Guess who met Geddy

Rushian King

Not me. sad.gif A friend of mine did though. She was on a walk in a park around the Bloor Viaduct (those who know Toronto know where that is) on Saturday morning. She stopped to talk to some people who all had the same type of dog-- Yorkshire Terrier (she thinks it was that kind). After she walked away one of the guys ran after her and said, "you know who that was? Geddy Lee and his mom!" My friend's not a fan but does know what he looks like and believes it really was him. He was a skinny guy with long, dark hair in a ponytail, round-lensed sunglasses and a big nose. Oh well, someday...

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 9 2011, 07:00 PM)
If I grew my hair longer I would fit that description too. tongue.gif

That's pretty cool.

Yeah, when I told my gf that I could get a long hair wig and some round sunglasses and a fake big nose and go to a Halloween party as Geddy Lee her comment was "oh, you wouldn't need the fake big nose". Ouch. rofl3.gif

This thread gave me some "off-topic" deja-vu about walking a dog and meeting someone famous... I was walking my parents dog about 7 years ago and this dude walks up to me and asks what kind of dog it was. I told him I didn't know and then he mentioned a breed and I said "that's it".

Then, I look at the guy and I recognize him... I say to him, "are you an actor?" He said "yes, we are filming a couple of blocks from here...". We trade pleasantries and part ways... curious? It was the guy who played the NBC president who fell in love with Elaine on Seinfeld.

But meeting Geddy, that would be great. I think he's the coolest of the triumvirate when it comes to interfacing with the public/fans.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 9 2011, 11:47 PM)
If she knows what he looks like, didn't she realize it was him right away? How cool though. GeddyFinal.gif wub.gif

Not necessarily. Like I said she's not a fan and she was more interested in the dogs than the people. I don't think it's that easy recognizing someone you randomly see.

Years ago a girlfriend of mine came to surprise me at work. I looked right at her but didn't recognize her until she took her sunglasses off. I wasn't expecting to see her and I'd never seen her wear sunglasses before.

I call bullshit.

no offense but I think your friend was mistaken.

everyone with long hair and a big nose gets accused of looking like Geddy for some reason..

people with small dogs always look like celebrities.

...and besides, I was with Geddy's mom that day ph34r.gif

why does the forth word in your post link to a dating website for bikers??

EDIT: ok nevermind. computer glitch I guess. wow thats weird... wtf.gif

Edited by MMCXII

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Nov 11 2011, 12:20 AM)
I call bullshit.

everyone with long hair and a big nose gets accused of looking like Geddy for some reason..

...and besides, I was with Geddy's mom that day ph34r.gif

I doubt it, Lee does live in the area and Saturday morning was a nice morning to be out for a walk. My friend doesn't care one way or the other, but the guy who ran up to tell her was a fan and he was the one who had been talking to Geddy and his mom.

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Nov 10 2011, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Nov 11 2011, 12:20 AM)
I call bullshit.

...and besides, I was with Geddy's mom that day  ph34r.gif

I doubt it, Lee does live in the area and Saturday morning was a nice morning to be out for a walk. My friend doesn't care one way or the other, but the guy who ran up to tell her was a fan and he was the one who had been talking to Geddy and his mom.

I believe this story 100%. I mean, you have one Rushhead uber excited and geeking out about meeting Geddy Lee and in his excited tells the other individual who also talked to Geddy.

Geddy Lee, doing some dog walking with his mom. It's cute.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Nov 10 2011, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 9 2011, 10:51 PM)
Geddy's no porker but he isn't exactly skinny either. tongue.gif

cameras add 10lbs

Yeah but he does have a gut going on now. Looks to be getting a little chubby, not that it would be noticed under warm clothes this time of the year in the great white north.

QUOTE (kevorkazito @ Nov 10 2011, 06:37 PM)
This thread gave me some "off-topic" deja-vu about walking a dog and meeting someone famous... I was walking my parents dog about 7 years ago and this dude walks up to me and asks what kind of dog it was. I told him I didn't know and then he mentioned a breed and I said "that's it".

Then, I look at the guy and I recognize him... I say to him, "are you an actor?" He said "yes, we are filming a couple of blocks from here...". We trade pleasantries and part ways... curious? It was the guy who played the NBC president who fell in love with Elaine on Seinfeld.

But meeting Geddy, that would be great. I think he's the coolest of the triumvirate when it comes to interfacing with the public/fans.

That would be Bob Balaban. He's in a lot of Christopher Guest's films.

QUOTE (andrew28 @ Nov 11 2011, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (kevorkazito @ Nov 10 2011, 06:37 PM)
This thread gave me some "off-topic" deja-vu about walking a dog and meeting someone famous... I was walking my parents dog about 7 years ago and  this dude walks up to me and asks what kind of dog it was. I told him I didn't know and then he mentioned a breed and I said "that's it".

That would be Bob Balaban. He's in a lot of Christopher Guest's films.

He was pretty cool and knowledgeable about dogs; how weird to bump into him in a neighborhood in Winnipeg on a dark spring night... to this day I can't remember that dog's breed... some Asian word, but not Lhaso Apso LOL!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 9 2011, 10:47 PM)
If she knows what he looks like, didn't she realize it was him right away? How cool though. GeddyFinal.gif  wub.gif

Not necessarily. Similar thing happened to me. I was walking my dog and ran into two guys who were walking their dogs. We stopped and talk about the dogs while they were getting acquainted (sniffing and stuff). Stood there for about five minutes. One of the guys was wearing a baseball hat and sun glasses. A few minutes after I walked away, I thought how the guy's voice sounded familiar and then realized it was Jim Parsons, Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory.