The Alien Thread

Nate2112

I just watched this episode of "Ancient Aliens" and they were saying that Aliens or the Greys are actually time travelers and that the Aliens created Adam And Eve and the Aliens are actually God!

I oppose this.

Thoughts?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've seen that show, aaaaaand, I'm sorry, but I just can't take it seriously.

I think they certainly have some interesting theories. I certainly can't complain too much considering one of my favourite sci-fis was quite literally born off of theories like those. EBEs being part of what made us who we are today, and all that.

The way I see it, the past is just that - the past. Did we get our civilization and all that all by ourselves? Maybe. I'd say probably. In which case, good for us. Did an alien pop by in a spaceship and help us out? Doubt it, but if so, okay, fantastic, we'll get along better when/if we finally make first contact. Would something like this turn religion on its head? Probably, but oh well.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/848/ancient-aliens.jpg

Are we alone? Here on Earth? In this part of the galaxy?

I think so.

Is there other intelligent life out there?

I think so.

We're just never going to meet them, interstellar travel is one of the greatest impossibilities I can imagine. That being said, if my imagination is failing, and there is interstellar the technology for interstellar travel out there somewhere; I see no reason our species can't have been planted here by aliens.

I think we should seed Mars with that synthetic 'life' we made a while back.

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Feb 29 2012, 01:48 PM)

I think so.

I think so.

We're just never going to meet them, interstellar travel is one of the greatest impossibilities I can imagine. That being said, if my imagination is failing, and there is interstellar the technology for interstellar travel out there somewhere; I see no reason our species can't have been planted here by aliens.

What do you mean "synthetic life?"

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Feb 29 2012, 12:56 PM)

I think so.

I think so.

A while back, scientists chemically synthesized an entirely synthetic DNA strand from nothing more than it's base compounds.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/05/...synthetic-life/

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Feb 29 2012, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Feb 29 2012, 12:56 PM)

I think so.

I think so.

A while back, scientists chemically synthesized an entirely synthetic DNA strand from nothing more than it's base compounds.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/05/...synthetic-life/

ohmy.gif

That's interesting

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Feb 29 2012, 01:17 PM)
Also on that same website I found this: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/02/...ign=Interesting

Yep. Web-Bot also says that that a solar flare will wipe out the electronic age some time this fall; and all computers will remain offline until May of 2013. wink.gif

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Feb 29 2012, 02:24 PM)
Also on that same website I found this: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/02/...ign=Interesting

Yep. Web-Bot also says that that a solar flare will wipe out the electronic age some time this fall; and all computers will remain offline until May of 2013. wink.gif

...omg...I'd better get moving with my lady friends

JK..

If that really does happen then what will be safe anymore?

Another popular theory is that the earth was bombarded with hundreds or possibly thousands of asteroids which carried micro organisms to earth and that we propogated our fair planet in this way.

If this were true ofcourse that would make us aliens ourselves wacko.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Feb 29 2012, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Feb 29 2012, 02:24 PM)

...omg...I'd better get moving with my lady friends

JK..

If that really does happen then what will be safe anymore?

Guns, Gold, Food, Clean Water and Drugs. If you have those things in surplus, you can survive the apocalypse.

I, for one, don't have many of those things.

QUOTE (tel @ Feb 29 2012, 02:35 PM)
Another popular theory is that the earth was bombarded with hundreds or possibly thousands of asteroids which carried micro organisms to earth and that we propogated our fair planet in this way.

Great I'm officially freaked out now.

QUOTE (tel @ Feb 29 2012, 02:35 PM)

Nope..we are not alone. According to various sources,

there are a number of theories on just where these

critters are coming from. 5 popular theories are:

1) Another time period (approx. 500-1000 years , into our future).

2) Another dimension.

3) Another parallel universe.

4) Another planet.

5) Heaven (they could be both good angels and fallen angels,

fighting a war in the upper atmosphere...Check out Ed Grimsley's

vid's on You Tube. The guy's got some amazing night-time

ufo captures on film , using military night goggles..unreal stuff!)

It could possibly be all 5...definitely one of the 5.

I've seen 2 ufo's hovering over my neighborhood,

and my backyard, within the last year and a half...

so I have absolutely NO DOUBT, these things are real.

The Gov. and Military industrial complex have been hiding

evidence of their existence for atleast 70 yrs... probably longer.

Monitary gain is probably one of the biggest reasons.

It's absolutely criminal , IMO.

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Feb 29 2012, 07:05 AM)
I just watched this episode of "Ancient Aliens" and they were saying that Aliens or the Greys are actually time travelers and that the Aliens created Adam And Eve and the Aliens are actually God!

I oppose this.

Thoughts?

Watch these shows all the time. Very entertaining and interesting.

Personally I do not see how the speculation on these types of shows is any different than The Bible or The Book or Mormon etc. Simply humans trying to define themselves and identify how and why we are here. This will go on forever.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Feb 29 2012, 08:10 PM)

2) Another dimension.
4) Another planet.

Christ, the government couldn't even keep it a secret that Lewinsky was sucking Clinton's cock but you want us to believe that the American Govt can keep THE biggest secret?

Like Lewinsky I find that difficult to swallow!

unsure.gif

Edited by Tony R

QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 29 2012, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Feb 29 2012, 08:10 PM)

2) Another dimension.
4) Another planet.

Christ, the government couldn't even keep it a secret that Lewinsky was sucking Clinton's cock but you want us to believe that the American Govt can keep THE biggest secret?

Like Lewinsky I find that difficult to swallow!

unsure.gif

Tony R is an alien walking among us! He was born in 1947 which just happens to be the date that an alien craft crashed in Roswell, New Mexico! This proves without a doubt he's a damn 50s throwback alien in semi-human form... AlienSmiley.gif

icon_alienjig.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Feb 29 2012, 02:39 PM)
Guns, Gold, Food, Clean Water and Drugs. If you have those things in surplus, you can survive the apocalypse.

Why gold? confused13.gif

In a post-apocalyptic world, gold may be nothing more than a pretty, shiny rock.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Feb 29 2012, 05:14 PM)

Why gold? confused13.gif

In a post-apocalyptic world, gold may be nothing more than a pretty, shiny rock.

Are you kidding?

There will always be a demand for money. Gold is the purest form of money on the planet. If you want to trade after our paper fiat currency is worth nothing, you'll want gold and silver- preferably in small portionable shot form.

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Feb 29 2012, 06:22 PM)

Why gold? confused13.gif

Are you kidding?

There will always be a demand for money. Gold is the purest form of money on the planet. If you want to trade after our paper fiat currency is worth nothing, you'll want gold and silver- preferably in small portionable shot form.

No, I'm not kidding. smile.gif

Why on earth would you assume that in a post-apocalyptic world, people would still need or want money or pretty shiny metal? I don't know about anyone else, but I would be far more interested in that apple in your hand, the pickaxe slung across your back, or that packet of non-irradiated seeds in your jacket pocket.

Your compass, your maps, your radio, your book of matches....anything but that chunk of gold. This is a post-apocalyptic world, remember? I just want to survive.....not trek to the burned out remains of Wall Street and bicker over gold prices..... yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Feb 29 2012, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Feb 29 2012, 06:22 PM)

Why gold? confused13.gif

Are you kidding?

No, I'm not kidding. smile.gif

Why on earth would you assume that in a post-apocalyptic world, people would still need or want money or pretty shiny metal? I don't know about anyone else, but I would be far more interested in that apple in your hand, the pickaxe slung across your back, or that packet of non-irradiated seeds in your jacket pocket.

Your compass, your maps, your radio, your book of matches....anything but that chunk of gold. This is a post-apocalyptic world, remember? I just want to survive.....not trek to the burned out remains of Wall Street and bicker over gold prices..... yes.gif yes.gif

I agree. What use does money have when the system we've known for generations has been shut down? Nothing. Can you build a house with gold? No. Can you eat it? No. Can you use it to purify water? No. It has not practical survival use. If things shut down, you will either need to defend your supplies OR use the supplies themselves to trade for other supplies.

The concepts of money and trade will not ever go away, so long as there are people. You're fooling yourself if you don't think there will be a defacto store of wealth.

The apple in your hand is going to be eaten- it will go away. Things that are consumed or needed for use don't make sense as stores of wealth. The very notion of gold as a solid currency is that it is a thing of value that is rare enough for people not to stumble into it, and it's useless enough for people not to use it up. Gold (and other precious metals) will be a currency long after the dollar is forgotten; and in post-apocalyptica, it will be the currency.

Money is a concept that will have great importance if shit ever hits the fan- you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think it's just going away in favor of straight trade and barter of goods. A system like that would become so cumbersome and convoluted, that it would be unsustainable. Gold will always be extremely valuable- so long as there's still trade going on.

You guys are really missing the boat here.

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Feb 29 2012, 08:20 PM)
The concepts of money and trade will not ever go away, so long as there are people. You're fooling yourself if you don't think there will be a defacto store of wealth.

The apple in your hand is going to be eaten- it will go away. Things that are consumed or needed for use don't make sense as stores of wealth. The very notion of gold as a solid currency is that it is a thing of value that is rare enough for people not to stumble into it, and it's useless enough for people not to use it up. Gold (and other precious metals) will be a currency long after the dollar is forgotten; and in post-apocalyptica, it will be the currency.

Money is a concept that will have great importance if shit ever hits the fan- you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think it's just going away in favor of straight trade and barter of goods. A system like that would become so cumbersome and convoluted, that it would be unsustainable. Gold will always be extremely valuable- so long as there's still trade going on.

You guys are really missing the boat here.

I can see your point but while an Apple may not become a form of currency, I can see canned food and bottled water becoming more valuable than gold would be. Canned food can last a very long time without being refrigerated. I think you have a far too optimistic view of how people would react if all electronics died for 8-12 months. Money has no practical use and it's value is purely a lie that everyone has accepted into allowing our current system of economy to work. We can't just switch to a different system overnight. Anarchy would erupt.

HOWEVER there's really no use in arguing or worrying about this. IF it happens, we'll find out an hope for the best. We won't be able to predict it until a short time before it happens. So it's best not to think about it from day to day and simply prepare for it.