 09:06 AM)
Music...?

Wow I really did not think that the listening party thing could have possibly been a complete work of fiction but it appears maybe it was. An elaborate one at that.

Somehow worried that the hype is going to be bigger than the actual musical work once it arrives....

I remember the old days no hype...album appears out of nowhere...BOOM...you digest it....it was fun.

then there will be "teaser" photos of Neils new set which will amount to extreme close ups of some bronze colored DW turret lug revealing essentially nothing.

Oh well....

I have to believe this listening party thing was bogus...someone would have tweeted or blogged or something by now.

Unless they are actually following non-disclosure requests z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 28 2012, 08:11 AM)
Music...?

Oh well....

Unless they are actually following non-disclosure requests z7shysterical.gif

This.

Music...?

Oh well....

Just because we didnt hear about it doesnt mean it didnt happen. Those things are locked door events. They are for insiders with the band and their label. It's not for media, it's not for Rush fansites, so there's no reason to assume we would have heard anything about it.

If we did, great, but you cant expect to get all kinds of new info from something not intended for the public. If it happened it was just to let the execs hear the final album, let them choose a single, since that's not up to the band, that sort of thing.

Edited by trenken

It's the Music Business , The Land Of Hype And Glory

Music...?

Oh well....

I believe you could solve your problem by not visiting any Rush sites for the next month or two.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 28 2012, 09:16 AM)
It's the Music Business , The Land Of Hype And Glory

That's why I stick to software development.... land of long hours and little recognition eh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 28 2012, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 28 2012, 09:16 AM)
It's the Music Business  , The Land Of Hype And Glory

That's why I stick to software development.... land of long hours and little recognition eh.gif

Then here's to You trink39.gif

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 28 2012, 08:06 AM)
Music...?

Oh well....

The hype you're describing is from other fans and rumors and stuff, the band has no control over that so to suggest they can't live up to the hype seems a little unfair. It wasn't the band or marketing people that told us about the alleged listening party nor have they even said anything about so much as a release date. That's all from third party sources. Speculation and rumor is not really hype to me. There hasn't been an update from the label, the band, or even Rich Chyckie about the album since the end of last year, if anything that's anti-hype.

hey I never stated where the hype was coming from really....just that its gone overboard.

In some ways it is impossible to beat the hype anymore

In the old days you heard nothing ahead of time plus lets face it we were all younger and more impressionable...

now its months (years?) of talk with a larger library of music heard by ALL of us since our younger years...

tougher for things to be 'fresh' is all.

this is why going into the Dark Knight for example I paid NO ATTENTION to any hype and read nothing...and guess what?? I loved that movie.

Same reason I won't read ANYTHING about Dark Knight Rises even though much of it was filmed in my hometown of Pittsburgh.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 28 2012, 01:42 PM)
hey I never stated where the hype was coming from really....just that its gone overboard.

In the old days you heard nothing ahead of time plus lets face it we were all younger and more impressionable...

now its months (years?) of talk with a larger library of music heard by ALL of us since our younger years...

this is why going into the Dark Knight for example I paid NO ATTENTION to any hype and read nothing...and guess what?? I loved that movie.

Same reason I won't read ANYTHING about Dark Knight Rises even though much of it was filmed in my hometown of Pittsburgh.

GO PITTSBURGH!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 28 2012, 02:42 PM)

So don't read anything about CA. Problem solved. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Mar 28 2012, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 28 2012, 02:42 PM)

So don't read anything about CA. Problem solved. confused13.gif

In the old days you couldn't voice your thoughts about it either! So let us rant and rave and sweat and go overboard if thats what we need to do to get to out fix!

RUSH is a drug! And we are all Addicts!

yes.gif