last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://images.moviepostershop.com/westworld-movie-poster-1973-1020198246.jpg

Any good?

It's a great movie - I absolutely love it! :ebert:

• Like 2

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6d/White_men_cant_jump.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Money_Train.jpg

I find it hard to believe, now, that this is the guy who did True Detective...

So you're saying...?

Nothing in particular, mate. Just a passing thought... consider it a brain-fart.

The passing of time? What about Robert Blake as the asshole police chief in Money Train?? "You're right on the edge. You're a wreck lookin for some place to happen...I'll be there...and I'll fuckk you DEAD!" :wacko: :o :LOL:

OK, now I gotta go and watch the movie... :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Welcome to Hammer, plenty more goodies are awaiting you! :)

Yeah, let's hear it for Hammer!

I recommend next "Horror of Dracula" (which is the very 1st Hammer Dracula btw)

Thanks guys!

I do wanna see more!

Horror Of Dracula? Cool, I'll keep an eye out for it! :cheers:

• Like 1

Any good?

Yes, it's great, though very much of it's time (1973)...but the first half is a fun romp, and the second half is a (very) tense chase.

You can tell it's written by Michael Chricton, because it pretty much is Jurassic Park, but with cowboys

Any good?

Yes, it's great, though very much of it's time (1973)...but the first half is a fun romp, and the second half is a (very) tense chase.

You can tell it's written by Michael Chricton, because it pretty much is Jurassic Park, but with cowboys

I think in some way, Michael Crichton was ahead of his time. But he knew what he wanted. On the Blu-Ray, there's a making of documentary, around 9 minutes; nothing on the standard DVD. The documentary is quite insightful. He also wrote the book, but it was done as a script rather than as a normal book. the book is slightly different. Having said that, I own the DVD, Blu-Ray and the book.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6d/White_men_cant_jump.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Money_Train.jpg

I find it hard to believe, now, that this is the guy who did True Detective...

So you're saying...?

Nothing in particular, mate. Just a passing thought... consider it a brain-fart.

The passing of time? What about Robert Blake as the asshole police chief in Money Train?? "You're right on the edge. You're a wreck lookin for some place to happen...I'll be there...and I'll fuckk you DEAD!" :wacko: :o :LOL:

OK, now I gotta go and watch the movie... :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Every line he has in the film is an insult and delivered with evil intent! :LOL:

Hard Times,

Charles Bronson and James Coburn star in this awesome movie! :cool:

Yeah that one is great! A classic that never gets old! It's the perfect role for Bronson who is totally convincing as the deadly street fighter Chaney!

I like this line from Coburn near the beginning:

"Every town had somebody who thinks he's tough as a nickel steak; but, they all come to old Speed for the do-re-mi."

• Like 2

Welcome to Hammer, plenty more goodies are awaiting you! :)

Yeah, let's hear it for Hammer!

I recommend next "Horror of Dracula" (which is the very 1st Hammer Dracula btw)

Thanks guys!

I do wanna see more!

Horror Of Dracula? Cool, I'll keep an eye out for it! :cheers:

It's just known as "Dracula" in the UK, they renamed it "The Horror of Dracula" overseas to avoid confusion with the RKO version. This was the first Hammer Dracula film based on the novel.

Hard Times,

Yeah that one is great! A classic that never gets old! It's the perfect role for Bronson who is totally convincing as the deadly street fighter Chaney!

"Every town had somebody who thinks he's tough as a nickel steak; but, they all come to old Speed for the do-re-mi."

:LOL:

Yeah,

Glad a few here know of the movie. It never was that popular. I love the part when Bronson knocks out his first opponent with one punch! :D

BTW,

Ever seen the movie "Death Hunt" with Bronson and Lee Marvin? :haz:

Hard Times,

Yeah,

Glad a few here know of the movie. It never was that popular. I love the part when Bronson knocks out his first opponent with one punch! :D

BTW,

That's the scene right after the diner scene first meeting.

I like this line too after Bronson won the big fight saving Coburn's bacon, Chick the Mr Big guy says: "Mr Chaney you've cost me a great deal of money", and Bronson goes, "You'll live with it..." :LOL:

Yeah I've seen that a few times back in the day and I saw it recently, and it was long enough since I'd seen it so I'd mostly forgotten how the story unolds. That's a good cast with Lee Marvin, Bronson, Carl Weathers and Angie Dickinson, plus Ed Lauter and Andrew Stevens (as the new kid character).

• Like 1

Hard Times,

Yeah,

BTW,

I like this line too after Bronson won the big fight saving Coburn's bacon, Chick the Mr Big guy says: "Mr Chaney you've cost me a great deal of money", and Bronson goes, "You'll live with it..." :LOL:

Yeah I've seen that a few times back in the day and I saw it recently, and it was long enough since I'd seen it so I'd mostly forgotten how the story unolds. That's a good cast with Lee Marvin, Bronson, Carl Weathers and Angie Dickinson, plus Ed Lauter and Andrew Stevens (as the new kid character).

They always had great casts in those days. Shit, I didn't know he suffered with Alzheimer's, that's something to look forward to in old age.

Edited by Steevo
  • Like 1

Hard Times,

Yeah,

BTW,

Damn Son,

You're good! :ebert:

Gonna watch "Used Cars" later on tonight. That has a great line up of stars. I love when Tobey the Beagle pees on the welder's face to wake him up. :LOL:

• Like 1

Hard Times,

Yeah,

BTW,

Damn Son,

Gonna watch "Used Cars" later on tonight. That has a great line up of stars. I love when Tobey the Beagle pees on the welder's face to wake him up. :LOL:

That's a film I've never really watched properly. I've seen bits of it or a chunk of it loads of times and it was on TV here a few times about a month ago. I had it on with the sound off when i was doing something else and I sort of half followed it when I realised what it was. I'll have to watch it properly one of these days, I like Jack Warden and Kurt Russell.

Talking of Jack Warden did you ever see that one he was in with Andy Garcia and Christopher Walken? Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead? Christopher Lloyd and Treat Williams are in it too along with a bunch of other good guys like Steve Buscemi and William Forsythe.

• Like 2

Hard Times,

Yeah,

BTW,

Damn Son,

That's a film I've never really watched properly. I've seen bits of it or a chunk of it loads of times and it was on TV here a few times about a month ago. I had it on with the sound off when i was doing something else and I sort of half followed it when I realised what it was. I'll have to watch it properly one of these days, I like Jack Warden and Kurt Russell.

Talking of Jack Warden did you ever see that one he was in with Andy Garcia and Christopher Walken? Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead? Christopher Lloyd and Treat Williams are in it too along with a bunch of other good guys like Steve Buscemi and William Forsythe.

Yeah,

You have to watch it all the way through. Not sure about the movie you mentioned. I will look on youtube. It might ring a bell.

Hard Times,

Yeah,

BTW,

Damn Son,

Freaking love Used Cars.

Grudge Match

• Like 1

Hard Times,

Yeah,

BTW,

Damn Son,

Yeah,

You have to watch it all the way through. Not sure about the movie you mentioned. I will look on youtube. It might ring a bell.

Yeah check that one out it's a good one. :hail:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/Breakheart_Pass_1975.png

There's a lot of stars in this one all doing a nice job but the man who stole the film sporting a mega beard is Robert Tessier:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xb2tzHbD46I/UlWthHQDUHI/AAAAAAAAksM/hU5gvMpgSbY/s1600/vlcsnap-2011-07-09-17h14m03s116.png

Has there ever been a mightier bearded look than this? :o That beard is a beast!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Poster_of_Rio_Conchos_%281964_film%29.jpg

All I'll say about this one is it's excellent and Richard Boone is the MAN! :notworthy:

• Like 1