TOP 10 FILTHIEST DUBSTEP DROPS

burgeranacoke

TOP 10 FILTHIEST DUBSTEP DROPS

Take a listen...

Ok . I am an old fart and I understand that there is a genre of music called post-dubstep, but I will try and semi up to date on music and explore the genre dubstep a bit, and ask; any opinions here positive or negative on the genre?

If you are familiar with the genre, any recommendations?

Changing pace and tempo of this genre are almost Rush-like.

I know it's practically a requirement that older people put down the music of the younger generations (and I'm 37, I'm not old)... but that is just crap. Utter noise set to a sort-of beat. You could take a library of 1,000 random computer noise loops, put them in a blender, and end up with exactly what I just heard in the first 45 seconds (which is all the time I could stand to listen).

I think there ares ome cool sounds in there and the bass is pretty wild...But what do you do to that music?

My wife asked me if I was watching a stripper...so I suppose a stripper might like that music.

You really can't dance to it, 'cuz the beat is kind of eratic...can't really tap your foot to it either for the same reason....Can't do air instruments...I suppose you could trip out on it.

OK, I don't know what dubstep is, I'll admit it. I guess I'll have to look that up on Wiki.

Having said this, it is interesting while not being entertaining, which is to say I wouldn't listen to this regularly like I would music, but I found the synths, heavy distortion, and effects to be cool, maybe even for sound effects in movies or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep

I thought this was very interesting.

I *am* old enough to remember Robert Moog and that "noise" he made decades ago....

Speaking of which, if you like or ever liked synths and want to see its origins, watch this INSANELY interesting documentary on Moog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGojNAfqN90

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 25 2012, 10:04 PM)
by the way.. "filthiest?"  ????

someone young or hip, please explain.

laugh.gif

I like a lot of dubstep, though those filthy drops didn't represent the best of the genre, IMO. There's a lot of electronic music in the vearious genres that I've enjoyed over the years. Like with any genre of music or any other art form, though, preperfence is personal and a lot of it is just garbage.

To enjoy dubstep fully, it's nice to be in a dance venue, where the visuals really add to the sounds. True for most electronic music.

BTW, "filthy" has been used in baseball for many years to describe a pitcher's ball movement. Morphed from the expression "dirty ball!", I believe. And of course "filthy rich" has been around forever.

Edited by goose

I really like ambient music, and I like electronic music, but I don't like techno. I like some Aphex Twin, as long as it isn't too over the top, and I love a lot of Future Sound of London, but when it starts to get too techno, too much about beats per minute or too much about this sound sounds cool so let's go to town with it, I get bored, or in many cases, like this one, annoyed pretty fast. It's just kind of obnoxious music to me. Maybe if you're 21 and at a rave and on ecstasy. Ok, maybe that's unfair, but the whole thing isn't my scene, and the music doesn't do much for me...

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Feb 26 2012, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 25 2012, 10:04 PM)
by the way.. "filthiest?"  ????

someone young or hip, please explain.

Guy 1: He's beep-boppin' and skatin' and I'm loosing it!!!

Guy 2: Stay cool daddio.

I said I was old not a f-cking senior citizen! rofl3.gif

George Carlin once said (about the Blues), "it's not enough to know which notes to play. You need to know why they need to be played."

I apply that principle to all music, not just the Blues. This stuff barely qualifies as music; it's just random noises that the composer (I use that term very loosely) threw together because he/she thought it might sound cool. There's no rhyme or reason. There's no meaning. The best music has a purpose. It has a reason why.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 26 2012, 10:50 AM)
George Carlin once said (about the Blues), "it's not enough to know which notes to play. You need to know why they need to be played."

I apply that principle to all music, not just the Blues. This stuff barely qualifies as music; it's just random noises that the composer (I use that term very loosely) threw together because he/she thought it might sound cool. There's no rhyme or reason. There's no meaning. The best music has a purpose. It has a reason why.

This is why the music mostly fails for me out of the context of the dance club. Dance music, with out the dance...? schla03.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 26 2012, 10:58 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 26 2012, 10:50 AM)

This is why the music mostly fails for me out of the context of the dance club. Dance music, with out the dance...? schla03.gif

Exactly. I cant enjoy "listening to it" - just like this dubstep. I find the sounds and rhythms interesting, but just as that "sounds" - not music...