Lots of TV shows getting the axe

Rushman14

QUOTE (tick @ May 23 2011, 07:49 AM)
I watched, "No Ordinary Family" every week with my wife and daughter. It was tame but fun and family friendly. I hate getting involved in too many shows because this stuff happens more often then not.

I remember a few years back, my wife and I watched a show called, "Invasion" which was on every week after, Lost.
They canceled in mid stream and left us hanging with no answers. Hours of my life just wasted and no respect given for peoples time.

Was that the alien one?

It was a bit shit though wasn't it?

Did you guys (any of you haha) see that series/season finale of The Event?! That was AMAZING! Best episode of the season! And such a cruel cliffhanger!

They finally get into the plot, finally reveal what "the event" really is, and it's CANCELED.

Broadcast must have something against scifi. If I'm not mistaken, aside from the CW, all broadcast scifis are getting canceled with the exception of Fringe, no? :C

Only ones of those I liked were No Ordinary Family and Mr Sunshine.

One show that's gone that I will miss is Smallville.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 14 2011, 08:36 AM)
It's too bad CBS axed Shit my Dad says

That show was hysterical. I can't believe it's been cancelled. sad.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 17 2011, 11:05 AM)
So many shows getting axed that I'd not even heard of.

That may explain why they are getting axed. laugh.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 24 2011, 09:32 AM)
Did you guys (any of you haha) see that series/season finale of The Event?! That was AMAZING! Best episode of the season! And such a cruel cliffhanger!

They finally get into the plot, finally reveal what "the event" really is, and it's CANCELED.

NBC Cancels 'The Event', Talks Underway To Continue The Show Elsewhere.

No surprise there - NBC has pulled the plug on the low-rated sci-fi drama The Event, which started off strongly but quickly fizzled. But there is a twist, and it's not only the big surprise planned by the producers for the finale. Talks are underway with at least one distribution partner to take over the serialized drama. The Event executive producer Steve Stark wouldn't comment, but I hear new original programming player Netflix's name tossed around. Word is that there has been interest from several cable and digital entities. Stark said that they are exploring the opportunities with the "full support" of the studio, UMS. "NBC has been an amazing partner, it launched the show beautifully," he said. Added creator Nick Wauters: "We have a dedicated fan base, and we promised them we will deliver one way or another and will continue to tell our stories."