What are you eating now?

Alsgalpal

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 19 2009, 12:36 PM)
i just threw a bunch of stuff in a pan.
oil, diced onion, green pepper, sirloin chop meat, chick peas, and some el paso taco seasoning. simmer for 5 minutes, and cover with shredded cheddar. i recommend leaving the chick peas out and make a burrito instead.

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Aug 19 2009, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu Princess @ Aug 19 2009, 12:04 PM)
What the hell's a fig newton - sounds almost obscene lol.

A handul of dried roasted peanuts and diet coke - Mmmm yummy

biggrin.gif

A plastic tray of Fig NewtonsThe Fig Newton is a brand of fig bar (in Europe, fig roll), pastry filled with fig jam. A trademarked product of Nabisco, Fig Newtons in their modern form originated in the United States and have since spread across the world. Their unusual shape is a characteristic that has been adopted by many competitors, such as the generic fig bars sold by most supermarkets, and Newman's Own Fig Newmans (an organic variety).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/41vjqvp2hfl-_sl500_aa280_pibundle-4.jpg

thanks for that Troutman - I know what they are now - my dad buys them all the time. They look gross to me, cant remember what we call them, Fig Rolls perhaps.

For my Birthday dinner last night my wife made me one of my favorites: Moroccan Spiced Chicken! drool1.gif

Here's the recipe: Click. Try it sometime, it's fantastic!

I don't know if this is just a regional thing, but I'm having a "Neba" roast beef sandwich for lunch.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 20 2009, 11:45 AM)
I don't know if this is just a regional thing, but I'm having a "Neba" roast beef sandwich for lunch.

What's Neba?

Cherry Pop-Tart. Well, actually I am eating 2 of them. Since they come 2 to a bag, you have to eat both or the other one gets stale.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 20 2009, 11:46 AM)

What's Neba?

It used to be a chain, Mike's Subs/Neba Roast Beef, but it's long gone. Nevertheless, one of the street vendors in downtown Albany sells a "Neba roast beef," too. It's basically a sandwich piled high with slow-roasted and salty roast beef. Horseradish sauce! On a Kaiser roll. Think Arby's, only with a sea salt taste.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 20 2009, 11:54 AM)

What's Neba?

It used to be a chain, Mike's Subs/Neba Roast Beef, but it's long gone. Nevertheless, one of the street vendors in downtown Albany sells a "Neba roast beef," too. It's basically a sandwich piled high with slow-roasted and salty roast beef. Horseradish sauce! On a Kaiser roll. Think Arby's, only with a sea salt taste.

Sounds great! drool1.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 20 2009, 11:56 AM)

What's Neba?

Sounds great! drool1.gif

Sounds similar to the Beef on Weck sandwiches in the buffalo area. tasty indeed.

horseradish rules! i keep telling myself I will grow some one day.

QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 20 2009, 12:42 PM)

What's Neba?

Sounds great! drool1.gif

Sounds similar to the Beef on Weck sandwiches in the buffalo area. tasty indeed.

I've heard of "Beef on a Weck," but I've never had one. Unsure if it's similar.

Don't you put BBQ sauce on that?

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 20 2009, 12:50 PM)

What's Neba?

Sounds great! drool1.gif

I've heard of "Beef on a Weck," but I've never had one. Unsure if it's similar.

Don't you put BBQ sauce on that?

my guess is they are similar.

a beef on weck is carved beef on a kimmelweck roll. a kimmelweck roll is a kaiser roll encrusted with coarse salt and caraway seeds on the top of the bun. topped with horseradish. traditionally not served with barbecue sauce.

What's Neba?

Sounds great! drool1.gif

Next time you're at the grocery store do yourself a favor and get some of that new French's Horseradish Mustard and try it on a sandwich with thin sliced roast beef. Good stuff!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 20 2009, 01:23 PM)

What's Neba?

Sounds great! drool1.gif

Next time you're at the grocery store do yourself a favor and get some of that new French's Horseradish Mustard and try it on a sandwich with thin sliced roast beef. Good stuff!

I love horseradish mustard and will keep an eye out for it! trink39.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 20 2009, 01:42 PM)

What's Neba?

Sounds great! drool1.gif

I love horseradish! It's one of my favorite condiments.

QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 20 2009, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 20 2009, 01:23 PM)

What's Neba?

Sounds great! drool1.gif

I love horseradish mustard and will keep an eye out for it! trink39.gif

Me, too! Good tip.

Odd, I never considered myself a "horseradish guy"... but I DO love it on Arby's sandwiches and such. I ought to start using it on roast beef at home, instead of mayo. (Yes, I said mayo. I prefer it over Russian on roast beef.)

Archived