Vapor Trails

D3strukt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 1 2011, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 1 2011, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 1 2011, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 1 2011, 09:42 PM)
S&A sucks..really, it does.

Nah.

yah

Nope.

I know you are but what am I.

I have to get this Vapor Trails album that people are listening to that they think is better than Snakes & Arrows, because it must sound very different than my version.

Seriously, people are entitled to their own beliefs, but man, it's hard to not think people aren't on hard drugs when I read that. unsure.gif

let's see:

VT

to get a solid 'no filler' album, you'd have to leave off OLV, How It Is, Sweet Miracle and OOTC - that's still a 50 minute nine song record

S&A

similarly, you'd have to lose WTA, Larger Bowl, Hope, Faithless, GNF and MalNar to get to the good stuff - a 38 minute song record

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2011, 10:37 PM)
I have to get this Vapor Trails album that people are listening to that they think is better than Snakes & Arrows, because it must sound very different than my version.

Seriously, people are entitled to their own beliefs, but man, it's hard to not think people aren't on hard drugs when I read that. unsure.gif

http://tikiloungetalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/willy-wonka-in-chocolate-factory.jpg

Strike this, reverse it.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2011, 10:37 PM)
Seriously, people are entitled to their own beliefs, but man, it's hard to not think people aren't on hard drugs when I read that.  unsure.gif

Look who's talkin' about drug usage...

wink.gif

QUOTE (Majestyk @ May 3 2011, 02:40 AM)
Anyone who doesn't like S&A has come to expect WAY too much from the band.

It's not that I don't like SnA but I definitely don't want folk and blues on a Rush record. I appreciate that they were trying to be different but IMO that is not what they do best. I love about half the record and don't care much for the other half. Style wise I wanted the record to be more cohesive.

S/A was better in the concept of music. But Vapor Trails could be a life track.

S/A-Better for thought

VT-Better for social

Then said I have my moments when one is better than the other

QUOTE (Majestyk @ May 3 2011, 03:40 AM)
Anyone who doesn't like S&A has come to expect WAY too much from the band.

No, not at all. You listen to something and you either like it or you don't. The album bores me. Its not like I was determined to not like it? It just does nothing for me. It isn't awful, but I don't feel the need to listen to it anymore.

Archived