I think we just had a mild earthquake!!!

sullysue

I was sitting here quietly on the couch about 20-30 minutes ago, and I felt it start to sway! At first, I thought NAHH... couldn't be a tremor. But, looking at facebook, I'm not the only one who felt it! Nothing big, but weird nonetheless. And, we've been having more and more of these things the past couple of years. There was a 5.2 magnitude in Oklahoma today, too. wacko.gif

I know you West Coasters are going to snicker at this. But, this IS NOT normal for us. unsure.gif

I experienced a small quake (5.5 mag) about 30 years ago, in Northern Kentucky. Very rare.

I still have fond memories of sitting in the living room, watching TV, and then feeling the shaking EVERYWHERE...... I looked at my mother and we both said "WOW...." ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 5 2011, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 5 2011, 11:25 PM)
The BIG one is due...

Look out...

ph34r.gif

But, in TEXAS?!?

I told you about the other quakes we've had. It makes me nervous. scared.gif

Apparently they're happening all over America at the moment and earlier in the day and in the week...

Shake Rattle and Roll.... the earth is moving under your feet..

As the east and mid sections keep moving a little it moves everything and the west is due to move. I grew up out there and have been in many large ones, here we don't have them, however, I am going to tie a few things down, a 5.anything would break a lot of stuff here.

Stay Safe....

This is just the beginning..there's gonna be some big quakes (7's-8's

and maybe 9's mag.,on the west coast and central US.) within the next yr. or two, according to the experts. Get prepared, peeps..it's gonna be one rough/wild ride.

ohmy.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Nov 6 2011, 06:53 PM)
This is just the beginning..there's gonna be some big quakes (7's-8's
and maybe 9's mag.,on the west coast and central US.) within the next yr. or two, according to the experts. Get prepared, peeps..it's gonna be one rough/wild ride.

ohmy.gif  sad.gif

yes.gif

Being from Quake country I am starting to tie things down like we did in Calif and I'm in Colo. I got all kind of things we do to try and keep stuff in place during the shaking...

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Nov 8 2011, 07:18 AM)
USGS Report: Link Between Fracking and Oklahoma Earthquakes sad.gif
confused13.gif
Fracking and Oklahoma

I live in gas and oil country and they did frack in a well near me and my water has never been the same, yes we are on well water.

THIS is what I've been saying since we've had quakes near us in North Texas. I've lived here since '76. Not a single anything until they started the drilling. Our neighborhood has been holding out against drilling under us. We've wanted to see what the impact would be in the long term. I guess we might have our answer, and I'm glad we didn't all just jump at the money.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 8 2011, 10:36 AM)
The end is near... atickhum.gif

I'm not quite so optimistic as you.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 8 2011, 10:18 AM)
confused13.gif
Fracking and Oklahoma

I live in gas and oil country and they did frack in a well near me and my water has never been the same, yes we are on well water.

THIS is what I've been saying since we've had quakes near us in North Texas. I've lived here since '76. Not a single anything until they started the drilling. Our neighborhood has been holding out against drilling under us. We've wanted to see what the impact would be in the long term. I guess we might have our answer, and I'm glad we didn't all just jump at the money.

They are pushing hydro-fracking here in NYS. Sounds like this type of data would help as a deterrent.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Nov 8 2011, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 8 2011, 10:18 AM)
confused13.gif
Fracking and Oklahoma

They are pushing hydro-fracking here in NYS. Sounds like this type of data would help as a deterrent.

Yeah. Unfortunately, a lot of people are being swayed by the money to sell the gas and mineral rights to their property. I'm not gonna fall for it! I hope my neighbors to do same. We may shake a little every once in a while, but you won't see us fall into a big abyss created from screwing with the earth's crust!