Is pizza a vegetable?

An Enemy Without

Is pizza a vegetable?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is pizza a vegetable?

• Yes
    • No

I very much enjoy veggie pizza. rather than oily meats, I really like mushrooms, peppers, onions, spinach, broccoli, all kinds of things on pizza. Now that doesnt make the whole bloody thing a vegetable, of course, but vegetables on pizza is so very good IMO.

No. For two reasons:

1. A composite food cannot be designated as one food.

2. Tomatoes, which this ludicrous idea is based on, are a FRUIT.

facepalm.gif

Nope...It sure is good,though! yes.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif pizza.gif drool1.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Nov 22 2011, 09:39 PM)
No. For two reasons:

1. A composite food cannot be designated as a food.

This!!!!!

Someone once said to me "how many ingredients are here in steak?". exactly.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 22 2011, 08:26 PM)
Don't be ridiculous, of course pizza is a vegetable. Every spring I harvest a great batch of pepperoni pizza from my pizza garden behind my house.

Can I get some seedlings from you, and do you know if there are any hybrid varieties without pepperoni?

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 23 2011, 12:10 PM)
Don't be ridiculous, of course pizza is a vegetable. Every spring I harvest a great batch of pepperoni pizza from my pizza garden behind my house.

Can I get some seedlings from you, and do you know if there are any hybrid varieties without pepperoni?

I've got three varieties, pepperoni, sausage and pineapple, and I'm working on cross-breeding now. I hope next season to cross-breed the sausage and pineapple varieties into a whole new pizza plant.

I can arrange to have some cuttings sent to you, you'll just need to get them into the ground before they cool off. They're best planted hot.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 23 2011, 01:25 PM)

I've got three varieties, pepperoni, sausage and pineapple, and I'm working on cross-breeding now. I hope next season to cross-breed the sausage and pineapple varieties into a whole new pizza plant.

I can arrange to have some cuttings sent to you, you'll just need to get them into the ground before they cool off. They're best planted hot.

Craziest 3 posts I have ever read in the food subforum. Congrats! I will remember this day forever.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 23 2011, 12:25 PM)

Daniel, I just crossed my chicken pizza with my barbecue pizza. Best decision I ever made. You should try it some time.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 21 2011, 06:55 PM)

Daniel, I just crossed my chicken pizza with my barbecue pizza. Best decision I ever made. You should try it some time.

Fantastic! Now, did you plant the chicken separately, or did you cross-breed the chicken plant with the pizza plant and then cultivate the new pizza plant for the final product?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 22 2011, 12:39 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 21 2011, 06:55 PM)

Fantastic! Now, did you plant the chicken separately, or did you cross-breed the chicken plant with the pizza plant and then cultivate the new pizza plant for the final product?

Cross-breeding would have taken too long so I just decided to borrow some hybrid chicken/pizza seeds from one of my gardening friends.