The Royal Wedding

SeamusWiles

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 29 2011, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 29 2011, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 29 2011, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 29 2011, 10:01 AM)
The problem in Diana's marriage though was because Charles was having an affair or three, including that hag Camilla.

But he's been with Camilla for 40 years, right? Before, during, and after Diana. I've heard the Brits accept her now.

Um, 40 years? How can that be if he married Diana in 1981?

Oh, they've had a thing going on since the 70's, there's that pic of the two of them next to a tree. Maybe Chuck was talking to the tree, who knows....

Thank you. trink39.gif

"How can that be," indeed! It be, because he was with Camilla BEFORE, during, and after Diana.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 29 2011, 11:38 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 29 2011, 03:31 PM)
I can't imagine what he saw in Camilla. A hotty she was not.

That's what I always thought... *shudder*

Pippa's hawt. Sheer dress, holding the train, heading into Westminster Abbey. Backlit with soft sunlight. Rewound the DVR, slo mo

3 times to be sure, someone else in the room didn't mind either...

wow!

From the BBC:

Timeline: Charles and Camilla's romance

September, 1971

Charles joins the Navy and a fledgling romance with Camilla Shand cools.

A young Charles and Camilla first meet at a polo match in Windsor in 1970. But it's Charles' decision to enter the Royal Navy the following year that scuppers their developing relationship at least for the time being.

July, 1973

Camilla marries Major Andrew Parker Bowles.

Camilla's attentions turn elsewhere and she marries her longstanding admirer Major Andrew Parker Bowles also a friend of Charles. The couple remain friends with the Prince and over the next couple of decades Charles and Camilla grow closer.

November, 1977

Charles meets Di and a romance blossoms.

Charles meets a shy 16yearold Lady Diana Spencer. Shortly afterwards begins a relationship that is to captivate people all over the world encouraged according to some commentators by Camilla.

February, 1981

Charles and Diana disclose that they are to marry.

Charles proposes to Diana triggering a media frenzy of attention that would last until her death. Shy Di is to become the most photographed woman in the world sometimes leaving Charles in the shadows. Asked by reporters whether he was in love he famously replies.. whatever love is.

July, 1981

The wedding of the century Charles and Diana marry.

The wedding of the heir to the throne and his radiant bride at St Paul's Cathedral is the fairytale wedding that suited the press and it seems most of the country. They soon learn however that the reality of their marriage is not quite as romantic.

November, 1992

Charles is rocked by the Camillagate tapes.

The relationship between Charles and Camilla is brought into public focus by publication of parts of the socalled Camillagate tape of a telephone conversation between the couple in which intimate details of their mutual affection are revealed. The full transcript is published soon afterwards.

December, 1992

Charles and Diana separate.

Official confirmation of the marriage breakdown comes when Prime Minister John Major announces that Charles and Diana are to separate.

June, 1994

Charles admits adultery.

Charles admits in a TV documentary that he has committed adultery during his marriage. He makes the revelation during a televised interview with Jonathan Dimbleby who is later to write his authorised biography.

November, 1994

Charles authorised biography names Camilla as Charles lover.

Dimbleby later confirms in his biography of the prince that the third party is Camilla. A biography of Diana claims she has been unfaithful to Charles.

January, 1995

Andrew and Camilla Parker Bowles divorce. Andrew remarries soon afterwards.

November, 1995

Diana pours her heart out on TV.

Diana appears in her own television documentary in which she admits her infidelity and reveals her unhappiness in a marriage in which there were three people.

August, 1996

Charles and Diana are divorced more than three years after their formal separation.

August, 1997

Diana is killed in a car crash in Paris which also claims the life of Dodi Fayed.

The death of Diana and her close friend Dodi Fayed in a car crash in Paris triggered an astonishing outpouring of emotion and mourning around the world. It also inevitably brought to a temporary halt Camilla's gradual emergence into the public eye as the new woman in Charles' life.

June, 1998

Camilla meets the young princes.

Camilla's formal introduction as a longterm partner for Charles begins to gather pace. A key moment is her chance meeting with Charles' elder son Prince William at St James's Palace. Unintentional it may be but it helps break the ice and paves the way for more frequent social events involving Charles' sons and his new love.

January, 1999

Charles and Camilla are seen in public together.

At last the couple are photographed in public together. Charles and Camilla emerge from a 50th birthday party for a friend at the Ritz to a cacophony of flashbulbs popping and a media scrum rarely witnessed since Dianas death.

August, 1999

Camilla joins Charles and his sons on holiday.

Camillas rehabilitation after the negative response to revelations that she was the other woman in Charles and Dianas marriage took another step forward when she and her children joined Charles and his sons on a family holiday in Greece.

June, 2000

Camilla meets the Queen.

It takes best part of another year for Camilla formally to meet the Queen so marking a significant thawing in relations with the monarch. Charles had been upset by his mother's failure to attend his 50th birthday celebrations in 1998 because of Camilla's presence. But the Queen's decision to accept an invitation to King Constantine of Greece's 60th birthday party at Highgrove where Camilla is also a guest is regarded as a breakthrough.

June, 2001

A year on and Charles and Camilla share their first public kiss.

August, 2003

Camilla moves in with Charles.

The couple are now living together at Highgrove Gloucestershire and when Charles moves into the Queen Mothers former residence Clarence House so does Camilla though Buckingham Palace points out that decoration of her suite has not involved public funds.

February, 2005

Charles and Camilla get engaged.

Charles and Camilla announce their engagement triggering a division of public opinion and a host of controversies over the constitutional and legal implications and even a rethink over the venue for the ceremony. But at last the plans are laid and couple prepare for their big day.

April, 2005

Charles and Camilla get married at Windsor Guildhall with a service to follow at the Castle.

I had just enough time before leaving my house this morning to see Catherine walk down the aisle. Stunning.

To all the cynics: Be quiet and deal with it! For once, something HAPPY in the news, no matter how blown out of proportion. sheesh. tongue.gif

Er, because she was educated, intelligent, and they shared a lot of common interests?

Diana was lovely, yes, but not someone with whom Charles could easily discuss world affairs. At least not in the beginning - I think she sharpened up later. She also hated horses and riding, something both Charles and Camilla loved.

It ain't always about looks, people - at some point you are going to have to have a conversation with your spouse.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 29 2011, 11:13 AM)

Er, because she was educated, intelligent, and they shared a lot of common interests?

Diana was lovely, yes, but not someone with whom Charles could easily discuss world affairs. At least not in the beginning - I think she sharpened up later. She also hated horses and riding, something both Charles and Camilla loved.

It ain't always about looks, people - at some point you are going to have to have a conversation with your spouse.

trink39.gif

And hell, she's not that bad-looking. As if Charles was a stud! eyesre4.gif

And who knows, maybe Camilla is a tigress in the sack. Wears sexy lingerie, talks dirty, wants it all the time... laugh.gif

OK, just saw a few pictures.

Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie (Andrew & Fergie's spawn) should not have been allowed to dress themselves. That blue thing. . .shudder.

Watched all coverage between 3 AM and 8 AM. What a great looking couple. Katie looked absolutely gorgeous in her wedding dress. Hard to believe I stayed up in those seemingly ungodly hours for people I hardly even know.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 29 2011, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 29 2011, 11:13 AM)

trink39.gif

And hell, she's not that bad-looking. As if Charles was a stud! eyesre4.gif

And who knows, maybe Camilla is a tigress in the sack. Wears sexy lingerie, talks dirty, wants it all the time... laugh.gif

062802puke_prv.gif

and you're right about Charles. The funny thing about Prince William is that he looks like my nephew Jonathan.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 29 2011, 11:48 AM)
Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie (Andrew & Fergie's spawn) should not have been allowed to dress themselves. That blue thing. . .shudder.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/Princess_Eugenie_and_Beatrice_on_formers_wedding.jpg

Fergie's daughters get invited, but Fergie herself wasn't. Kind of says something. Invite almost 2,000 people, but not your Aunt Fergie. Wow, they really hate her now.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 29 2011, 02:24 PM)
Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie (Andrew & Fergie's spawn) should not have been allowed to dress themselves.  That blue thing. . .shudder.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/Princess_Eugenie_and_Beatrice_on_formers_wedding.jpg

Fergie's daughters get invited, but Fergie herself wasn't. Kind of says something. Invite almost 2,000 people, but not your Aunt Fergie. Wow, they really hate her now.

Funny thing (and I've been looking at this WAY more than I said I would) is that relations had apparently thawed twixt the palace and Fergie - she got invited on holiday with everyone and she & Andrew, and even the Queen, were getting along.

Until she made that wee error in judgment when she tried to sell access to Andrew to the tabloids for $750K. Oops.

And is it now going to become the fashion to wear hats on our foreheads? Several people in the wedding party appear to be doing that - look at Victoria Beckham. I hope not, because it's a stupid look.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 29 2011, 01:24 PM)
Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie (Andrew & Fergie's spawn) should not have been allowed to dress themselves.  That blue thing. . .shudder.

^^^Dear lord.

I couldn't resist, and took a peek at the BBC website. This quote in particular cracked me up:

"According to a lip-reading expert, Prince William told his bride she looked 'beautiful' as she joined him at the altar and joked to his father-in-law Michael: 'We're supposed to have just a small family affair.'"

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 29 2011, 06:24 PM)

I don't get it - biggest event of the year (or even decade, possibly) & she still gets left out...

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 29 2011, 01:28 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 29 2011, 09:20 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Apr 28 2011, 03:18 PM)
God, I can't even get away from it on my favourite site... banghead.gif

+1

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

I suggest both of you refrain from using Google today. wink.gif

I never use Google anyway. I'm a Yahoo-er, but there's a graphic about it there too. eyesre4.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 29 2011, 01:31 PM)
I couldn't resist, and took a peek at the BBC website. This quote in particular cracked me up:

"According to a lip-reading expert, Prince William told his bride she looked 'beautiful' as she joined him at the altar and joked to his father-in-law Michael: 'We're supposed to have just a small family affair.'"

laugh.gif

I heard/read that too. Great!

DADGUMMIT.

I swore I didn't care about this and damned if I'm not sneaking continual peeks at the video clips on BBC.com and...DAMMIT, even tearing up.

Gah.

Kate's just so pretty and princess-ish, and William looks so proud, and they're both so sweet-looking and young, and it reminds me of how most every little girl dreams of being a princess.

Damn it. <sniff>