Nightwish

physics23

They did the usual shorter version of Greatest Show. They begin the song at the soft part before the narration. Which I think is at about the four and a half to five minute mark of the studio recording. They play it all the way up to the we were here part. They then leave the stage and more of the narration parts are played over the speakers. The band then comes out for a final bow.

Tuomas is the happiest I've ever seen him live on this tour. I think he finally has the band that he really wants now and it's bringing him so much joy. I've never seen him smile so much as he did at this show.

• Like 1

They did the usual shorter version of Greatest Show. They begin the song at the soft part before the narration. Which I think is at about the four and a half to five minute mark of the studio recording. They play it all the way up to the we were here part. They then leave the stage and more of the narration parts are played over the speakers. The band then comes out for a final bow.

Tuomas is the happiest I've ever seen him live on this tour. I think he finally has the band that he really wants now and it's bringing him so much joy. I've never seen him smile so much as he did at this show.

That's what I sensed at Wembley.

I actually thought he had the whole "tortured poet" act down pat, but then after seeing him happy, I realised for all these years it wasn't an act, and when the opportunity arose, he lightens up!

Not sure why that song didn't make it on to DPP? I usually don't pay attention to b-sides and bonus tracks but Escapist was definitely album worthy.

I honestly love most of the b-sides.

Sorta Nightwish related. I was going somewhere in the car and listening to Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beatiful through my earphones. When Elan came on i was looking out of the window and saw a large white owl :D fly across the road.

Kind of related if you've seen the video :)

Sorta Nightwish related. I was going somewhere in the car and listening to Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beatiful through my earphones. When Elan came on i was looking out of the window and saw a large white owl :D fly across the road.

Kind of related if you've seen the video :)

Owls have always been a big part of Nightwish's image and artwork! Awesome!

Should be a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still recovering from the awesome glory of Wembley's show!

Nightwish is always epic live. The special magic and beauty that makes up their songs is amplified a thousand times live. Glad you liked the show. There is no way a Nightwish can't enjoy seeing them play.

It looks like you got a good set at your show too.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nightwish/2016/city-national-civic-san-jose-ca-13f0f509.html

Anyone here aside from me a fan of Tuomas Holopainen's solo album?

I thought it was going to be embarrassing but I find it to be one of the most beautiful and ambient symphonic music (not metal) releases in years!

Anyone have any good pics from Nightwish 3-11-16

No, you're the only one on here who went.

WoW

Sorry if I came off as rude with that comment. That wasn't my intention. But from the way it looks, you're the only fan on this board who attended this particular show. The best place to try and find if there are any good pics from the show would be to check out the official Nightwish fan forum. There's a good chance you'll find something on it.

WoW

Sorry if I came off as rude with that comment. That wasn't my intention. But from the way it looks, you're the only fan on this board who attended this particular show. The best place to try and find if there are any good pics from the show would be to check out the official Nightwish fan forum. There's a good chance you'll find something on it.

No I didn't take it like that, I was shocked at maybe I was the only one. Well my buddy is a TRF guy but he was next to me and the seats were not the best to take pics. Im so used to all the great Rush fans in posting pics!! Im new to Nightwish and Im hooked. Im also a little mad at myself for now just discovering them. If there is one good thing about Rush not touring etc! is I have now finally started to open up to new music. Would you be able to point me in right direction on the fan forum thing I looked and could not find anything. Thanks again.

WoW

No I didn't take it like that, I was shocked at maybe I was the only one. Well my buddy is a TRF guy but he was next to me and the seats were not the best to take pics. Im so used to all the great Rush fans in posting pics!! Im new to Nightwish and Im hooked. Im also a little mad at myself for now just discovering them. If there is one good thing about Rush not touring etc! is I have now finally started to open up to new music. Would you be able to point me in right direction on the fan forum thing I looked and could not find anything. Thanks again.

I found the forum thanks

So, has anybody picked up the Endless Forms Most Beautiful Tour Edition??

Besides the CD it also has a DVD with live versions of:

1. Your is an Empty Hope

2. Stargazers

3. Planet Hell

4. Last of the Wilds

5. Storytime

6. Arabesque

7. Last Ride of the Day

Plus it also has a documentary on the making of the albums.

Just got it today but will not get to watch it till Sunday. Can't wait!!!

Anybody else get this?? How are the live versions??

• Like 1

So, has anybody picked up the Endless Forms Most Beautiful Tour Edition??

Besides the CD it also has a DVD with live versions of:

1. Your is an Empty Hope

2. Stargazers

3. Planet Hell

4. Last of the Wilds

5. Storytime

6. Arabesque

7. Last Ride of the Day

Plus it also has a documentary on the making of the albums.

Just got it today but will not get to watch it till Sunday. Can't wait!!!

Anybody else get this?? How are the live versions??

Yes. I bought mine from the merchant desk after the gig in Wembley. Really good performances and the sound is good as well! You also get all the making of documentaries they uploaded onto YouTube. For a fan like me, it was great!

I am glad I bought this album twice. I have two versions of the album, plus the DVD and I like the tour edition artwork.

This video from Download just makes me so happy for some reason...

All I could think of was WOW SHE SOUNDS PERFECT!

And his dancing...it's like watching me listen to Slayer!