Worst snub by the R&R Hall of Shame besides Rush

driventotheedge

Which ONE of these artists is the biggest snub by the Hall of Shame?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which ONE of these artists is the biggest snub by the Hall of Shame?

• Jethro Tull
    • The Moody Blues
    • Yes
    • Electric Light Orchestra
    • Stevie Ray Vaughan
    • Judas Priest
    • Joe Cocker
    • King Crimson
    • The Doobie Bros.
    • The Steve Miller Band
    • Iron Maiden
    • Chicago
    • Bon Jovi
    • Deep Purple
    • Supertramp
    • Hall & Oates
    • Other (please comment)

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 2 2011, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 2 2011, 05:27 PM)
King Crimson. They should be in before Rush since they practically invented prog rock.

I didn't see KC in the list, yeah they should be in there...

King Crimson were mega-influential. The difference from album to album is astonishing. An obvious choice for many of us, but I imagine many on the RRHOF nominating committee would just go, "WHO???"

QUOTE (Tony R @ Oct 2 2011, 05:37 PM)
The only one on that list that is a genuine legend is SRV.

Honestly, the whole SRV thing just completely passes me by. I mentioned this one time and people loaded me down with youtube videos. I thought he was a great blues guitarist, but I guess I'm not that into that kind of blues? I guess it seemed kind of middle of the road to me. Anyway, I still don't get it, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be in.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 2 2011, 05:51 PM)

Honestly, the whole SRV thing just completely passes me by. I mentioned this one time and people loaded me down with youtube videos. I thought he was a great blues guitarist, but I guess I'm not that into that kind of blues? I guess it seemed kind of middle of the road to me. Anyway, I still don't get it, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be in.

All a matter of taste bro and I get that. I'm not huge on Yes though I greatly appreciate the level of talent and musicianship (brilliant) and I strongly believe they should be in.

For me SRV's one of the all-timers. But then I dig blues rock.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Oct 2 2011, 06:33 PM)

All a matter of taste bro and I get that. I'm not huge on Yes though I greatly appreciate the level of talent and musicianship (brilliant) and I strongly believe they should be in.

My idea of great bluesy rock is Taj Mahal. wub.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 2 2011, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Oct 2 2011, 06:33 PM)

My idea of great bluesy rock is Taj Mahal. wub.gif

I hope you can dance then...

Taj Mahal has said he prefers to do outdoor performances, saying: "The music was designed for people to move, and it's a bit difficult after a while to have people sitting like they're watching television. That's why I like to play outdoor festivals-because people will just dance. Theatre audiences need to ask themselves: 'What the hell is going on? We're asking these musicians to come and perform and then we sit there and draw all the energy out of the air.' That's why after a while I need a rest. It's too much of a drain. Often I don't allow that. I just play to the goddess of music-and I know she's dancing."

QUOTE (sco703 @ Oct 3 2011, 12:23 AM)
What's wrong with a band being progressive? Are there really no progressive bands in the RRHOF?

It all comes down to the Blues. Rock music came from the Blues. A lot of Prog comes from Classical/Jazz style influence. A lot of Rock n Roll " purists", like the Hall committee members, HATE that.

3 chords and the truth...

Edited by Xanadoood

How did you remember to put H &O on your list and not Kiss ? 1287.gif

KISS...

And, if the RARHOF ends up inducting Guns N Roses (on the merit of 3 albums) or Donna Summer before KISS, the ridiculousness of the long Black Sabbath snub will have been eclipsed exponentially.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Oct 2 2011, 05:32 PM)
Say what you want about the band, but Duran Duran should be in there.

Speaking of the aforementioned Roxy, this band and many new wavers wouldn't exist without them.

Yeah, their 1st 2 or 3 albums are good. Listened to their debut yesterday. Love how goth influenced Rhodes' synths are on the album compared to the more dreamy sounds on their later stuff.