What was your first concert EVER?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XExeGwzRszY/TAYAPEgKdVI/AAAAAAAAAcg/3d31Hvr3kQc/s320/kiss_logo.jpg

Onadoga War Memorial Auditorium

Syracuse, New York - 16 December 1976

http://xtrememusic.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/kiss-smoke-song-1976-rock-band-550x372.jpg

• Like 1

AC/DC on the For Those About to Rock tour at the Boston Garden. I was pretty sure the cannons were going to make the rickety old building collapse.

Dear GOD.....

Growing up in the midwest I saw several bands that I'd have rather not seen but saw because all the other 8th graders were going (like Air Supply; the memory is evil). The first band I saw that I wanted to see was Big Country, after I moved to the East Coast. Saw them on their first album tour. Blew me away. The musicianship was amazing; they're still the band that I've seen whose live material was the most faithful to the album material. I still love their early releases.

"AC/DC on the For Those About to Rock tour at the Boston Garden. I was pretty sure the cannons were going to make the rickety old building collapse."

My first arena concert was also AC/DC For Those About to Rock, at The Capital Centre outside D.C., cannons and all. I wasn't even that close to the stage and my ears buzzed the entire next day through school.

Edited by Rutlefan

Grand Funk Railroad, June 21, 1974 in Spokane, WA at the Coliseum

I looked it up online :-)

I knew who I saw and was pretty sure it was summer of '74 but now I know for sure.

Edited by driventotheedge

My first arena concert was also AC/DC For Those About to Rock, at The Capital Centre outside D.C., cannons and all. I wasn't even that close to the stage and my ears buzzed the entire next day through school.

Yup. I can't tell you how many bands I've seen since then, many of them metal bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, etc., and I'm confident AC/DC was the loudest.

I knew who I saw and was pretty sure it was summer of '74 but now I know for sure.

Did they do "Closer to My Home"?

Yes, and We're An American Band and Inside Looking Out and.....

Do you have any idea how jealous I am that you saw Spirit at theit height? Fukkin A Lorraine! Do you remember the setlist?

On a side note relative to your post, I saw The Kinks in Seattle in the mid-80s. They were touring to support Word of Mouth, a very underrated album IMO.

Edited by driventotheedge

Did they do "Closer to My Home"?

Yes, and We're An American Band and Inside Looking Out and.....

Do you have any idea how jealous I am that you saw Spirit at theit height? Fukkin A Lorraine! Do you remember the setlist?

On a side note relative to your post, I saw The Kinks in Seattle in the mid-80s. They were touring to support Word of Mouth, a very underrated album IMO.

Do I remember the setlist??? :laughing guy: :laughing guy: That was 44 years ago!!! As it is, I can barely remember my name some days and will soon have to start wearing an ID bracelet.

What I do remember is not being disappointed, so they must have played most if not all of the songs off "The Family That Plays Together". That's another album I wore out. Don't think there was a song I didn't like on that one. I think they did "Ice" too. There were two bands before them - Bonzo Dog Band, then The Kinks, and then Spirit came on. I doubt if their set was longer than an hour.

Do I remember the setlist??? :laughing guy: :laughing guy: That was 44 years ago!!! As it is, I can barely remember my name some days and will soon have to start wearing an ID bracelet.

Too funny. That was before Sardonicus wasn't it? Hopefully they played a couple from that album for you.

Too funny. That was before Sardonicus wasn't it? Hopefully they played a couple from that album for you.

Yes it was. That was the last album (The Twelve Dreams) of theirs that I bought. I only had the first four. After that, other bands caught my attention.

Yup. I can't tell you how many bands I've seen since then, many of them metal bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, etc., and I'm confident AC/DC was the loudest.

I saw them in 2009 and they are the 2nd loudest band I've ever seen behind KISS.

I saw them in 2009 and they are the 2nd loudest band I've ever seen behind KISS.

interesting that KISS and AC/DC are the loudest bands you've seen still

interesting that KISS and AC/DC are the loudest bands you've seen still

I've seen a ton of bands but they are the only two that have left my ears ringing for 3+ days.

Good Topic,

Kiss Love Gun Tour Dec.1978(My Dad took me,I was about 13)

My second concert was Van Halen same year I think,following the release of "Van Halen"Actually,they were opening for Black Sabbath.The line up was Ramones,Van Halen,and Black Sabbath.I went to see them again the next year after "Van Halen II,they were headliners.