Lots of TV shows getting the axe

Rushman14

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ May 13 2011, 01:54 PM)
I dont watch any of these shows or any of these networks so I have to ask, is this a big deal?

You dont watch ABC or NBC?

I was watching V and The Event and they were ok, but I stopped because I suspected they would be cancelled and didnt want to waste my time. My GF watches Brothers and Sisters and she's bummed.

I saw a news article that states NBC will NOT be picking up "Wonder Woman", which I think is good news.

Oh my God, they canceled The Event AND V?!

And don't forget that Fox canceled Human Target, Lie to Me (probably the most unique show on TV!!!), and The Chicago Code. And yet they're starting a new show called I Hate My Teenage Daughter.

What.

The.

Heck.

I loved The Event and V, no worse than Heroes to be honest, and I would probably boycott broadcast TV if not for FRINGE and the couple sitcoms I watch. They start a million different game shows and reality TV and yet they cancel good dramas. All the sci-fis are dying. It's so depressing.

And speaking of sci-fi, let's not forget that in the past few years, Kyle XY, The 4400, The Dead Zone, Journeyman, Heroes, and Flashforward were all canceled, most after just a few seasons.

Crime dramas are cool and all, but I want my freakin' aliens. >(

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 13 2011, 02:30 PM)
I loved The Event and V, no worse than Heroes to be honest, and I would probably boycott broadcast TV if not for FRINGE and the couple sitcoms I watch. They start a million different game shows and reality TV and yet they cancel good dramas. All the sci-fis are dying. It's so depressing.

yes thank God they renewed Fringe. My favorite show common001.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 13 2011, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ May 13 2011, 01:54 PM)
I dont watch any of these shows or any of these networks so I have to ask, is this a big deal?

You dont watch ABC or NBC?

I was watching V and The Event and they were ok, but I stopped because I suspected they would be cancelled and didnt want to waste my time. My GF watches Brothers and Sisters and she's bummed.

I watch NHL on NBC When its on but other wise no.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 13 2011, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 13 2011, 02:30 PM)

yes thank God they renewed Fringe. My favorite show common001.gif

Same here. yes.gif

I mean, seriously, when was the last time they had that good of a sci-fi on broadcast TV that lasted more than two-three seasons? The X-Files? Even that wasn't so great after they shoved Mulder off the show. =/

And no, I don't count those weird vampire shows. Those are more fantasy/drama.

CHUCK didn't get cancelled? My whole family watches that show together but its gotten tiresome. I heard it was getting axed but it sounds like 'no'.

The Event could have survived if they'd rid of that HORRIBLE actress that played the queen alien. Ack! Awful! What casting agent picked that dreafully dry, wooden, troll with a voice like nails on a chalkboard.

V was a decent show but that stupid team of resistance resistance fighters was ridiculous. I mean how many dead aliens did they get. They couldnt just get a TV film crew in there to expose the plot to the world?

This is why except for a few shows we watch Discovery channel more than anything.

By the way, if anyone wants to see all the full stories, here's a link..

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/

Edited by briremo

I don't think there are any current shows on the major networks I watch except reality shows like Survivor, American Idol, The Amazing Race & America's Next Top Model, and those aren't going anywhere, so I have nothing to worry about. '

The only other current dramas I watch are on either HBO (True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, The Ricky Gervais Show), Showtime (Dexter), SyFy (Eureka), some news shows (won't mention so I don't get into politics) and maybe a couple of others I can't recall.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 14 2011, 07:16 AM)
America's Next Top Model, '

062802puke_prv.gif

The only thing worse than ANTM is The Real Housewives of...

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

The absolute worst dreck ever aired. And God help me why my dear wife loves those shows. A bunch of self centered idiots showing their asses to the world. Atlanta and NJ tops the list.

No reflection on you of course wink.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ May 14 2011, 06:46 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 14 2011, 07:16 AM)
America's Next Top Model,  '

062802puke_prv.gif

The only thing worse than ANTM is The Real Housewives of...

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

The absolute worst dreck ever aired. And God help me why my dear wife loves those shows. A bunch of self centered idiots showing their asses to the world. Atlanta and NJ tops the list.

No reflection on you of course wink.gif

it's ok, i'm used to it. my love of popular reality tv shows isn't exactly well thought of around these parts. wink.gif

I don't watch sitcoms on TV anymore. Everything and every plot conceivable has already been done. It's a dying art. I don't watch reality, I live it.

I did watch V and The Event although I think the plot line was going too slow and I was losing my patience.

Survivor is my favorite show and I watch Amazing Race but that's about it for reality tv.

I haven't watched anything on the networks since Seinfeld left the air (other than sports).

I watched five minutes of one of the Real Housewives with my wife. It made me reconsider my opposition to the death penalty.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ May 14 2011, 03:57 PM)
I haven't watched anything on the networks since Seinfeld left the air (other than sports).

I watched five minutes of one of the Real Housewives with my wife. It made me reconsider my opposition to the death penalty.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I heard Terminator had been axed after the 2nd season. Not surprising for what I thought were two reasons: when Cameron (the female Terminatrix), had developed "feelings" for John Connor, and when they all destroyed the male Terminator and buried him in the ground, save for his CPU. Despite the fact that I'd watched both seasons, I thought the first one lived up to Terminator 2 (the movie) and felt that the second season fell flat. My own honest opinion.

QUOTE (Babycat @ May 17 2011, 05:49 AM)
I heard Terminator had been axed after the 2nd season. Not surprising for what I thought were two reasons: when Cameron (the female Terminatrix), had developed "feelings" for John Connor, and when they all destroyed the male Terminator and buried him in the ground, save for his CPU. Despite the fact that I'd watched both seasons, I thought the first one lived up to Terminator 2 (the movie) and felt that the second season fell flat. My own honest opinion.

I think John was considering hitting that, too! laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushNut @ May 17 2011, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ May 17 2011, 05:49 AM)

I think John was considering hitting that, too! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

i am very sad that there will be no more stargate sad.gif oh well, at least they show SG1 constantly on sky 1!!! smile.gif

I watched, "No Ordinary Family" every week with my wife and daughter. It was tame but fun and family friendly. I hate getting involved in too many shows because this stuff happens more often then not.

I remember a few years back, my wife and I watched a show called, "Invasion" which was on every week after, Lost.

They canceled in mid stream and left us hanging with no answers. Hours of my life just wasted and no respect given for peoples time.