Worst of the Best 13

An Enemy Without

QUOTE (Life is Just the Candle @ Jul 10 2011, 10:01 AM)
This is like picking your least favorite child... banghead.gif

yes.gif fists crying.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/disappointed/pouty.gif Gah! My two favourites have the most votes Edited by Your_Lion

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 10 2011, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jul 10 2011, 10:18 PM)
As painful as it is, I went with Xanadu. sad.gif

Why does Hemispheres have so much? confused13.gif

Oh well, we all have our opinions.  yes.gif

Oh, and An Enemy Without, maybe you should star a new game after this one is finished. Possibly best of the hidden gems? I enjoy these elimination games, as painful as it is now. tongue.gif

I was planning on doing something like that. Hidden gems would be hard to find though. They are hidden after all.

I don't want to reveal my idea in case somebody steals it. However, this runs the risk of someone unwittingly using my idea, in which case I can't rightfully blame them for it. So yeah, I'll tell you, and if you steal my idea, I hope you feel all the guilt in the world. smile.gif

But, knowing the lighthearted joking nature of many of the people on the board, they may steal it anyways just to mess with me. So, it will be a surprise after all.

(Sorry! tongue.gif )

How about a "Worst Of The Best" poll that ultimately selects the worst song of the best songs, rather than the best song of the best songs?

Because it's a little tedious.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 12 2011, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 12 2011, 12:31 PM)

How exactly?

It repeats itself without changing the arrangement, and it has a trite, obvious lyrical theme.

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Jul 12 2011, 03:05 PM)

How exactly?

It repeats itself without changing the arrangement, and it has a trite, obvious lyrical theme.

I wouldn't call it repetitive or tedious but I prefer the ideas and the story in 2112 (the Fountain too for that matter). Also for me Overture beats Prelude and Soliloquy/Grand Finale blows away the conclusion of Hemispheres.

How exactly?

Really? That sounds a lot like you're talking about Xanadu.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 12 2011, 08:29 PM)

How exactly?

Really? That sounds a lot like you're talking about Xanadu.

I think the issue with Hemispheres is, and dont get me wrong its great, but nitpicking here, a lot of parts are repeated. If you have like an 18 minute song or whatever it is, to keep revisiting the same parts many times makes it feel like a bit of a chore to listen to sometimes.

But you're right though, Xanadu is just 1 normal length song where they literally play that 1 song again, and paste them together. Camera Eye is like this too. Kind of a cheap way to make a long song, but they liked doing it I guess.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 13 2011, 09:12 AM)
but those conceptual pieces do that. That's the way they're arranged. 2112 overture hits on a lot of stuff that is repeated musically throughout the rest of the song

You take Tommy and there's repetition throughout that album. The Wall, Relayer, Close to the Edge, etc all do this

There's a difference between revisiting a theme and literally repeating a quarter or so of the song.

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Jul 13 2011, 10:15 AM)
but those conceptual pieces do that. That's the way they're arranged. 2112 overture hits on a lot of stuff that is repeated musically throughout the rest of the song

You take Tommy and there's repetition throughout that album. The Wall, Relayer, Close to the Edge, etc all do this

There's a difference between revisiting a theme and literally repeating a quarter or so of the song.

How about playing a song, then repeating it with minor lyrical changes (I'm looking at you, Xanadu).

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Jul 13 2011, 11:15 AM)

are you referring to the camera eye and jacob's ladder?

QUOTE (CutToTheBass @ Jul 10 2011, 05:38 PM)
This is just silly. I cannot and I will not choose! 062802puke_prv.gif

You know, if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 14 2011, 06:32 AM)
I don't care wether it's fair or not; I'm not making a new poll until Hemispheres isn't in the lead.

laugh.gif The joy of power

(I'll stand by you on that one)

Aw sad.gif My two favourite Rush songs are about to be voted off together Edited by Your_Lion