Let's HELP a fellow RUSH fan & Cancer Survivor...

Presto-a RUSH fan!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Samm'sTestforEcho @ Feb 16 2012, 11:13 PM)
Dear Friends,

I wish that I could put into words what I am feeling. I never thought that my total would reach $3,000 in 4 days. I just am...shocked. Thank you so much. I wish that I could say more, but i can't put it into words. I was informed tonight that I am one of the top fundraisers in Miracle at the moment. I have a hard time taking credit because it is all you guys. Some of the best people in the world have given so much to something i care so much about. I just can't express my gratitude. Thank you so much!!

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

This is going to do so much! this is amazing. My co-chair for the committee i'm on in miracle says that I alone have raised almost half of our committee total. And it is all thanks to you. You guys are amazing. Truly amazing.
*A spirit with a vision is a dream
With a mission*

Love,
Samm

I wouldn't be surprised if Alex, Geddy or Neil may be responsible for that $1000! Just a guess...or maybe just another great fan.

I was going to post a screen shot of the little donation meter, but at this point, by the time I do, you will be at $4000!

WOW...and Samm, while the fans are making the donations, you did this by 4 years ago at 16 yrs old having the choice of just about any wish, and you chose 2.gif !

As a fan, that is amazing that you, first off, a female, since RUSH has been for so long considered to only have male fans. Then, you are only 16 yrs old!!! And you chose 2.gif !

Then, you decided to fight for kids with cancer, which, even though you had cancer and beat it yes.gif, you still decided to pursue trying to save kids from going thru what you went thru. Alot of people, actually more than not, do not fight for something like you, even if they went thru it...but YOU did!

THAT IS THE REASON YOU HAVE RAISED ALMOST 3K IN 3 DAYS!

The RUSH fans just helped! If you weren't a fan of the greatest band in the world AND pursued your passion to help kids, none of this would be happening!

You should take MOST if not all of the credit here!

YOU INSPIRE US!

One thing I think you should consider changing though, is instead of saying FTK, FOR THE KIDS.....you should say...AFTK...ALL FOR THE KIDS...and I am sure those initials stand for something else too! wink.gif

We are not worthy!! notworthy.gif

PS. RushIsABand.com and I am sure other RUSH fans not from either forum helped too! This was an all out 2.gif fan team effort started by YOU!

Oh and...the Counterparts Forum just joined the effort!

Draco is the man!

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index...showtopic=43893

Of course his numbers are off a little, the money is coming in so fast it's hard to keep up!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Edited to say: Samm, maybe you should just "Cut to the Chase" and put your goal at $21,120.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

The following is taken from www.RushIsABand.com and actually has a link to a video on youtube showing Geddy dedicating "Mission" to Samm and you can see Samm and her reaction!

QUOTE (www.rushisaband.com @ Feb 16 2012, 11:13 AM)
UPDATE - 2/16@11:13AM: Samantha's new goal is now $2,000 and she's less than $500 away! So please give if you can. Here's a bootleg video of Rush's July 20, 2008 Charlotte performance (thanks Sean) of Mission - which Geddy dedicated to Samm. Samm can be seen backstage on Geddy's side at about the 1-minute mark. Note her reaction when Geddy dedicates the song to her! smile.gif

Thanks www.RushIsABand.com

Obviously, this was at 11:13 AM on Feb 16th, by around 11:00 PM on Feb 16th Samm's total was $3056 and her new goal was $3500! I say "was" because by the time you read this post, she will probably be way past that!

http://www.unomaha.edu/bnf/Bravo2.gif

This is just amazing!! Samm, you really do inspire us - I hope the total just keeps going up biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Feb 16 2012, 10:49 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Alex, Geddy or Neil may be responsible for that $1000! Just a guess...or maybe just another great fan.

Does anyone have any kind of contact with the band? Would be cool to see what they would have to say, and possibly give. It's truly amazing what Rush fans have done.

Samm - not only did your Wish mean a lot to you, but look what it's doing for so many others.

I am amazed by all of this. My personal goal is $4000. It would be half of my committee's current total and is approximately the cost of a week of outpatient chemo at children's. It make me think back to when I was sick and how much it helped not having to cover a lot my the cost of my treatments, which added up. It's just been a whirlwind an I am so greatful. To you and to Alex, geddy, and Neil for really having such a huge impact on my life.

QUOTE (Samm'sTestforEcho @ Feb 17 2012, 11:18 AM)
I am amazed by all of this. My personal goal is $4000. It would be half of my committee's current total and is approximately the cost of a week of outpatient chemo at children's. It make me think back to when I was sick and how much it helped not having to cover a lot my the cost of my treatments, which added up. It's just been a whirlwind an I am so greatful. To you and to Alex, geddy, and Neil for really having such a huge impact on my life.

goodpost.gif

Sam's total now stands at $3,183.00. Remarkable!! Her online goal now stands at $3,500.00. It would be great if she could reach that goal. She mentioned that her personal goal is now $4,000.00. That is still a ways off, but that would be unreal! Remember, no amount is to small and you can give more than once if your so inclined so give if you can. It is a very good cause.

Also, we are still taking suggestions for danceable Rush songs that can be played at her upcoming 24 hour Dance Marathon. So post your ideas!

Thanks again to everyone for your heart felt generosity.

2.gif On

John Dyar

QUOTE (johndyar @ Feb 17 2012, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (Samm'sTestforEcho @ Feb 17 2012, 11:18 AM)

goodpost.gif

Sam's total now stands at $3,183.00. Remarkable!! Her online goal now stands at $3,500.00. It would be great if she could reach that goal. She mentioned that her personal goal is now $4,000.00. That is still a ways off, but that would be unreal! Remember, no amount is to small and you can give more than once if your so inclined so give if you can. It is a very good cause.

Also, we are still taking suggestions for danceable Rush songs that can be played at her upcoming 24 hour Dance Marathon. So post your ideas!

Thanks again to everyone for your heart felt generosity.

2.gif On

John Dyar

My vote goes for danceable song:

One Little Victory

I think the lyrics are so amazing for this. This is just one little victory, in the battle to win the war AFTK! All For The Kids! Plus, after hearing all that dance music, can you imagine those drums coming in and people just jumping up and down!

or even

Sweet Miracle Not as hard rocking but still cool lyrics.

Plus it's harder, more what RUSH sounds like now, so I don't know, but that is my idea!

Keep it up Samm and 2.gif fans!

Maybe we get everyone's ideas and I think we should think along the lines of lyrics and then consider what we would want people who may have never heard RUSH to hear. Again, Samm is the ultimate decision maker so this may all be in vain. But maybe once we get like 10 serious ideas, we can make a poll to see what every one thinks?

PS. We already know One Little Victory and Sweet Miracle will NOT get rushgoobers vote! tongue.gif

Edited for stupidness

Wow! I'll repost on FaceBook today. Maybe that $4000 isn't so far as it seems. biggrin.gif

As for dance tunes: there are a few on Feedback that are danceable (okay not Rush songs per se but...). Also Leave That Thing Alone, Kid Gloves, Freewill, Mystic Rhythms, Scars, Dreamline, The Weapon, Hand Over Fist, Earthshine and Animate. These are songs that I find are good to walk to because of the mostly steady beat. You could also slow dance to Tears, Bravado, Different Strings and In The End.

A 24-hour marathon dance... ah, to be young enough to do that again.... b_sigh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 17 2012, 07:26 PM)
Wow! I'll repost on FaceBook today. Maybe that $4000 isn't so far as it seems. biggrin.gif

As for dance tunes: there are a few on Feedback that are danceable (okay not Rush songs per se but...). Also Leave That Thing Alone, Kid Gloves, Freewill, Mystic Rhythms, Scars, Dreamline, The Weapon, Hand Over Fist, Earthshine and Animate. These are songs that I find are good to walk to because of the mostly steady beat. You could also slow dance to Tears, Bravado, Different Strings and In The End.

A 24-hour marathon dance... ah, to be young enough to do that again.... b_sigh.gif laugh.gif

I know, right? laugh.gif

My only song suggestion is Ghost of a Chance. But, I don't know if that's a danceable song? confused13.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 18 2012, 01:02 PM)

A 24-hour marathon dance... ah, to be young enough to do that again.... b_sigh.gif  laugh.gif

I know, right? laugh.gif

My only song suggestion is Ghost of a Chance. But, I don't know if that's a danceable song? confused13.gif

smile.gif That's a great choice Stace and may I have this dance?

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 17 2012, 07:02 PM)

A 24-hour marathon dance... ah, to be young enough to do that again.... b_sigh.gif  laugh.gif

I know, right? laugh.gif

Maybe a slow dance.... confused13.gif

laugh.gif

I find the way this thing has taken off to be a remarkable thing. Sometimes, in today's world it's hard to find any goodness. Watch the news and it leaves you feeling dark and depressed.

Spend a few minutes reading this thread and the posts on RIAB and it restores you faith in the human race. I remember reading Samm's story and have often wondered how she was doing. How wonderful to find out she is healthy and cancer free. Then to find out that she's taken the "give it back" path in life by wanting to help others.. this is so refreshing and just makes you feel good about life.

Thanks Samm for highlighting that there is good in this world. Best of luck to you on your fundraiser, and in your future. I'm sure you will do great things.

Is there an update on what has been raised?

As for a dance song (and I don't know if it's been mentioned), but I would definitely say Scars.

Edit to say, and dare I say it, Dog Years is also a good dance song.

Edited by Draco

QUOTE (Draco @ Feb 18 2012, 06:44 PM)
Is there an update on what has been raised?

As for a dance song (and I don't know if it's been mentioned), but I would definitely say Scars.

Edit to say, and dare I say it, Dog Years is also a good dance song.

Sam's total as of now is an unbelievable $3,295.00! Today is the first day since 2/12 that her page hasn't received a donation. She is $200.00 away from her final $3,500.00 goal. It would be great if she made that goal and see here donation gauge reach 100%. If you have donated, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. If you haven't, read her story on her donation page and give if you can. No amount is to small. A $5.00 donation means as much as a $100.00 one because it is " all for the kids". Here is a link to her donation page;

Sam's UGA Miracle Donation Page

Sam is going to wear 2.gif gear to the upcoming Dance marathon. She wants to wear a T4E t shirt but the one she has is the I bought for her the first time she seen them when she was 5. It doesn't quite fit anymore! She has a "Henhouse" dryer shirt that Geddy gave her when she had her wish but I think she is keeping it for "good" and doesn't want to chance getting it messed up at the dance. I have a few shirts and she is welcome to any of them!

Thanks for the song ideas. I am keeping track of them for her. Keep those ideas coming in!

Thanks agin to everyone for helping Sam with her fundraising. She is very grateful and humbled by the love that fellow 2.gif Fans have shown her.

John Dyar (Sam's dad)

bumper.gif

Come on gang, we're so close!!!

Just an update. Right now we have us-The RUSH Forum, RushisaBand.com and Counterparts Rush Forum as well as some Facebook RUSH groups contributing to help Samm obliterate her goal, and in turn, help kids with cancer become cancer-free!

If you know of any other RUSH groups or even non-RUSH related groups that would be interested in helping, please let's keep this push going.

I am not a big Twitter guy, but I am sure there are Twitter RUSH related groups (not sure how that all works) but if you know about some, maybe send out some tweets.

Remember, as Samm and her Dad have said, there is NO amount to small to donate! It is AFTK - All For The Kids!

Samm's total right now as of this post is:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/gobrownstd54/3317-raised.jpg

Let's not quit until their donation drive ends and let's get her goal raised for the...well I have lost track of how many times the group has raised her goal! Her original goal was $250...RUSH fans have helped her raise 13 times her original goal!!! applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

Also, Samm's Dad said in a post above that he is keeping track of suggestions for RUSH songs to play at their 24 hour dance marathon. If you have any more suggestions, keep them coming! Obviously, Samm is the ultimate decision maker on what song she picks, but in my opinion, we should suggest some songs that would represent RUSH in a great light lyrically as well as musically. I don't think it matters much if it's a traditional "dancing" type song. I think in 24 hours they will be playing alot of different sounding music.

AFTK!

Samm's donation page

The fine folks at RushCon got into the act today and made a donation to Sam's cause! Thanks RushCon! With their donation, Sam is only $133.00 short of reaching her goal! All because of Rush Fans around the world! Thanks again to EVERYONE that has helped her reach this unbelievable amount! There is still time to donate so head on over to her page and give if you can.

Sam's UGA Miracle Donation Page

John Dyar