Why do you shave your legs?

Mr. Not

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Nov 9 2011, 11:23 AM)
Underarms...same skin condition (Hidradenitis suppurativa if you must know) affected this area. The hair follicles were removed, I no longer have to shave there! Ha! Jealous? Dont be, the physcial scars left behind have caused emotional ones, as I am so super self concious about them. Same scars in the nether region. Its awful really and I know those who love me and visit those areas are cool, but I'll never be truly comfortable with it.

I have some body issues too and so I can understand about being self-conscious about things. I don't have patience for people who can't be understanding. I like it when people are cool with different bodies looking different. And stuff.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Nov 9 2011, 11:23 AM)
So there you have it...really guys, thank you for sharing. Such a sensitive issue, and you made it easier to kinda deal. xo

smile.gif I thought everything you wrote was awesome. smile.gif

QUOTE (Transylvania Twist @ Nov 10 2011, 05:49 PM)
It's been quite a long time since I ventured into LadyLand here to see what's on the mind of the beautiful fem-fetales of TRF and when I saw this thread I knew it wouldn't take too long for someone to ask the male side of things.

One of my nick-names in middle school/high school was Ape so that should give you a good visual right there... laugh.gif

I shave my back as soon as the weather starts warming back up definitely and from time to time during the winter. As far as nether-regions I trim the landscaping every couple of weeks and shave the shaft pretty much every day, balls a couple times a week. I tried shaving everything down south once but with all of the other hair on my legs/chest (which I think look good) it just looked completely out of place.

My husband once had a roommate named Cliff.

Cliff was hands-down the hairiest person I have ever seen. When he got in the pool, it looked as if someone had thrown a bathmat in there.

One morning I went to go and pick up my (future) husband for a road race. It was still pitch dark, and as I pulled up to the house I saw the newspaper rise up off the sidewalk and kind of float into the house. It was quite eerie, and I might have been freaked out if my husband hadn't already told me that Cliff had a habit of going out naked to retrieve the paper.

Yes, he was so damn hairy you could not see him in the dark. Freaky. But he was a nice guy.

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 17 2011, 09:18 AM)
It's been quite a long time since I ventured into LadyLand here to see what's on the mind of the beautiful fem-fetales of TRF and when I saw this thread I knew it wouldn't take too long for someone to ask the male side of things.

One of my nick-names in middle school/high school was Ape so that should give you a good visual right there... laugh.gif

I shave my back as soon as the weather starts warming back up definitely and from time to time during the winter.  As far as nether-regions I trim the landscaping every couple of weeks and shave the shaft pretty much every day, balls a couple times a week.  I tried shaving everything down south once but with all of the other hair on my legs/chest (which I think look good) it just looked completely out of place.

Cliff was hands-down the hairiest person I have ever seen. When he got in the pool, it looked as if someone had thrown a bathmat in there.

One morning I went to go and pick up my (future) husband for a road race. It was still pitch dark, and as I pulled up to the house I saw the newspaper rise up off the sidewalk and kind of float into the house. It was quite eerie, and I might have been freaked out if my husband hadn't already told me that Cliff had a habit of going out naked to retrieve the paper.

Yes, he was so damn hairy you could not see him in the dark. Freaky. But he was a nice guy.

omg... laugh.gif

It drives me crazy to have hairy legs!! lol

fun fact: one time I nicked my ankle so bad, I shaved a chunk of flesh off. not skin- flesh. said chunk was stuck in the razor. I bled like a biotch!!!!!

QUOTE (hobo73 @ Nov 19 2011, 05:36 AM)

fun fact: one time I nicked my ankle so bad, I shaved a chunk of flesh off. not skin- flesh. said chunk was stuck in the razor. I bled like a biotch!!!!!

hug2.gif Owww.., I feel your pain..! hug2.gif

QUOTE (hobo73 @ Nov 18 2011, 10:36 PM)

Yikes!!!! ohmy.gif

It's weird, isn't it, how much a simple nick (not like yours but a small one) can bleed like a mutha? unsure.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Nov 19 2011, 04:51 AM)

Yikes!!!! ohmy.gif

It's weird, isn't it, how much a simple nick (not like yours but a small one) can bleed like a mutha? unsure.gif

I'm bad to cut the dickens out of my Achilles tendon areas. The worst is that I usually don't even notice it until I've tracked bloody footprints all over the house.

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 21 2011, 08:47 AM)

Yikes!!!! ohmy.gif

I'm bad to cut the dickens out of my Achilles tendon areas. The worst is that I usually don't even notice it until I've tracked bloody footprints all over the house.

I always get my knee. Then it scabs over a bit, but then I sit down and break it open.

angry.gif

QUOTE (-Jane- @ Nov 21 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 21 2011, 08:47 AM)

Yikes!!!! ohmy.gif

I always get my knee. Then it scabs over a bit, but then I sit down and break it open.

angry.gif

Been there, done those..! (ow...)

What does everyone think about Nair or its counterparts? I like it generally, but it leaves a weird slippery film on my skin that's near impossible to scrape off. . .

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Nov 25 2011, 05:04 PM)
What does everyone think about Nair or its counterparts? I like it generally, but it leaves a weird slippery film on my skin that's near impossible to scrape off. . .

I've used it, but it doesn't quite get the hair off (unless I leave it on long enough to burn my skin), and the smell is pretty tough to get past. My boyfriend especially hates it...he can smell it forever after I've used it.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 26 2011, 04:10 PM)

I've used it, but it doesn't quite get the hair off (unless I leave it on long enough to burn my skin), and the smell is pretty tough to get past. My boyfriend especially hates it...he can smell it forever after I've used it.

The smell. Oh gawd, the SMELL D: I haven't used it in forever so I forgot about that nasty aspect of it. . .

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Nov 26 2011, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 26 2011, 04:10 PM)

The smell. Oh gawd, the SMELL D: I haven't used it in forever so I forgot about that nasty aspect of it. . .

Yeah I think I covered this earlier in the thread when I was talking about immac/veet. Yeah and ugh it smells like essence of dead rodent or something.

wacko.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 26 2011, 07:16 PM)
Yeah I think I covered this earlier in the thread when I was talking about immac/veet. Yeah and ugh it smells like essence of dead rodent or something.

wacko.gif

Appy-polly-loggies. I didn't feel like searching seven pages of discussion on the topic eh.gif

But yes, that's quite an accurate description of it z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Nov 26 2011, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 26 2011, 07:16 PM)

wacko.gif

Appy-polly-loggies. I didn't feel like searching seven pages of discussion on the topic eh.gif

But yes, that's quite an accurate description of it z7shysterical.gif

Aye...

biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 17 2011, 10:18 AM)

I shave my back as soon as the weather starts warming back up definitely and from time to time during the winter.  As far as nether-regions I trim the landscaping every couple of weeks and shave the shaft pretty much every day, balls a couple times a week.  I tried shaving everything down south once but with all of the other hair on my legs/chest (which I think look good) it just looked completely out of place.

I'm somewhat jealous. Just think of what you could do with all that hair!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 26 2011, 07:24 PM)
Aye...

biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif

How's it hangin' this fine evening? new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I thank God I am a redhead - very little body hair. Nothing on my arms and face (except a few freckles).

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 26 2011, 08:44 PM)
Oh and I like the Permanent Waves Kelly D avatar...

laugh.gif 1022.gif

Heehee! Thank you! A product of an ex-boyfriend's doing- massively talented graphic designer!

Back to the topic at hand (for a change): I notice that shaving reduces the amount of ingrown hairs caused by not enough exfoliation. Too bad it's such a pain in the ass. . .