Farewell Can-Utility

An Enemy Without

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 27 2011, 12:56 AM)
You had a good run but alas, all things must come to an end.

Was it worth it?

I love what certain people think needs to be celebrated. Let's celebrate cruelty. Let's celebrate targeting people for the purpose of gaining a few laugh smilies. Let's celebrate being disrespectful with people we don't have to actually meet. Let's celebrate wanting to keep a website filled with this kind of behavior, as if it makes for a better place to be. Let's wish more people like that would come here so it's more the norm that the exception.

Yeah, that's so worth it!!!

Another keyboard Tough Guy gone. The most Unfunny and Sad Troll i have ever seen around here.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 27 2011, 10:03 AM)
What did he do to get banned?

Really ????

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 27 2011, 10:10 AM)

Was it worth it?

I love what certain people think needs to be celebrated. Let's celebrate cruelty. Let's celebrate targeting people for the purpose of gaining a few laugh smilies. Let's celebrate being disrespectful with people we don't have to actually meet. Let's celebrate wanting to keep a website filled with this kind of behavior, as if it makes for a better place to be. Let's wish more people like that would come here so it's more the norm that the exception.

Yeah, as if the whole explanation in the other thread wasn't enough, so let's start a separate thread! facepalm.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 27 2011, 10:50 AM)

Was it worth it?

Yeah, as if the whole explanation in the other thread wasn't enough, so let's start a separate thread! facepalm.gif

Time frame mismatch. I wasn't continuing on just for the sake of being annoying; this was made while eagerly waiting for your response.

I wasn't celebrating it. Was I? It is one of my greatest regrets that I didn't do this for sonic. He was legitimately funny and didn't get his kicks out of targeting people. I figured I would never miss this opportunity ever again. yes.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 27 2011, 12:24 PM)

Was it worth it?

Time frame mismatch. I wasn't continuing on just for the sake of being annoying; this was made while eagerly waiting for your response.

I wasn't celebrating it. Was I? It is one of my greatest regrets that I didn't do this for sonic. He was legitimately funny and didn't get his kicks out of targeting people. I figured I would never miss this opportunity ever again. yes.gif

Sonic was a douchebag.

Actually, he had the potential to be funny. But he liked crossing the line too much -- he thought simply posting vulgarities was comedy. Anybody can do that.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 1

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 27 2011, 02:06 PM)
TRF -- the only place where making fun of poor grammar is considered worse than calling someone a ***t.

You're not being very observant about this, or you're not very bright. But I had words toward both sides on this, and one of those sides decided to keep going with it, even further than before and on the tail of the Admin's warning.

Is the bulb getting any brighter?

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 27 2011, 03:10 PM)
TRF -- the only place where making fun of poor grammar is considered worse than calling someone a ***t.

You're not being very observant about this, or you're not very bright. But I had words toward both sides on this, and one of those sides decided to keep going with it, even further than before and on the tail of the Admin's warning.

I'm not arguing with the decision to ban Can, my point is that tick throws out far more abrasive personal attacks left and right, many (not all) of which are unwarranted, and has only ever received so much as a warning as far as i can tell. Why does he get off so much more easily? because he's older and therefore "wiser"? give me a f***ing break eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 27 2011, 02:10 PM)

Right.

Can didn't get canned because he made fun of tick's grammar. He got canned because he took it a step further than that, got warned about it, and proceeded to throw that warning in our faces by posting those captioned propeller beanie guy images aimed at tick.

In other words, he said, "I know I'm being a dick, I want to be a dick, Fledge thinks I'm badass, please ban me."

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 27 2011, 02:13 PM)

I'm not arguing with the decision to ban Can, my point is that tick throws out far more abrasive personal attacks left and right, many (not all) of which are unwarranted, and has only ever received so much as a warning as far as i can tell. Why does he get off so much more easily? because he's older and therefore "wiser"? give me a f***ing break eyesre4.gif

When I see it, I call it out. If you see something you're not in favor of, report it.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 27 2011, 02:13 PM)

That's because when tick throws those insults out, he always sees the error of his ways, stops when called out for it, and usually owns up and apologizes. Plus, he's not here to insult people. He adds more to this place than he takes away.

Can added nothing to the board. On the other hand, subtracting him added to the board.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 27 2011, 01:53 PM)

Was it worth it?

Sonic was a douchebag.

Actually, he had the potential to be funny. But he liked crossing the line too much -- he thought simply posting vulgarities was comedy. Anybody can do that.

Well then he was a hilarious douchebag. Anyone can post vulgarities to be funny, but few are willing to actually cross that line. And even of those people, only a handful can make it funny without sounding like a try-hard. Sonic was unique, and he got banned for it.

Can was just an ass, I'll give you that.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 27 2011, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 27 2011, 01:53 PM)

Was it worth it?

Sonic was a douchebag.

Well then he was a hilarious douchebag. Anyone can post vulgarities to be funny, but few are willing to actually cross that line. And even of those people, only a handful can make it funny without sounding like a try-hard. Sonic was unique, and he got banned for it.

I love how you guys twist this stuff around. Sonic didn't get banned because he was "unique." If we banned people for that, we'd have 611 total members here. He got banned for pretty much the same reasons Can got banned (twice).

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 27 2011, 04:50 PM)
Can was just an ass, I'll give you that.

Exactly. Which means he didn't deserve a farewell thread.