Favorite Pizza Place

What is your favorite pizza chain?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite pizza chain?

• Pizza Hut
    • Papa John's
    • Domino's
    • California Pizza Kitchen
    • Sbarro
    • Papa Murphy's
    • Godfather's
    • Little Caesar's
    • Uno's
    • CiCi's
    • Shakey's
    • Other (please specify, chains only no local pizzerias)

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 25 2011, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 23 2011, 05:33 PM)
Uno's because that's really the only deep dish pizza place around me.

You know what's sad? Uno's isn't even close to the best deep in Chicago. If you are ever in Chicago, go to Gino's East or Lou Malnatis. Now that's good deep dish.

Not a big fan of chain pizza. One of the great things about living in Chicago is that there are so many local pizza joints. I hate getting pizza away from home, because we are so spoiled here. yes.gif

Very True... but like I jut said, Uno's original in Chicago is still much better than any of the chains.

My favorite in Chi is Gino's East, Malnati's gets all the press on the Food Network, but I prefer Gino's

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 24 2011, 12:36 AM)
I'm a total pizza snob. Pizza chain pizza NEVER touches my lips. no.gif atickhum.gif pizza.gif

trink39.gif

I hate chain food pizza.

Not sure if its just a west coast thing there's a chain called Ameci Pizza. It's really good. There's also a place called Village Pizzera out here in L.A. with excellent NY style pizza. They have like 3 locations.

I don;t know if this constitutes a chain, they only have six places. Five in Connecticut, one in Yonkers NY. But Pepe's Pizzeria is the freaking best.

For those that do not know about New Haven style pizza, the pizza is thin crust, cooked in coal fired brick ovens. Pizza comes out somewhat oblong, and his cut into the strangest slices. Everything on the pie is fresh. We used to travel 40 miles to the one in Fairfield CT until the one opened in Yonkers. We are there at least twice a month. All the serve is pizza and salad. No slices.

Short of Pepe's there is nothing like a New York slice, or even a pie. How these other joints in the poll can be called pizza I have no idea.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 26 2011, 10:47 AM)

You know what's sad? Uno's isn't even close to the best deep in Chicago. If you are ever in Chicago, go to Gino's East or Lou Malnatis. Now that's good deep dish.

Not a big fan of chain pizza. One of the great things about living in Chicago is that there are so many local pizza joints. I hate getting pizza away from home, because we are so spoiled here. yes.gif

Very True... but like I jut said, Uno's original in Chicago is still much better than any of the chains.

My favorite in Chi is Gino's East, Malnati's gets all the press on the Food Network, but I prefer Gino's

I prefer Gino's too. I don't know why Malnati's get the press. Can't go wrong with either.

When I have people from visiting from out of town, I take them to Gino's though.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 27 2011, 10:55 AM)

I prefer Gino's too. I don't know why Malnati's get the press. Can't go wrong with either.

When I have people from visiting from out of town, I take them to Gino's though.

I remember on the Amazing Race they went to Gino's East smile.gif

When I was younger, like 7th or 8th grade, my parents took me to Chicago to see Wrigley Field. I was a huge Andre Dawson fan (not really a Cubs fan though) We stopped at Gino's and I remember writing our names on the wall... awesome memory. Coldest day in June I can remember though.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 27 2011, 11:55 AM)

Malnati's probably gets the press because that's the name of the founder of Pizzeria Uno. I think it was a spinoff company.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 27 2011, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 27 2011, 10:55 AM)

I remember on the Amazing Race they went to Gino's East smile.gif

When I was younger, like 7th or 8th grade, my parents took me to Chicago to see Wrigley Field. I was a huge Andre Dawson fan (not really a Cubs fan though) We stopped at Gino's and I remember writing our names on the wall... awesome memory. Coldest day in June I can remember though.

There is so much writing on the wall at Gino's that if you want to get your stuff read, you need to use white out over all of the other writing. laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 27 2011, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 27 2011, 11:55 AM)

Malnati's probably gets the press because that's the name of the founder of Pizzeria Uno. I think it was a spinoff company.

Yes, I believe it was. And Gino's was started by a couple of Chicago cabbies.

QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Apr 26 2011, 10:59 PM)
I don;t know if this constitutes a chain, they only have six places. Five in Connecticut, one in Yonkers NY. But Pepe's Pizzeria is the freaking best.

For those that do not know about New Haven style pizza, the pizza is thin crust, cooked in coal fired brick ovens. Pizza comes out somewhat oblong, and his cut into the strangest slices. Everything on the pie is fresh. We used to travel 40 miles to the one in Fairfield CT until the one opened in Yonkers. We are there at least twice a month. All the serve is pizza and salad. No slices.

Short of Pepe's there is nothing like a New York slice, or even a pie. How these other joints in the poll can be called pizza I have no idea.

I've never been to the other Pepe's, but from what I've heard they are nothing like the original in New Haven.

Godfather's for sure. The only pizza place around here that I can actually stomach. Most of the other places around here (mostly Domino's and Pizza Hut) are just flat out awful. The only pain with Godfather's is that they don't deliver, so you have to get it yourself. But it's worth it. I personally prefer to make my own pizza at home, but take out is just as good.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 27 2011, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Apr 26 2011, 10:59 PM)

I've never been to the other Pepe's, but from what I've heard they are nothing like the original in New Haven.

Having grown up outside New Haven for many years in the 70's and 80's I think it has the best pizza...and here is a cool article to support it.

http://thepauperedchef.com/2007/09/new-haven-pizza.html

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Apr 24 2011, 01:08 PM)
Actually, my favorite pizza place is a placed called Pizza Shoppe in the KC area but they aren't a chain. If you're ever in the KC area be sure to find a Pizza Shoppe and stop in to try one.

http://www.pizzashoppe.com/

There's too many great local pizza places to include on a poll so I went with the majors.

Pizza Shoppe, I will have to try them out, there is one reasonably close.

I generally like NY style pizza with 1,2 or maybe 3 toppings, any more than that it is just to crowded.

My favorite chain pizza is from a small chain, about 90 stores and it is called Imo's really thin almost cracker type crust with really high quality ingredients. Round pizzas are cut into little 2x2 inch squares. mmmmm

Imo's have a buffet in which you can usually ask them to make any pizza you like and the quality is kept high.

This chains origins are in St. Louis.

I am not a fan of deep dish at all, usually they are done very poorly and are just a cheesy bland mush. If you are a fan of deep dish and in Colorado you should really seek out a Beau Jo's. They make what they call mountain pies that are sold by the pound, not the diameter. Some people swear by them and they do use very good ingredients.

There's a place here in N.County San Diego

that's got some killer slice's..It's called

Round Table Pizza...TASTY stuff! pizza.gif pizza.gif pizza.gif drool1.gif

..not to mention all kinds of pitcher's of

excellent brew-ski!!! trink38.gif wacko.gif biggrin.gif yes.gif signs015.gif

..You'll be feelin' F-I-N-E---fine ,

when ya leave that joint! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yes.gif trink39.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974