I miss John Lennon

Soni

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 12 2011, 08:12 AM)
Yoko, oh Yoko, the Capitalist Pig!!!!!!

I think where he crossed the line was calling it Lennon's Pub. He's not a Lennon. He's making money off of Beatle John Lennon. I can't fault Yoko too much for this.

Yoko Ono has supported the following charities:

Aid Still Required

Amnesty International

Autism Speaks

Elton John AIDS Foundation

Soles4Souls

St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters

The Doe Fund

The Gorilla Organization

WhyHunger

Thank you for trying to set the tragically misguided RUSHHEAD666 straight. I'm glad I wasn't here for that, because it's a giant bummer to read in this thread. Yoko was not the devil. John and Yoko seemed quite happy at the end. As she sang on Double Fantasy, Hard times are over/Over for a while. And as he sang, I love you (yeah, yeah) now and forever. I never truly got what DF was really all about until, I don't know, not that many years ago.

Yeah, I miss John Lennon. A Beatles reunion would have been a given. It's the solo tour he was planning on embarking on. All the cats he could have played with, hung out with.. the causes he would have been interested in. Not to mention his young son. He was coming back, and probably in a big way. I've missed him since I heard the news. He'll be missed by quite a number of people, for some time to come.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 13 2011, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 13 2011, 12:07 PM)
i find it pretty hilarious that people say that Lennon wasn't a big deal.  Some of his later solo material isn't quite my thing, and within The Beatles, while I personally even prefer George and Paul to him, there's no doubt that he was the band's absolute frontman, when you think of The Beatles, it's his voice that you hear...he shaped the band and they wouldn't have been the same without him, nor would music in general.

I completely disagree..Paul was the frontman.

He was lead-singer of The Beatles.

John and George were the back-ups.

Then you do not really know The Beatles music. John wrote and sang lead vocals on just as many songs as Paul did.

Yeah, I miss the guy too. And I miss the Beatles reunions (starting with Live AID, no doubt) that never happened as a result of losing him so soon.

Exact! They would have reunited at some point, I'm sure of it.