Time Machine full DVD... SPOILER !

Phantom

I'm really disappointed to learn that the " I love you man " outtro video is not on the DVD... not even in the extra's. The closing video was not only hilarious, it was the perfect close to the concert.

I have no idea why they wouldn't include it, other than perhaps royalties/copyright issues? confused13.gif

I'd love to know how they arrived at the decision not to include it.

It's possible that it was due to copyright issues with the people who own the trademark for "I Love you Man". I would imagine they own the characters too and since they were used in the video they would have to be licensed.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Oct 28 2011, 09:08 AM)
I'm really disappointed to learn that the " I love you man " outtro video is not on the DVD... not even in the extra's. The closing video was not only hilarious, it was the perfect close to the concert.

I have no idea why they wouldn't include it, other than perhaps royalties/copyright issues? confused13.gif

I too was bummed when I heard about it. At least it's online. . . :\

Though it's not the end of the world, it is more than a bit of an irritant for me. I'd have thought that all things being equal, the band would want the DVD to be a full representation of what the entire concert was.... as a keepsake not only for those who attended the shows, by also for those who missed it. The outro was the perfect ending to the concert in my opinion.

Given the importance of short films that the guys have so often said is something they LOVE doing, I have no idea why they'd omit it.

The original release of R30 ( with some songs omitted ) also left me scratching my head.

Might the omission have been as a result of not enough space left on the DVD?

I wonder who makes these decisions?

Who cares about those little funny videos. Rush's music is serious, don't let that spoiled by videos. We have enough videos during the concert who is 3 hours, they should also think of remove those back screen videos forever comp26.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Oct 28 2011, 02:08 PM)

Taste?

QUOTE (RUDT @ Oct 30 2011, 04:59 AM)
Who cares about those little funny videos. Rush's music is serious, don't let that spoiled by videos. We have enough videos during the concert who is 3 hours, they should also think of remove those back screen videos forever comp26.gif

Because nothing says serious like I Think I'm Going Bald

QUOTE (RUDT @ Oct 30 2011, 07:59 AM)

Most Rush music IS serious, but the band themselves have a sense of humor, and I like that they go out of their way to show it. Sometimes their funny videos get a little corny, but sometimes they bring a smile. The guys enjoy producing those little skits, and most people seem to appreciate the effort.

QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ Oct 31 2011, 05:36 PM)
Though I am not certain, it's probably because they were only paid for the video to be shown at the concerts. It is likely they did not agree to future broadcasts without compensation. As famous actors, their likenesses are worth something. It's just business.

That seems like the most likely reason of all. Makes sense to me. Too bad though.... it was the perfect ending to the concert.

QUOTE (RUDT @ Oct 30 2011, 06:59 AM)

tell us how you really feel broseph!

i agree! laugh.gif

I was overjoyed myself, but then I didn't like it in the first place. (Still have not even seen the movie.)

That aside, I though what they replaced it with was a lot better and now people can enjoy both if they so choose.

I thought "I Still Love You, Man" was eminently hilarious, quotable, and a perfect ending to the show (and I should know, having watched it 12 times in person and countless times online laugh.gif). . . the version of "CTTH" done by the Gershon's regulars was cute, but isn't really up my alley. Ged looks quite cute singing in that accent with the mustache/monocle, though. But, hey, opinions, man. . .

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 30 2011, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (RUDT @ Oct 30 2011, 07:59 AM)

Most Rush music IS serious, but the band themselves have a sense of humor, and I like that they go out of their way to show it. Sometimes their funny videos get a little corny, but sometimes they bring a smile. The guys enjoy producing those little skits, and most people seem to appreciate the effort.

I first saw Rush on the Moving Pictures tour, and have always loved the odd ball video clips they weave into the show. I also think that, unlike a lot of people that aren't professional actors, they actually do a decent enough job acting in the clips. Alex in particular.

What a shame that " Union " issues and " Screen Actors Guild " issues made it impossible for Rush to include it on the DVD.

I'm glad though that at least Alex was able to confirm why it is that it wasn't included on the dvd.