Worst of the Best 8

An Enemy Without

Bravado , and your check is in the mail laugh.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 15 2011, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 15 2011, 11:18 AM)
Bravado , and your check is in the mail laugh.gif

What? You know where I live?

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 14 2011, 09:59 PM)
So far, the voting is going EXACTLY how I expected. Most of the votes are among the bottom half of the list; the newer songs. It seems "old Rush good, new Rush bad" is still the philosophy most of us share.

If by "old" Rush, you mean everything before Moving Pictures, then that seems to be the forum consensus when it comes to these sort of polls/questions. I would be amazed if LVS or Xanadu doesn't win (even though I'll be voting against them 'till Kingdom Come).

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 14 2011, 09:59 PM)
So far, the voting is going EXACTLY how I expected. Most of the votes are among the bottom half of the list; the newer songs. It seems "old Rush good, new Rush bad" is still the philosophy most of us share.

Surprisingly, The Analog Kid has zero votes while Hemispheres (their best song, in my opinion) has one. Someone isn't reading the question properly.  tongue.gif

Yup, but I think we knew that going in. There's so much good stuff post Signals that basically seems to get the auto votes from a lot of people.

I think songs like Animate, Dreamline, LTTA, Double Agent, Earthshine, Far Cry, and Caravan are far better than Analog Kid, Camera Eye, or even Cygnus X-1 but because they are from the classic period, they remain

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 15 2011, 03:59 AM)
It seems "old Rush good, new Rush bad" is still the philosophy most of us share.

Except that The Fountain of Lamneth was among the first to go http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/sad/crying-2.gif

anywho...Dreamline this time round

Went with Red Sector. There's not a lot of variety in it, and it's always sounded pretty dull to me. I like it but never loved it.

Toss up between that and Bravado. Had to pick Red Sector over it just because I always liked Neil's drum work at the end of Bravado.

Would have taken considerable time to wait for the other songs on CA, sure. And judging about what they have said about the other tracks to come, it might have been worth waiting.

Nothing against the same poll again in roughly, er, hopefully, a year.