I miss John Lennon

Soni

I was born 10 years after he got killed, yet I miss his talent, voice, poetry.

sad.gif

http://belfash.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/lennon_multiple_glasses.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rose.gif

I really need to buy the entire beatle's catalog remaster that came out awhile ago I believe. I lost some of my albums unsure.gif

I don't give a f**k about popularity or not, they made damn good music for the most part.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jun 7 2011, 06:58 PM)
You aren't the only one. The day he died was one of the darkest of my life to be sure.

I know how you feel... b_sigh.gif rose.gif

It's one of those moments in life that I will never forget where I was when I heard the news. I was getting in the car to go play some pickup basketball when the news came over the radio. I just turned the car off and cried a little and then went back in the house. Wasn't much in the mood to play hoops at that point.

I remember waking up Tuesday morning hearing several Beatles songs in a row. I wondered what was up. When I found out I was simply depressed. I got ready for school and walked to the bus stop and met my friend. We sat on the steps waiting for the bus in silence.

John Lennon is my favorite singer and songwriter of all-time. I frequently think about what he might have done if he lived.

I don't agree with everything he did, but his songs are among the best I've ever heard.

I have mixed feelings about him. When it came to songwriting, lyrics and performing he was fantastic. Some of the stunts he pulled were a little naive. I saw a clip form an interview where a reporter asks him if his antics had ever saved a life and he was convinced they had. she called him naive. Definitely was coming from the right place imo. There is also a cool video of him welcoming a probably disturbed fan into his house for some food and trying to explain that he is just a man, not a god.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 14 2011, 01:20 AM)
There is also a cool video of him welcoming a probably disturbed fan into his house for some food and trying to explain that he is just a man, not a god.

I saw that one. I thought he really did the right thing.

QUOTE (Soni @ Jun 13 2011, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 14 2011, 01:20 AM)
There is also a cool video of him welcoming a probably disturbed fan into his house for some food and trying to explain that he is just a man, not a god.

I saw that one. I thought he really did the right thing.

it was nice of him but is eerie considering what eventually happened with MDC. That sort of thing makes you understand Neil a little more.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jun 7 2011, 01:58 PM)
You aren't the only one. The day he died was one of the darkest of my life to be sure.

His death still affects me and always will. Went to work the next day totally numb. As the years go by, it doesn't get easier either.

A true genius lost. AND......the coward who shot him, his name NEVER comes out of my mouth. His 'fifteen minutes of fame" died a LONG time ago.

I remember being at school that day when a girl from my class came up with the news. I was totally shocked and couldn't believe what she has heard on the radio.

I still love The Beatles and always will!!!

R.I.P. John

R.I.P. George

I remember hearing the news the next day on the radio. I was eleven years old. At that time, I had no idea he was one of the Beatles. I only knew of his solo material because they played it a lot at the local skating rink I used to go to every weekend.

The movie some of you are referring to where he told the fan who was camping outside to come in was from "Imagine" from 1988.

I enjoyed that film. As far as a person/musician, he was alright. I never thought he was "all that".

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 29 2011, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Jun 29 2011, 10:28 AM)
come on, man, he wasnt that good.

As a songwriter and singer, yeah, he's that good.

he just was an extension of the beatles, which by the way were not that good neither, but i respect him anyway.

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jun 29 2011, 08:24 PM)
on a scale of 1 to 10 as far as Lennon worship: 10 being Brian May and 1 being Akron162, I'm at about a 7.5. In other words, I buy into about 3/4 of what everybody says about him. I love his work but I dont think he's God.

This goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Jun 29 2011, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 29 2011, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Jun 29 2011, 10:28 AM)
come on, man, he wasnt that good.

As a songwriter and singer, yeah, he's that good.

he just was an extension of the beatles, which by the way were not that good neither, but i respect him anyway.

sad.gif I'm sad you do not realize The Beatles' and John Lennon's greatness.

I can only hope that someday while listening to them you have an epiphany and appreciate their work as truly great. smile.gif