What are you eating now?

Alsgalpal

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting ready to inhale a marinara meatball sub.

After not eating most of the day, and riding the hell out of my horse, I'm ravenous.

I'm just drinking a small glass of Coke.

For dinner, I had some fried fish, sliced cucumbers in vinegar with pepper, Bob Evans style mashed potatoes, caesar salad.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 20 2009, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 20 2009, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 20 2009, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Aug 20 2009, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 20 2009, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 20 2009, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 20 2009, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 20 2009, 11:45 AM)
I don't know if this is just a regional thing, but I'm having a "Neba" roast beef sandwich for lunch.

What's Neba?

It used to be a chain, Mike's Subs/Neba Roast Beef, but it's long gone. Nevertheless, one of the street vendors in downtown Albany sells a "Neba roast beef," too. It's basically a sandwich piled high with slow-roasted and salty roast beef. Horseradish sauce! On a Kaiser roll. Think Arby's, only with a sea salt taste.

Sounds great! drool1.gif

Sounds similar to the Beef on Weck sandwiches in the buffalo area. tasty indeed.

horseradish rules! i keep telling myself I will grow some one day.

Next time you're at the grocery store do yourself a favor and get some of that new French's Horseradish Mustard and try it on a sandwich with thin sliced roast beef. Good stuff!

I love horseradish mustard and will keep an eye out for it! trink39.gif

Me, too! Good tip.

Odd, I never considered myself a "horseradish guy"... but I DO love it on Arby's sandwiches and such. I ought to start using it on roast beef at home, instead of mayo. (Yes, I said mayo. I prefer it over Russian on roast beef.)

Took Jack's advice and bought French's Horseradish Mustard at the store yesterday. It's on the roast beef sandwich I'll be eating in 45 minutes.

Archived