Vapor Trails

D3strukt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Apr 21 2011, 12:47 AM)
I have only been able to listen to the whole album once. To me it is painfully bad...their worst album easily. Unfocused and bad need of editing. S&A is leaps and bounds better and more melodic.

Agreed, the Spirit is there, but the productions sucks. I was very disappointed when I first heard it, nothing like Rush of past years.

Bad karma at SRO combined with the reality that Rush did not properly acknowledge their source of inspirtation.

'If you received of our spirituals, is it anything we receive of your carnals'? - Corinthians

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 06:09 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 21 2011, 06:16 PM)
Here's how I would re-sequence the album for better flow and to trim the weaker material:

Oh oops, did I accidentally delete every track? ohmy.gif

My bad!

Goober, you hate VT but you actually like Snakes And Arrows? That I can not wrap my brain around. Vapor Trails is light years better than Snakes.

Snakes And Arrows is as weak a Rush album as there is in my opinion. Although I don't hate it, its totally the bottom rung of Rush albums and sits next to Roll The Bones as the weakest album of there career.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 21 2011, 06:16 PM)
Here's how I would re-sequence the album for better flow and to trim the weaker material:

Oh oops, did I accidentally delete every track? ohmy.gif

My bad!

I don't need to agree with you to find this hilarious. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

VT is far from my favorite Rush album but it is also not the worst. I would much rather listen to it than HYF,Presto or RTB.

One Little Victory

Ghost Rider

Earthshine

Freeze

Secret Touch

these are the 4 songs that I thought were pretty good songs. The rest are listenable but not that good IMO

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 19 2011, 09:29 PM)
My two favorite VT songs are the overlooked gems Vapor Trail and Sweet Miracle. I have never seen anybody talk about Sweet Miracle, and I think it is a top ten of their last 6 albums.

Sweet Miracle is an awesome track.

Vapor Trails is stinking awesome. Snakes on the other hand is weak.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 21 2011, 06:53 AM)
Vapor Trails minus the bad production is the best Rush album since Presto.
Soooooooooo much better than Snakes And Arrows!!!!!!!

agree with this....!

although I think it's just a good album, certainly not great.....

Edited by WCFIELDS

The problem with Vapor Trails is that it's 13 songs that all sound exactly the same. They're generally pretty decent, but it's a tiring album to listen to because the lack of variety makes them all run together and you get lost. Edited by StellarJetman

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ May 1 2011, 02:12 PM)
The problem with Vapor Trails is that it's 13 songs that all sound exactly the same. They're generally pretty decent, but it's a tiring album to listen to because the lack of variety makes them all run together and you get lost.

I agree, but for me I would say even more the general problem with Vapor Trails is the album Vapor Trails. This album should never have been released.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2011, 04:25 PM)
The problem with Vapor Trails is that it's 13 songs that all sound exactly the same.  They're generally pretty decent, but it's a tiring album to listen to because the lack of variety makes them all run together and you get lost.

I agree, but for me I would say even more the general problem with Vapor Trails is the album Vapor Trails. This album should never have been released.

I could say the same thing about S&A yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2011, 05:25 PM)
The problem with Vapor Trails is that it's 13 songs that all sound exactly the same.  They're generally pretty decent, but it's a tiring album to listen to because the lack of variety makes them all run together and you get lost.

I listened to it again today while doing yard work. I loved it!