End of year review!!

Hatchetaxe&saw

I still don't have half of the classic albums I feel like I should have, so the only new music for 2011 for me was Fly From Here, which I love. wub.gif

Oh, and I did listen to A Grounding in Numbers and I like it. smile.gif

As for shows:

Rush vs. Yes/Styx

Who do you think I enjoyed more?

foo fighters waisting light is way up there.

didn't really care for steven wilsons album. i like insurgents better. maybe cause i didn't like the drummer.

video game of the year by far is Zelda Skyward Sword. can't stop playing that game!

movie of the year. Rampart with Woody Harrelson. great actor! there are so many great movies this year

QUOTE (shail @ Dec 2 2011, 05:50 PM)

didn't really care for steven wilsons album. i like insurgents better. maybe cause i didn't like the drummer.

video game of the year by far is Zelda Skyward Sword. can't stop playing that game!

movie of the year. Rampart with Woody Harrelson. great actor! there are so many great movies this year

In that case my movie pick is Drive. Awesome soundtrack as well.

That will probably change when I see The Descendants this week. I'm a HUGE fan of writer/director, Alex Payne.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 1 2011, 12:55 PM)
Album of the Year:
Grace For Drowning (SW)

Runner Up: Heritage (Opeth)

Stinking Pile Of Crap: DT - A Dramatic Turd of Offence

Gig Of The Year: Rush

laugh.gif

I thought the new DT was " A Dramatic Turn Into Journey" .

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Dec 2 2011, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (shail @ Dec 2 2011, 05:50 PM)

In that case my movie pick is Drive. Awesome soundtrack as well.

That will probably change when I see The Descendants this week. I'm a HUGE fan of writer/director, Alex Payne.

Saw The Descendents Saturday night. Very good movie.

I'll have to go through my albums again because I haven't been accumulating much music or listening to what I've got. That said, a lot of what I got this year was pretty good. Standout album would probably be The King is Dead by The Decemberists, considering it's about the only 2011 album I've listened to with any regularity.

As for gig of the year, I only went to two: My Chemical Romance in a small theater (about 3,500) and Rush in a medium arena (about 12,000). This was my first time seeing MyChem, and while they didn't perform my absolute favorites, the band were on fire and it was amazing being on the floor, 25 feet away from the stage. biggrin.gif In addition, they played some older stuff, which was nice to hear. (And my god, the crowd was so loud... they may have been part of the reason my ears were ringing on the way home.

On the Rush front, this was my first time seeing Rush indoors (the others were amphitheaters), and, being the first show of the 2011 gig, they were incredible. Sound was amazing, Geddy sounded good, everyone played great, and the crowd was great... I haven't seen all of the new video but this show should have been recorded instead.