Fleetwood Mac

What is your opinion of Fleetwood Mac?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of Fleetwood Mac?

• Love 'em
    • Hate 'em
    • They're okay
    • I've heard the hits, but not much else
    • Who?

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 14 2011, 08:38 PM)
"if you find something while in the wind, something that you lost..."

"And you will find while in the wind

Something that you lost"

Straight Back = best.

Edited by liddybuck01

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 14 2011, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 14 2011, 08:38 PM)
"if you find something while in the wind, something that you lost..."

"And you will find while in the wind

Something that you lost"

Straight Back = best.

certainly is. Okay, those are the correct lyrics. Forgot quite how it went. yes.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 14 2011, 08:59 PM)
listen to this song and tell me it's not amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtEuJsSHjzU

That is good. That was one creepy album cover.

Be amazed. If you don't know how good he is check it out:

big Love Live

Anyone catch SNL last night?

Lindsey Buckingham was in a skit and actually played a bit of the

solo Big Love that I posted a link too earlier? It was spooky.

yes I did! I actually run the facebook page called "get Lindsey buckingham on SNL" lol that skit has been running for a while now, so it was good that he finally got on!

my friend who knows some people so she told me ahead of time that he would be on. I think she told them about my group, too. lindsey's wife actually "liked" it! lol

Edited by liddybuck01

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 15 2011, 08:56 PM)
yes I did! I actually run the facebook page called "get Lindsey buckingham on SNL" lol that skit has been running for a while now, so it was good that he finally got on!

my friend who knows some people so she told me ahead of time that he would be on. I think she told them about my group, too. lindsey's wife actually "liked" it! lol

Dat's kool

I have always liked them but one of the most Disappointing shows my wife and i have ever seen

HATE 'EM! REALLY REALLY HATE 'EM!
  • Like 1

Love them, but ONLY through the Buckingham/Nicks era. I really disliked all the incarnations that followed after those two started bouncing in and out of the band.

They are planning a tour next year, and I will most likely buy tickets IF they are "reasonably" priced, meaning not $300 for seats that suck.

QUOTE (RushNut @ May 16 2011, 10:08 AM)
I like them a lot. IMO Lindsey gets little respect and is underrated as a guitar player.

Lindsey made an SNL appearance last Saturday (really, he did, watch the end):

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 16 2011, 08:39 AM)
I have always liked them but one of the most Disappointing shows my wife and i have ever seen

why didn't you like the show? what year did you go?

also, Lindsey on SNL was discussed on page 2.

Lindsey Buckingham produced the second of the three Dream Academy albums. David Gilmour produced the first and third ones.

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 16 2011, 04:32 PM)

We saw the last tour they did. 2 years ago ? confused13.gif I never saw people stand so far away from each other as they did on that stage . The fake hug in the middle of the stage between L.B and S.N. , You read it on their faces ,it was all about the $$$$ . Tickets were not cheap. $100 for the last few rows . Just how we saw it.

yeah, that tour was the "hits" tour, so pretty much, yup, all about money. Stevie and Lindsey are always off and on with each other. i guess it depends on what happened before the show. they seem to be doing well again, with him playing guitar on a track on her new cd. FM is supposed to tour next year. hopefully they will do a deep cuts tour or something. as a true fan, i do not enjoy hearing the same 20 songs over and over. that's why seeing Lindsey alone is so refreshing. of course he does go your own way and tusk, but hearing him do the not so popular tunes is always exciting.

Right you are, sorry about that. I was breezing through here yesterday and totally missed it.

I know Behind The Mask gets shit on and it cleary doesn't have Buckingham, which iteslf sucks, but the song In The Back Of My Mind is a KILLER Fleetwood Mac song, as is the Stevie-sung Second Time. Both worth a revisit. Do You Know is an excellent Christine track as well.... Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 16 2011, 05:43 PM)

We saw the last tour they did. 2 years ago ? confused13.gif I never saw people stand so far away from each other as they did on that stage . The fake hug in the middle of the stage between L.B and S.N. , You read it on their faces ,it was all about the $$$$ . Tickets were not cheap. $100 for the last few rows . Just how we saw it.

The 1997 reunion tour was awesome. If they can come close to matching that this time around, I'll be there.