• Penny
    • Other

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi bekloppt.gif I'm back again!

How about -

Lovey (Thurston Howell III's wife) Lovey Jones

she does look white and girly and wide-eyed and you can get her a bling laden dogcollar.

if she's an attention whore, then you could name her Ginger -

Ginger Jones (sounds like an adult film star) tongue.gif

Gypsy Rose Lee (throwin it out there)

Tallulah (Jodie foster's character in Bugsy Malone)

Miss Amanda Jones (rolling stone song)

and away we go...

Okay, here's my suggestion, and it's probably going to make you say, "whaaaa????"

Go with your husband's name. Ellen is a fine dog name.

The reason is this. You've had an uphill battle to get the dog. He hasn't been 100% on board with it. If you let him pin the name on the pooch, though, it will give him a connection. See what I mean?

If you're dead set against Ellen Barkin, though, I say call her ShaNayNay. biggrin.gif Diva name for sure.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 15 2011, 06:38 PM)
Okay, here's my suggestion, and it's probably going to make you say, "whaaaa????"

The reason is this. You've had an uphill battle to get the dog. He hasn't been 100% on board with it. If you let him pin the name on the pooch, though, it will give him a connection. See what I mean?

If you're dead set against Ellen Barkin, though, I say call her ShaNayNay. biggrin.gif Diva name for sure.

Yeah, do that. If he's anything like me, not having any part of it will make him feel like it's just your dog and 0% his. This way, he gets to name the dog, have a sense of partial ownership, and you get to say "hey its your dog too!" when the dog vomits or shits all over your house while you're at work smile.gif

When my (now ex) asked for a dog ... I said, "over my dead body" ... anyways ... I was overuled ... and we named the dog "Lucky" for his sake ... and as it turned out he is a gem! ... and it was Lucky for our sake. He gives unconditional love, crazy exuberance and ear to ear smiles even though the ex an I have our differences. Good luck picking the name! ... Looks like a Twiggy to me! confused13.gif

My taste is all in my shoe.

If you want a name for a famous hooker, I don't think you can go wrong with Roxanne (see The Police song by the same name).

Based on her personality, and the fact the I'm a total trekkie, I'd probably call her Kira or Beylana because in essence the characters essentially just bark really loudly to get the cameras attention and then just act all energetic. laugh.gif

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 15 2011, 06:01 PM)
If you want a name for a famous hooker, I don't think you can go wrong with Roxanne (see The Police song by the same name).

Based on her personality, and the fact the I'm a total trekkie, I'd probably call her Kira or Beylana because in essence the characters essentially just bark really loudly to get the cameras attention and then just act all energetic. laugh.gif

I believe her name was spelled "B'Ellanna" Torres. Not that it matters, I'm just a stickler for spelling.

Anyway, is it just me or are there an awful lot of names on that list pertaining to booze?:

Gin (Ginny)

Bananarita

Harvina Wallbanger

Whiskey

Come to think of it, since you obviously have an affinity for booze janie, why not name her Boozie? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Apr 15 2011, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 15 2011, 06:01 PM)

I believe her name was spelled "B'Ellanna" Torres. Not that it matters, I'm just a stickler for spelling.

You're right there. My mistake tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 15 2011, 05:38 PM)

This^^ Give the dog naming to the hubby. She makes a cute Ellen (when she marries she'll give up that silly surname anyway tongue.gif )

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Apr 15 2011, 07:02 PM)
[i believe her name was spelled "B'Ellanna" Torres. Not that it matters, I'm just a stickler for spelling.

Anyway, is it just me or are there an awful lot of names on that list pertaining to booze?:

Gin (Ginny)
Bananarita
Harvina Wallbanger
Whiskey

Come to think of it, since you obviously have an affinity for booze janie, why not name her Boozie?  tongue.gif

My friends name all their pets after booze

Their black and tan border collie? Saranac (RIP Sara wub.gif )

Their scrappy, blue collar type, adopted stray cat? Schmidty (or SchmidtHead on most occassions)

Their glorious black Maine African American cat mix? Sambuca (Sam)

Their pretty little girl tiger cat? Stella (Artois)

Their Japanese fighter fish? Saki

well, you could call her Mrs. Stevens. I'm taking this from Bewitched when Serena turned Darrin's mother (Mrs. Stevens) into a cat. Samantha had to go find her and kept calling out "yoohoo, Mrs. Stevens!"

Archived