1974 concert cd release

tel

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 29 2011, 03:34 PM)
I've ordered my copy of this...

trink38.gif

You should have just downloaded the Fifth Order of Angels boot. confused13.gif

Either way you'll like it, because in 1974, Rush were METAL!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 29 2011, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 29 2011, 03:34 PM)
I've ordered my copy of this...

trink38.gif

You should have just downloaded the Fifth Order of Angels boot. confused13.gif

Either way you'll like it, because in 1974, Rush were METAL!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif

Aye...

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 29 2011, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 21 2011, 06:59 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 21 2011, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (tel @ Aug 28 2011, 02:42 PM)
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/best-alex-lifeson-rush-songs/

Wow, what a complete joke that list is.

No disagreement there. It said this in the profile about Matt Wardlaw (the writer of that article): "Matt enjoys...Cherone-era Van Halen and driving long distances to Night Ranger concerts." That says a lot.

laugh.gif

The Seeker is #1. yeah ok.

I had this on tape years ago. No clue where it is. If I had to choose between this and TM live, I'm going into a Time Machine back to 1974. 1022.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Oct 25 2011, 01:51 PM)
I had this on tape years ago. No clue where it is. If I had to choose between this and TM live, I'm going into a Time Machine back to 1974. 1022.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif

You're gonna get both aren't you?

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 25 2011, 06:21 PM)
Ok I have my copy of this! Looks good!

This will be the METAL album of the year!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Me too! Can't wait to hear it!

I got my copy today. Unfortunately it's been sourced from MP3 files. angry.gif

Check out these waveforms comparing it to a lossless copy of the 5th Order of Angels boot of the same show.

Waveforms from Rush ABC 1974. The frequency cut-off at 16kHz is a dead give-away for MP3 sourced files.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/BaldiePete/rushabcspectral.jpg

Waveforms from my lossless copy of 5th Order Of Angels. There is no 16kHz cut-off and the frequencies go right up to 22kHz

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/BaldiePete/5thorderspectral.jpg

Interested as to where y'all got your copies. I received an e-mail from Amazon the other day, saying the order had been cancelled, as Amazon was unable to get any copies from their supplier.

Peace,

Ron

I had pre-ordered this from Amazon and got the following email from them the other day.

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Rush "ABC 1974"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LCECU6

We've cancelled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience.

Please visit the product detail pages above to see if these items are available from other sellers.

If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

QUOTE (grand phil-nale @ Oct 25 2011, 09:19 PM)
I had pre-ordered this from Amazon and got the following email from them the other day.

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Rush "ABC 1974"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LCECU6

We've cancelled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience.

Please visit the product detail pages above to see if these items are available from other sellers.

If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

I would just search and download the 5th Order of Angels boot. Get a lossless version if you care about quality. Free, awesome, and instant gratification. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Oct 25 2011, 08:18 PM)
Interested as to where y'all got your copies. I received an e-mail from Amazon the other day, saying the order had been cancelled, as Amazon was unable to get any copies from their supplier.

Peace,
Ron

but i bought it just yesterday on amazon so why they still touting it? sad.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Oct 26 2011, 04:08 AM)
QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Oct 25 2011, 08:18 PM)
Interested as to where y'all got your copies.  I received an e-mail from Amazon the other day, saying the order had been cancelled, as Amazon was unable to get any copies from their supplier.

Peace,
Ron

but i bought it just yesterday on amazon so why they still touting it? sad.gif

Tel,

I think the difference is that now, only the secondary sellers show up on Amazon, whereas the previous offer was to buy from them directly.

I still think this is basically a bootleg that slipped through the cracks, which has been known to happen on Amazon from time to time.

Ron

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 25 2011, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Oct 25 2011, 01:51 PM)
I had this on tape years ago.  No clue where it is.  If I had to choose between this and TM live, I'm going into a Time Machine back to 1974. 1022.gif  trink39.gif  cool10.gif

You're gonna get both aren't you?

trink38.gif

Honestly, I probably won't buy either. Since it appears the '74 release isn't official, I guess I'll try to download the bootleg version (apparently getting hte same thing). If the '74 show ever becomes official, I will definately get it.

I wasn't blown away with the TM show so I doubt I will get it. I've watched the VH1 Classic version a few times. If the DVD has some extra goodies I may change my mind.

With a DVD every tour nowdays, I'm not as compelled to get them. I don't have S&A live, but that is the only one I haven't bought.

WHATS NOT TO LIKE?.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track Listings

1. Finding My Way

2. The Best I Can

3. Need Some Love

4. In The End

5. Fancy Dancer

6. In The Mood

7. Bad Boy

8. Here Again

9. Working Man

10. Drum Solo

11. What Youre Doing

12. Garden Road

13. Anthem

14. Beneath, Between & Behind

15. Fly By Night

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Description

CD Description

The history of the ever mighty Rush goes back to 1968 when the group first got together, but it was not until 1974 that the band proper with Neal Peart joining Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson to make for the line-up we have known and loved ever since came to the fore. Peart joined just two weeks before Rush s first US tour and it was during this American jaunt that the guys played the infamous Agora Ballroom, Cleveland - a venue at which the group would go onto play numerous more shows during their formative years. At their 1974 booking however, radio station WMMS radio was on hand to broadcast the whole event across the airwaves and thus make this particular gig a somewhat notorious event as well as being Rush s very first radio broadcast. The set played by the group that hot August evening in America s dark industrial underbelly, includes songs from their debut album, Rush, and features two early versions of cuts from their sophomore record, Fly by Night. The show also contained a cover of Larry Williams Bad Boy a 1950s rocker and no mistake - plus incredibly, two excellent tracks that have never been released on any previous Rush release; the super-rare Fancy Dancer and Garden Road , both composed in their very earliest incarnation before Neal Peart was on board. The package is completed by three bonus tracks from their second US broadcast, back at the ABC a year later, and again courtesy of their by then long time champions, WMMR Cleveland. All three songs from the 75 set originated on Fly By Night. This rare recording is now available legitimately for the first time and with de-luxe packaging, designed with the collector in mind, will prove a must have item for Rush s enormous army of fans still fighting the cause well over 40 years into a quite marvellous career.

QUOTE (tel @ Oct 26 2011, 07:22 AM)
"This rare recording is now available legitimately for the first time and..."

Except that it's not legitimate.

This company is selling a bootleg. That's all this is! The band isn't seeing a dime, nobody even related to the band has any say in this thing. The cover art isn't from the time period of the recording, the audio appears to be sourced from MP3's...

Why anyone would still be considering spending money on this is beyond me. Save yourself some money: download the Fifth Order of Angels bootleg (which is what this CD is), print out your own artwork and put it in an empty CD case. There. Just saved you $20 or however much these scammers are charging.

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Oct 26 2011, 12:21 PM)
Another question to Baldie Pete or whoever else has received a copy...does the disc appear to be a silver pressed CD.  Or is it a CDR with a fancy label?

Peace,
Ron

It's a silver.

It's packaged OK for a cheapo release. Standard jewel case in a cardboard slip case, all with the same picture (as pointed out, from the wrong era) with Alex and Geddy both playing double necks.

I'll put up some scans.