last movie you watched

sonicjams

Behind The Candelabra

Thanks to this movie every time I see Matt Damon I think of the scene where he's drilling Michael Douglas doggie. Douglas offers a "popper" to enhance the "experience".

Why couldn't they just leave that out? Really good movie otherwise.

Never mind the "popper", the thought of Matt Damon drilling Michael Douglas has totally put me right off watching this... :blink:

• Like 1

Behind The Candelabra

Thanks to this movie every time I see Matt Damon I think of the scene where he's drilling Michael Douglas doggie. Douglas offers a "popper" to enhance the "experience".

Never mind the "popper", the thought of Matt Damon drilling Michael Douglas has totally put me right off watching this... :blink:

I dunno why anyone would want to watch a film like this anyway, unless you're a die hard Liberace or Michael Douglas fan or something.

Behind The Candelabra

I dunno why anyone would want to watch a film like this anyway, unless you're a die hard Liberace or Michael Douglas fan or something.

Michael Douglas does have a pretty solid record as an actor. Also Liberace was an interesting entertainer according to my mom. People loved this man.

Amazing Spider-Man.

Thought it was ok when I saw it in the theater. Now, I'm not so sure. It's still better than Spider-Man 3 but there are too many little things that are bothersome: Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, the Doctor Connors character isn't very tragic/threatening/convincing, the secretive backstory of Peter's parents that's not even remotely revealed, no Spidey as pro-wrestler/entertainer bit, and Sally Field wasn't in a bigger role even though she was Aunt May

Even though I didn't like the actors they chose to play Parker and Mary Jane, (Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst kind of sucked) the Sam Raimi Spider-Man series is far, far better than this new reboot which is totally lame by comparison.

Dunst was crap as MJ. But I thought Maguire was decent in the first two. However, when Spidey one came out, I thought Wes Bentley would've been able to do something good as Peter/Spidey

Maguire was just too nerdy. I know Peter Parker starts out as a nerd but once he gets his spider powers he's a hero disguised as the nerd he used to be. Toby was still a nerd.

I hear you. And on the opposite spectrum, Garfield wasn't nerdy enough. I never felt sorry for him. Even his demeanor wasn't right. Also, he didn't portray 'genius' convincingly well in my opinion

Garfield is just wrong for the part and from what I've seen of him he's wrong for a lot of parts, maybe even the part of real life Andrew Garfield.

Social Network would like to have a word with you.

Behind The Candelabra

Uh, it got great reviews and has a great cast. Plus, Soderbergh is a decent director.

Amazing Spider-Man.

Thought it was ok when I saw it in the theater. Now, I'm not so sure. It's still better than Spider-Man 3 but there are too many little things that are bothersome: Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, the Doctor Connors character isn't very tragic/threatening/convincing, the secretive backstory of Peter's parents that's not even remotely revealed, no Spidey as pro-wrestler/entertainer bit, and Sally Field wasn't in a bigger role even though she was Aunt May

Even though I didn't like the actors they chose to play Parker and Mary Jane, (Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst kind of sucked) the Sam Raimi Spider-Man series is far, far better than this new reboot which is totally lame by comparison.

Dunst was crap as MJ. But I thought Maguire was decent in the first two. However, when Spidey one came out, I thought Wes Bentley would've been able to do something good as Peter/Spidey

Maguire was just too nerdy. I know Peter Parker starts out as a nerd but once he gets his spider powers he's a hero disguised as the nerd he used to be. Toby was still a nerd.

I hear you. And on the opposite spectrum, Garfield wasn't nerdy enough. I never felt sorry for him. Even his demeanor wasn't right. Also, he didn't portray 'genius' convincingly well in my opinion

Garfield is just wrong for the part and from what I've seen of him he's wrong for a lot of parts, maybe even the part of real life Andrew Garfield.

Social Network would like to have a word with you.

Never saw that. In Amazing Spider-Man, Garfield seemed pretty much the same character as he was in Lions for Lambs...which isn't Peter Parker. That guy may make the Dean's list but he ain't gonna build web shooters from scratch

Behind The Candelabra

Uh, it got great reviews and has a great cast. Plus, Soderbergh is a decent director.

Reviews can be be good or bad as a guide to whether you're going to enjoy a film or not. A great cast is only as good as the material it's performing. I've kind of seen enough of the real Liberace when he was alive tinkling the ivories, I don't really need to see Michael Douglas try and impersonate him. Not really been impressed with Sod so far, I can take him or leave him.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KOflIJ8kD1I/UZOQRntn2MI/AAAAAAAAD30/P-2iyUkjFOw/s1600/before_midnight.jpg

Great ending (so far) of the "before" trilogy. Delpy still hot. Raised a lot of questions. Plus, I wanna go to Greece!

I don't think I've seen Ethan Hawke in anything in at least 10 years. Don't see how that's possible since I like him

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KOflIJ8kD1I/UZOQRntn2MI/AAAAAAAAD30/P-2iyUkjFOw/s1600/before_midnight.jpg

Great ending (so far) of the "before" trilogy. Delpy still hot. Raised a lot of questions. Plus, I wanna go to Greece!

I don't think I've seen Ethan Hawke in anything in at least 10 years. Don't see how that's possible since I like him

The last thing I saw him in was Assault On Precinct 13 (2005)

The last thing I saw him in was Assault On Precinct 13 (2005)

Despite Hawke and Fishburne (both of whom I like) being in it, I kept from watching it because I really liked the original 70s version and I didn't want that image tarnished. If it makes sense, I probably would've seen it IF it starred 2 actors I didn't care about or if I didn't care about the original version. Example: the Total Recall remake...the Ahnold original was ok but nothing special AND I don't care about Colin Ferrell soooooo I ended up watching it

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Qfu_vN3F_Tk/TL6pA1ZX2nI/AAAAAAAAAX8/MIfgzFQQkUM/s1600/the-countess.jpg

I'm on a Julie Deply kick, there's no denying it...

Actually, I was expecting the Venom song before watching this one, or at least a blood fest (although Delpy directing seemed a little bit strange), instead it's a sinister, feminist take on the Countess of Blood, depicting her as a proto-feminist figure, albeit totally crazy... The blood is kept to a minimum, it's no horror flick. Great visuals and Delpy composes the music too. Is there anything she can't do?

Obsessed.

I don't care, I love Beyoncé. But this film was dreadful. Still...

Getting into the spirit of the holidays by watching one of the best Christmas movies.

http://abadeducation.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/die-hard-movie-poster-1020190925.jpg

• Like 1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Seven_%28movie%29_poster.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/Shockerposter.jpg

This might be the daftest thriller ever, a film that gets dafter and dafter as it goes along, but it's totally entertaining. And it features a virtuoso performance from Mitch Pileggi as a serial-killing TV repair man who gets the electric chair and as a result becomes a supernatural Freddy Kruger-style menace who uses electricity and TV's as his evil medium instead of dreams. There's a heavy metal soundtrack too featuring Megadeth, Paul Stanley, Vivian Campbell, Michael Anthony etc. Good stuff!

• Like 1

I watched two films with my friend yesterday:

Jack The Giant Slayer- like a stupid version of Lord Of The Rings with a dash of Princess Bride thrown in, this was fantastic. I expected to roll my eyes and yawn. Hysterical and utterly brilliant.

Silver Lining Playbook- I picked this. Nominated for Best Picture, Best Actor and winner of Best Actress, and being a comedy drama which largely gets overlooked by the academy, and being a genre I often really enjoy, this was gonna be awesome.

Only it wasn't. It sucked. Its depressing, and having grown up with mentally challenged family members and having sufferd from a nervous breakdown myself when still a teen, this often came across as one dimensional and the script left a lot to be desired. Since when is saying the f word a thousand times worthy of being counted as high art?

Still...any film with Jennifer Lawrence jumping up and down so her jelly pads wobble is fine by me. For that alone, mmmm...but I hated it. I loved her though. I also thought her performance was intense and believable. The rest stank. Aside from Robert Dinero. But is he ever off form?

Edited by Segue Myles