Neil Peart an autistic savant?

Cstoliker

Anyone elce think Neil may a slight autistic savant?

Think about it: socially recluse, reads all the time, has a super human ability and even experiences Synesthesia (sees geometric shapes) while playing.

Just a theory. Possibley the "Rain man" of drums.

Edited by Cstoliker

I doubt it. He doesn't have a "super human ability" (there are many drummers who are technically better than Neil who don't have autistic traits) and I've never heard of him having synthesthesia. I think he's just a quiet guy who keeps to himself and enjoys reading.

I don't know if I'd call him socially recluse. From what I've read through his own words, he enjoys being with people and having close friendships, and that sort of thing. That's just the impression I get. It's the whole stranger aspect that strikes a bit of a wrong chord with him, maybe.

Furthermore he's worked really hard to get to where he is now. Does he have natural talent? I have no doubt of it. But I believe it was primarily tons of hard work and hours of practice that made him such a good percussionist.

I guess the humor is lost on Rush fans. sad.gif

I know he got where is is by hard work and dedication. Don't take everything so serious.

He talks about Synesthesia on one of his Drumchannel.com master class videos.

And yes there are drummers who are faster, more technically proficient or accurate, but none (in my humble opinion) as accomplished in every aspect (alive)

QUOTE (Cstoliker @ Oct 8 2011, 09:51 PM)

I know he got where is is by hard work and dedication. Don't take everything so serious.

And yes there are drummers who are faster, more technically proficient or accurate, but none (in my humble opinion) as accomplished in every aspect (alive)

No you're being a dickhead.

I hate pussies like you who say something stupid and then pretend that they were joking.

Man up.

QUOTE (Cstoliker @ Oct 8 2011, 03:14 PM)
Anyone elce think Neil may a slight autistic savant?
Think about it: socially recluse, reads all the time, has a super human ability and even experiences Synesthesia (sees geometric shapes) while playing.

Just a theory. Possibley the "Rain man" of drums.

No.

QUOTE (Cstoliker @ Oct 8 2011, 04:51 PM)

Humor is most definitely not lost on Rush fans. If this is what you consider humor, then your sense of humor blows.

Tony's response to you was worded a bit harshly (the namecalling wasn't necessary), but he's right. Don't change your stance and say you were joking once you see your serious post getting bad responses. Not only can Rush fans spot humor, they can spot phonies as well.

Welcome to TRF, by the way.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Oct 8 2011, 06:45 PM)
"I'm an excellent drummer. Very fast on the drumkit. Cymbals crash. Qantas never crashed."

NeilFinal.gif

Lets stop this.

We have board members with children with Autism, we should not make it the subject of jokes or the subject of clever explanations of Neil Pearts behavior (as if he or we would not know he was disabled in that way).

This is a shitty thread - sorry folks, don't want to be a sanctimonious dick, but this should just stop.